+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

Re: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

Churchill considered FDR one of his best friends. And I believe FDR felt the same.
    Read "An Army at Dawn, The War in North Africa 1942-1943."
    Go to the Casablanca conference with Roosevelt and Churchill. Two peas in a tornado.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Re: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

Churchill was a capitalist goon hated by most people just like Crooked Donald.

In contrast, the BBC’s refreshing documentary ‘When Britain said no’, saw historians make much more honest appraisals of Churchill. These appraisals were entirely in line with the picture being presented here. Firstly, professor John Charmley stated: “Churchill is not fighting a war against fascism”. In fact, a lot of Churchill’s views in the 1930s were rather sympathetic to fascism. He admired Mussolini. He admired Franco. And at least until 1938 he had said obliging things about Hitler as well. Indeed, Churchill had openly said he admired Hitler’s "patriotic achievements" and referred to him as an "indomitable champion", when writing in the Strand magazine in the 1930’s. He gushed over Mussolini to whom he said: “If I had been an Italian, I am sure I would have been entirely with you from the beginning to the end of your victorious struggle against the bestial appetites and passions of Leninism” (Gilbert, 1992).

In the same documentary Max Hastings challenged the false idea of Churchill as champion of democracy. He highlighted the simple fact that people of colour were entirely excluded from Churchill’s vision of freedom and human rights. This fact was displayed throughout his entire career, from the Bengal famine to boasting of killing three "savages " in the Sudan (Tharoor, 2015). Of Gandhi he said: “He ought to be lain bound and foot at the gates of Delhi, and be trampled on by an enormous elephant with the new viceroy seated on his back” (Toye, p.172). Furthermore in a speech to the West Essex Conservative Association he remarked: “It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer, now posing as a fakir…striding half-naked up the steps of the Vice-regal palace” (Toye 2010: p176). It is interesting to note that not once did Churchill speak so passionately or with such contempt regarding Hitler. Finally, Charmley summed him up as: “The equivalent of Nigel Farage, and we forget because of the myth…someone so far to the right that the next stop was Oswald Mosley and the blackshirts.”

http://www.lalkar.net/2017/12/church...-feet-of-clay/

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

Too tired to look up the quotes in my book. I suggest buying it. It is a good read about an Army that got it's ass kicked at the Kasserine Pass and then fought the Afrika Corps to the death when Patton took over.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234