+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: 2017 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament

Whew. We finally come out and start a game well after a month of not doing it. Happy to beat UGA. Any game vs UGA is a war. They said on the telecast we have a 9 game winning streak vs UGA. We never lost to JJ Frazier in his career but most of those games were one possession wins. We are lucky. Glad we dont have to play against him ever again.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

I'd rather play Bama in the semis BTW, but either way itll be a game where the opponent will muck it up.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

We're just not very good. Probably going to be one and done in both the SECT and NCAAT.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

What I saw was exactly what I was afraid of. Georgia is worse offensively when they waver between playing high PNR and going through the post, I thought Frazier was going to collapse on the court from exhaustion (just had to do way too much after Maten went down, and did do it well but started running out of gas last week), and Maten was both rusty and maybe 50% at most.

Georgia was probably screwed anyway but combine that with they came out looking defeated from right at the beginning and very sluggish and you have this afternoon's game. I almost felt that I wanted my money back but I was able to watch that game and also accomplish everything I needed to do today so I'm good.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

UGA and Bama both got screwed, by Kenpom. USC was lower than both on Kenpom.

Kenpom-Bama 54, UGA 57, USC 61.
    RPI-USC-41, UGA-52, Bama-74

Providence too. UGA and Bama were better by Kenpom, UGA hadnhigher RPI than Providence and KSU, and Bama was higher on Kenpom.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Georgia needed to win their close games and have their coach not be as stubborn as he has been. And I'm not even meaning Kentucky or that road Florida game. I'm meaning the following:

Clemson
    Oakland
    Texas A&M

The Oakland and Texas A&M games were especially bad and mainly on stubbornness. Georgia's never been a good man to man team, but blew a double digit lead and actually ended up down double digits to Oakland while playing bad man to man defense. Texas A&M, if your inbound play isn't working, don't slam your head on the wall and shout "THIS IS THE PLAY", at least change the play.

That's really the only two games that were needed. Those are wins...you're probably in despite your unsexy resume. But no no no, I have to start with my boring "standards" until I realize that my team can't adhere to them and then change them later.

It's a shame, but this team wasn't as strong overall as last year, it was fairly similar to 12-13 but Frazier bailed them out in multiple games late, and that's not great especially against a mediocre and bad team (I don't consider Alabama either of those). It's a shame as the players are talented, but none of them fit what coach wants to do. Three players looking like busts in a class is a pattern.

The worst part about it is, I'm not sure it was like 12-13 in which the young players really showed development. Georgia's really not going to be in a good spot next year. Yante will probably be back, but guard play is vitally important...
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

The Mouth of the South GDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forums GDawg88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    UGA and Bama both got screwed, by Kenpom. USC was lower than both on Kenpom.

Kenpom-Bama 54, UGA 57, USC 61.
    RPI-USC-41, UGA-52, Bama-74

Providence too. UGA and Bama were better by Kenpom, UGA hadnhigher RPI than Providence and KSU, and Bama was higher on Kenpom.
    USC did sweep us. I'm all for using metrics like KenPom and RPI as data points, but at the end of the day, it has to come down to what happens on the court. UGA's computer numbers were propped up by playing a tough schedule and mostly avoiding bad losses, but our best win was over a 15-loss Vandy team, so there was no real case to be made for us getting into the dance.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GDawg88 View Post
    USC did sweep us. I'm all for using metrics like KenPom and RPI as data points, but at the end of the day, it has to come down to what happens on the court. UGA's computer numbers were propped up by playing a tough schedule and mostly avoiding bad losses, but our best win was over a 15-loss Vandy team, so there was no real case to be made for us getting into the dance.
    Agreed, but we had to play UK 3 times, UF twice, etc.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GDawg88 View Post
    But Bama did sweep USC, beat UGA once, and beat Vandy once. No bad losses either. I jus think that they look down on the SEC. Providence doesn't have a great resume, same with SoCal and Kansas State
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

SC beat UCLA and Oregon lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast