+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Atlanta trades Teheran

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: If Atlanta trades Teheran

Unrelated note, when might we see Kevin Maitan in the majors? Dude has LEGIT power as a 16-year old. If all goes according to plan and he signs with Atlanta, we lookin at five years? Seven?
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

I do agree that the Braves went too far and didn't even make any attempt to try to put together a competitive lineup. I mean, heck if you change two of their mistakes, it could really have made a big difference. Nick Markakis and Hector Olivera are who I'm talking about.

If you trade for Michael Saunders and Danny Valencia instead, they're much better bats. And if you jump on Ian Desmond as a prove it deal and it works out, all of a sudden, your hitting lineup looks quite good! And you don't have to shell out big deals at all.

You also let a 40 year old catcher the Braves seem to be in complete love with go, before this year.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

For that matter, to continue, I just don't get the idea that having a few retread veterans constantly start is really a good idea. Just go young. Get rid of Aybar, Pierzynski, and trade Markakis for whatever you can get.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg4life View Post
    I do agree that the Braves went too far and didn't even make any attempt to try to put together a competitive lineup. I mean, heck if you change two of their mistakes, it could really have made a big difference. Nick Markakis and Hector Olivera are who I'm talking about.

If you trade for Michael Saunders and Danny Valencia instead, they're much better bats. And if you jump on Ian Desmond as a prove it deal and it works out, all of a sudden, your hitting lineup looks quite good! And you don't have to shell out big deals at all.

You also let a 40 year old catcher the Braves seem to be in complete love with go, before this year.
    I agree 1,000% with both posts. Why in the world Atlanta didn't pursue Saunders is beyond me. There's no way trading Simmons or Miller couldn't have netted him. Its insane that Atlanta thought they wouldn't be an absolute embarrassment with Nick freaking Markakis as the clean up hitter. He isn't a bad option for the 6-hole or so, but clean up?!?!?!?!

And YES! If you are going to fire sale and go young, why the hell are AJ/Markakis/Francouer on the team? Jeff hasn't had a good season in a decade, AJ could be Julio's dad (althoh his tirade at Blair did seem to get the kid to throw strikes), amd Aybar has no business starting for any major league team. Atlanta has two of the top 100 SS in the farm system, one will have to play 3rd. So no need to keep him around, jus trade him for something and get a younger, cheaper player to stink up the place lol
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

So glad Columbia got a minor league team. Been rocking my '47 Brand Fireflies hat. Don't have to walk around in that embarrassment of a Braves hat anymore.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Atlanta is all but hopeless of any sort of successful season. Beats me as why they would keep Teheren around if they can get youth for him.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Atlanta is all but hopeless of any sort of successful season. Beats me as why they would keep Teheren around if they can get youth for him.

Because he's only 25 and is signed on a team friendly deal thru 2019. If the Braves dont try and contend for five seasons, they are (even more of) a joke and no self respecting fan should root for them.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Build around him, I agree. Getting out of last place ought to be a high priority.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12