+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "We feel forgotten"- The 1,300 Carrier employees who still are losing their job.

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Re: "We feel forgotten"- The 1,300 Carrier employees who still are losing their job.

Ok, this is what my grandfather would call ***** stupid. Would you rather all the jobs had gone to Mexico? You people are just incredible. Forget that 1100 families are going to have a good Christmas because they have a job. idiots. So Indiana payed 7 million to get a 16 million investment in the factory and future expansion. Yep, how terrible. I will say it again, idiots...
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

Re: "We feel forgotten"- The 1,300 Carrier employees who still are losing their job.

So Carrier gets exactly what it wants, and then still offshores more jobs than it keeps; and we are supposed to consider that a good thing? If I went to my boss right now and said "hey I need a four grand bonus or I'm taking another job" and then quit anyway as soon as I had the check in my hand he would be furious. But under your logic he just be happy that I kept working here one extra day until the check was printed.

The United States of America should NEVER try to lower the cost of doing business in order to attract manufacturing back from places like China and Mexico. Those countries have little to no regard for the health, safety, and wellbeing of their citizens. They don't care if you pay $1 per year. They don't care if you don't install the $14,000 ventilation system and slowly kill your employees with noxious fumes. They don't care if you dump toxic waste into your neighbors yard.

We will never, and I mean NEVER be able to lower the cost of manufacturing in the US enough to compete with South America and East Asia. In four years after complete Republican control I am confident that this will be proven out. We will make it cheaper to do business here, we will have less revenue because of it, and corporations will still be offshoring jobs just like Carrier still is.

The only workable solution is to make the cost of doing business in other countries more expensive. I've laid out my ideals already. And I made it clear that I'm not against lowering corporate taxes; but it has to be done in conjunction with installing tariffs to make the cost of manufacturing in other countries more expensive than the US.
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxvic View Post
    So Carrier gets exactly what it wants, and then still offshores more jobs than it keeps; and we are supposed to consider that a good thing? If I went to my boss right now and said "hey I need a four grand bonus or I'm taking another job" and then quit anyway as soon as I had the check in my hand he would be furious. But under your logic he just be happy that I kept working here one extra day until the check was printed.

The United States of America should NEVER try to lower the cost of doing business in order to attract manufacturing back from places like China and Mexico. Those countries have little to no regard for the health, safety, and wellbeing of their citizens. They don't care if you pay $1 per year. They don't care if you don't install the $14,000 ventilation system and slowly kill your employees with noxious fumes. They don't care if you dump toxic waste into your neighbors yard.

We will never, and I mean NEVER be able to lower the cost of manufacturing in the US enough to compete with South America and East Asia. In four years after complete Republican control I am confident that this will be proven out. We will make it cheaper to do business here, we will have less revenue because of it, and corporations will still be offshoring jobs just like Carrier still is.

The only workable solution is to make the cost of doing business in other countries more expensive. I've laid out my ideals already. And I made it clear that I'm not against lowering corporate taxes; but it has to be done in conjunction with installing tariffs to make the cost of manufacturing in other countries more expensive than the US.
    The only thing that can stop this is giving ownership and control of the economy to the workers. You have to abolish capitalist class relations. Rich people are never going to play nice. That is a liberal delusion.

https://store.counterpunch.org/kali-akuno-episode-60/

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Ok, this is what my grandfather would call ***** stupid. Would you rather all the jobs had gone to Mexico? You people are just incredible. Forget that 1100 families are going to have a good Christmas because they have a job. idiots. So Indiana payed 7 million to get a 16 million investment in the factory and future expansion. Yep, how terrible. I will say it again, idiots...
    I forget, were you in favor of saving the jobs of all those autoworkers in 2009? Or would you have preferred they have a ****ty Christmas? This sudden appreciation for a small number of union workers is exciting!!

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    I forget, were you in favor of saving the jobs of all those autoworkers in 2009? Or would you have preferred they have a ****ty Christmas? This sudden appreciation for a small number of union workers is exciting!!
    I believe that was asked and answered in one of your other threads. As I said there, you are comparing apples to oranges. My objections to the auto bailout had nothing to do with free trade or unions.
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

They both involve giveaways to the business and choosing winners and losers. I apologize if I missed your earlier response. I am just so surprised and happy that you find 800 union jobs so so important.

They both involve giveaways to the business and choosing winners and losers. I apologize if I missed your earlier response. I am just so surprised and happy that you find 800 union jobs so so important.
    No they did not, again, I would suggest you read my other response. The federal gov't did not step in to give billions of taxpayer dollars to carrier and force them to continue to develop some stupid electric car.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    No they did not, again, I would suggest you read my other response. The federal gov't did not step in to give billions of taxpayer dollars to carrier and force them to continue to develop some stupid electric car.
    A giveaway is a giveaway. The number of jobs saved by the auto bailout far exceeds the 800 saved by Pence's decision to do what he could have done a year ago - give away $7 million dollars of tax revenues

A giveaway is a giveaway. The number of jobs saved by the auto bailout far exceeds the 800 saved by Pence's decision to do what he could have done a year ago - give away $7 million dollars of tax revenues
    Nope, a giveaway is not a giveaway, but hey good try... Trump and Pence are playing 3D chess and you dems are playing checkers right now and it is killing you... You now what is most scary to you and the left, not that Trump will fail, but that he will succeed and expose liberalism for what it actually is...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast