+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here or the pro football forum

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Here or the pro football forum

Stever Sarkisian posed to become Falcons new OC, according to ESPN:

Steve Sarkisian has agreed to become the Atlanta Falcons' offensive coordinator, the team announced on Tuesday.
    Sarkisian will replace Kyle Shanahan, who was named the San Francisco 49ers' head coach on Monday.

Sarkisian was recently promoted to offensive coordinator for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Lane Kiffin, who was Alabama's offensive coordinator during the regular season, left the school to become Florida Atlantic's new head coach.
    Sarkisian, who is the former coach of USC, called Alabama's offensive plays in the College Football Playoff championship game loss to Clemson.

Sarkisian was fired by USC in October 2015, after athletic director Pat Haden said he showed up to school in no condition to lead practice following an embarrassing public display earlier at a pep rally where he appeared to be intoxicated while giving a speech.
    He later sought treatment for alcoholism and sued USC alleging the school breached his contract and discriminated against him on the basis of a disability.
    Sarkisian was Washington's head coach from 2009-13. He went 12-6 at USC and 34-29 at Washington, which had won just 12 games during the previous five seasons before his arrival. He was also offensive coordinator at USC in 2007-08.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: Here or the pro football forum

Ugh I saw that earlier. Wonder where Bama looks now.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Master Gunnery Sergeant IBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forums IBCW's Avatar

No worries, Coach Saban will bring in a quality play caller that knows how to run the damn ball.

Gunnery Sergeant dnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forums dnmuga93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Ugh I saw that earlier. Wonder where Bama looks now.
    Neuheisel seems to be the hot name as of now. Frankly, Bama could do a lot worse...

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnmuga93 View Post
    Neuheisel seems to be the hot name as of now. Frankly, Bama could do a lot worse...
    Not a fan. His demeanor is kind of soft, and he always just rubbed me the wrong way. But he is a very good offensive mind.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Lance Corporal Spock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forums Spock's Avatar

My bet is Mark Helfrich is the next oc at Alabama
    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

Staff Sergeant rstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forums rstew3's Avatar

Helfrich is out there, but I don't think it would be a good fit. Saban will look to someone that has similar philosophy (Pro Style) with an ability to throw in some creativity from the base packages. That's why he got Kiffin, and I expect a similar hire.
    TENNESSEE 38 - FLORIDA 28

Lance Corporal Spock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forums Spock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rstew3 View Post
    Helfrich is out there, but I don't think it would be a good fit. Saban will look to someone that has similar philosophy (Pro Style) with an ability to throw in some creativity from the base packages. That's why he got Kiffin, and I expect a similar hire.
    Alabama ran the single wing with Hurts. What planet do you live on?
    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

Staff Sergeant rstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forums rstew3's Avatar

You and I have different definitions of single wing. I agree some plays may have had a single-wing type look and feel, but that's what I meant about Kiffin throwing in some creativity.

My definition of a single wing offense would be a offensive base set where most plays are designed run plays and where you can have multiple backs in the set behind the line including the QB. RB, HB, TE, etc.., direct snapping to the one that is going to run, with the others including the QB on some plays, being blockers. What Kiffin ran may have looked like a single wing formation, but I would consider it more of a read-option out of a shotgun set with the TE playing a step behind the line in some formations. I don't recall ever seeing any designed plays where Hurst was a blocker.

Long story short, Kiffen took the talent that he had to work with, and got creative with plays that suited the skillset, but he still had a base formation that he worked out of, and I don't believe that was the single wing. In addition, Kiffin did with Hurts exactly what he did with Crompton at TN, with Crompton not being near as mobile. Hurts did not have a good down the field passing game, so the passes were called to be quick easy throws that picked up small chunks of yards. Enough to keep the D honest. At the right times, either designed run plays from Hurts, or triple read-option plays were called allowing Hurts to break out. He just happened to show he was more lethal as a runner than passer, and those plays are what most people remember from him.

As much as Saban desired change, and for the most part let Kiffin add his wrinkles, I don't see Saban going to much further toward a HUNH, read-option type offense than that. I think it was painfully obvious when Saban wanted Kiffin to just run the damn ball with the power back he had.
    TENNESSEE 38 - FLORIDA 28

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Wow, one game has to be the shortest tenure in history.
    Deo Vidice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast