+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will the REAL MVP please stand up?

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Re: Will the REAL MVP please stand up?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So why do so many from SoCal hate Lebron?
    Because he is a douche.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Because this is Lakers country, and they are unwilling to accept the emergence of a Superstar not named Kobe Bryant. With every new achievement, James closes the gap between himself and Bryant, so they root for failure. They'd rather point out the number of finals he's lost, equating that to "lack of greatness". Jerry West and Elgin Baylor each lost 8 NBA Finals. Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar each lost 4 (same as LeBron). What all those men have in common is that they were ALL Lakers.

If the GOAT is measured by NBA titles, then the obvious choice would be Michael Jordan
    A perfect 6-0 in the finals
    6-time NBA Finals MVP
    And in the finals, his teams never played a game 7
    There is a gap, but it is a gap with James in the lead. I posted a bit in the playoff thread that should clearly demonstrate it.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Look nobody likes MJ more than me. I will defend him to the end of time. However, the point that he was 6-0 in finals IMO seems as subjective as anything. Getting to 6 finals in a row is impressive which LeBron has done. Losing there is something MJ never tasted, but at the same time you have to take into account who you're playing against once you get to that final series. That's akin to the argument Spurs fans used to make about Duncan being undefeated in finals (pre 2013). Often times he wasn't getting to the finals, which enables you to maintain a pristine Finals record. The fact that LeBron and MJ kept getting to the finals means that you put yourself at risk to lose, especially when you're playing the Spurs, Warriors, and Mavericks.

I mean, to piggyback off someone else's argument, Robert Horry was 7-0 in finals wasn't he?
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Lance Corporal TrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrojanHorse has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Look nobody likes MJ more than me. I will defend him to the end of time. However, the point that he was 6-0 in finals IMO seems as subjective as anything. Getting to 6 finals in a row is impressive which LeBron has done. Losing there is something MJ never tasted, but at the same time you have to take into account who you're playing against once you get to that final series. That's akin to the argument Spurs fans used to make about Duncan being undefeated in finals (pre 2013). Often times he wasn't getting to the finals, which enables you to maintain a pristine Finals record. The fact that LeBron and MJ kept getting to the finals means that you put yourself at risk to lose, especially when you're playing the Spurs, Warriors, and Mavericks.

I mean, to piggyback off someone else's argument, Robert Horry was 7-0 in finals wasn't he?
    I'm probably just as big an MJ fan as you are, or more. I'm a Bulls fan, and MJ is the reason for it.

As for Robert Horry, he's a role player. Role players are interchangeable in the championship formula, just as Steve Kerr was in picking up his 5 rings. You can build a championship team WITH them, but you can't build a championship team AROUND them.

"Our greatest glory is not in falling, but in rising everytime we fall"
    ~Fight On

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

He's a role player. I would concur but again that's subjective terminology. All roles are not equal. Shaq and Kobe were role players too. Everybody has a role.
    As for Horry, three franchise built multiple titles with him.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123