+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should UGA go in a new direction?

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Should UGA go in a new direction?

Tough to be up 9 with two mins left and still lose, even though TAMU is known for frenetic comebacks. Four straiht turnovers late , within 2 minutes of the buzzer is somewhat on the coach. When UGA did get the ball inbounded, it was in the corner that lead to traps. The lack of adjustment was jarring especially with the clock stoppibg at 5.6.

I could see UGA letting him go, especially since he doesn't have a class of recruits to be worried about getting away should a change occur (a la Romar at Washington). I personally like Fox and hope they don't fire him. Outside of Hugh Durham hes their most successful coach, if you dont count Tubby for being there so short.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

The recruiting class certainly ain't bad by Georgia standards but it doesn't really matter when Fox is going to doghouse them and wreck their confidence. It might have worked with Kenny Gaines but it's gone inferno in his face with most of the freshman class from last year. I can understand one bust, but three busts is a pattern, and it's that restricting your young players failed horrendously this time.

He's started trying to reverse course since the SECT last year but the damage has already effectively been done.

Considering this season is pretty much done with barring a total miracle, he needs to start dedicating a ton of time to resurrecting his young players' confidence levels. If he fails to do it, he's done at best after next year.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Fox is pretty much a dead man walking at this point, IMO.

im not sure if UGA can get anyone better, and I'm also not sure it really matters because it's clear Fox isn't going to take UGA where they want to be - a consistent tourney team and every few years be a sweet 16 type team. If they really want to win, they'll hire Dick Stamsbury.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Lose because you can't break a simple press against Texas A&M...
    Lose to Alabama by 20....

Lose in OT at Rupp instead of by 20-30.

FOH Mark Fox. It's not even about this game, WHERE is your ability to MOTIVATE for a full season if THIS is in your team? I'm not fooled at all, Georgia will have at least 2-3 more lackluster losses, it's the same old song and dance and it honestly does not matter who is on the team, as this is the most talented roster since the early 00s.

Fox's harshness on young players broke most of a class (the one last year) and in all likelihood is going to put him out of a job either after this season or next season.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Corporal DawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgNBama has a great deal of respect on the forums

Georgia Re: Should UGA go in a new direction?

The reasonable part of me says yes, Fox should be let go, but the evil part of me says no, keep Fox until McGarrity is forced out. Hmm, decisions, decisions. If/when we do get rid of Fox, who do we hire to replace him? I'm not so sure that Stansbury is the answer or Dick Stamsbury,..

Do we bring back Harrick? Do we hire a Kentucky assistant? An SEC retread like Anthony Grant maybe? Maybe we could take a look at Chris Mack from over at Xavier, in Ohio. Who knows? I think we should honor Hugh Durham though by naming the floor for him. (Hey, Duke did it for their coach!!)

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

If I'm being honest with myself if I'm chris Mack - I'm not sure I would leave for UGA. It's in a worse or equal bball conference. Everything I've read says he replaces Pitino at Lewisville.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

That loss last night was another one that just hurt. The kids played hard as hell, and just made some mistakes at bad times. We are like 4 plays from having wins @UK, @UF, and @A&M

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Bump...

I know no Maten, but if we didn't already know it, this game effectively seals it regardless of a win or loss. Tourney or gone for Mark Fox next year like Clemson's head coach this year, or gone right after the season ends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123