+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Brandon Harris?

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

LSU A Brandon Harris?

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-it-to-be-true

A new Brandon Harris? LSU needs it to be true
    Jul 18, 2016
    Alex Scarborough
    ESPN Staff Writer

HOOVER, Ala. — One by one, LSU players tried to rewrite the story of Brandon Harris.

They started by chipping away at the premise. You know the one. It goes something like this: Harris as the No. 1 reason why LSU didn’t reach double digits in wins last year. His completion percentage, which ranked 101st among qualifying QBs, was too low. Six interceptions wasn’t bad, of course, but 13 touchdowns wasn’t nearly enough. He just couldn’t move the ball downfield, the offense struggled to feature anything more than the power running game and it nearly cost LSU coach Les Miles his job.

But at SEC media days last week, his teammates pushed back against the narrative. Center Ethan Pocic said that Harris “got the short end of the stick.” Star running back Leonard Fournette agreed, chalking it up to the way fans and media put losses at the feet of the head coach and the quarterback.

“But it takes all 11 of us,” Fournette said.

Did it look to you like Harris lost his confidence late in the year? After LSU started 7-0, his stats flatlined, beginning with an anemic 6-of-19 performance against Alabama. But if you ask close friend and LSU defensive back Tre’Davious White, there wasn’t anything mental at play. He’ll tell you that Harris never wavered, that “he wants that pressure.”

Pocic said the same thing: “He was the same quarterback that he was at the end of the season, the middle of the season, the beginning of the season -- a 7-0 quarterback. I feel like he got too much of the blame at points.”

LSU quarterback Brandon Harris' teammates say he has a new confidence and maturity as he enters his junior season. John David Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
    Looking at the big picture, coach Les Miles thought of Harris’ two years with 2,600 yards and 19 touchdowns as a “nice position to be in.” And that’s certainly one way of spinning it: The former blue-chip recruit isn’t a failure; he’s just getting started.

“Everybody asks me about Brandon,” Fournette said. “I think he’s going to do a marvelous job this year, guys.”

He added that, “I’m just ready to see the new Brandon Harris when Sept. 3 comes.”

But who is this new Brandon Harris and how is he different from the one we’ve gotten to know the last two seasons? Let his coach and teammates tell you.

Fournette, for his part, harped on a greater sense of confidence.

“He has that new swag to himself,” he said. “He’s talking the way I think a quarterback should talk.”

Pocic pointed toward the little things as a sign of a big Year 3 jump.

“As he’s grown, he’s more fluid in the huddle, on the line, with his progressions and everything,” he said. “He’s becoming more of a total quarterback.”

White, meanwhile, said he’s been impressed with the way he asks questions.

“The guy, he wants to be great,” he said. “I’ve never seen a quarterback — after 7-on-7s, he wants the DBs to stay extra. He wants to know what we think of when a receiver does this, when a quarterback looks this way, what are we thinking. So he asks questions from a defensive back’s perspective, and I think that’s going to pay off huge for him.

“He didn’t do that last year.”

During his opening remarks at media days, Miles spoke of a quarterback with more poise and more comfort in the offense. And then he started to describe Harris in a way that doesn’t come up often: ambitious.

“The more you accomplish, the more you want to accomplish,” Miles said. “The artistic piece of being a quarterback is the style of throw, and the style of throw is really where he's at. You know, 'Do I drive it? Do I put air on it? Where am I? What is this throw?' And there's where you want a quarterback to spend his time, and he is.”

In a new place of maturity, with a new confidence, with a new way of doing things; that’s the quarterback LSU players sold to reporters in Hoover, Alabama, last week.

Everyone wants to know: Has Harris changed?

Whether the stories are true and what they mean won’t be realized until the season opener against Wisconsin. Even then, after starting out so hot last season, we’ll have to wait and see.

But one thing is certain as the offseason comes to a close: The old Brandon Harris won't cut it. He needs to look like a new version of himself to make the most of Fournette, a solid offensive line and a talented group of receivers, including veteran Travin Dural and Preseason All-SEC pick Malachi Dupre.

For the Tigers to break through and win the SEC West for the first time since 2011, the total transformation of Harris is required.
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Re: A Brandon Harris?

I think that some of this is bullsh it. While Brandon didn't play as well in November of last year, LSU's line play was exposed by Alabama's line play last year. No one played well against Alabama. If Harris can morf into a bulldozing offensive lineman then that's the total transformation that he needs.

And Brandon Harris doesn't need a total transformation. He doesn't need to shed his Clark Kent suit and go into a phone booth and become Superman. He needs to play a little better in November where the success of LSU's season rests.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

LSU doesn't need Peyton Manning, if you guys can just get steady, consistent play from the QB who has nthe ability to throw down field, LSU will be tough to beat. LF7 plus Dural and Dupree, there is no lack of talent.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

Harris will have moments, but he will ultimately fall short of any title.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

trump is $#!+ Its wife is a Soviet w#0&

I hope that you're wrong about that Joe!

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

I hope I'm not. I enjoy seeing him fail.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

Quote Originally Posted by joehogjoe View Post
    I hope I'm not. I enjoy seeing him fail.
    Well, that just makes you a hater! LOL
    I will celebrate his success!

Quote Originally Posted by zud the hut View Post
    Well, that just makes you a hater! LOL
    I will celebrate his success!
    You're Supposed too. I hope Fournette does well except the week after Bama.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

Harris was a sophomore last year. people tend to forget that.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNekTiger View Post
    Harris was a sophomore last year. people tend to forget that.
    I mistake him for Jennings.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast