12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • No

3 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Does Futbol deserve a stand alone forum

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

Re: Poll: Does Futbol deserve a stand alone forum

A lot of hoops players would be too tall to be successful at European Football. Talk about getting megged like a mudda!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarpill View Post
    If I remember correctly, Steve Nash wanted to play professional Football growing up, but he said he wasn't good enough at it. He didn't seem to have any troubles becoming an 8x NBA all-star or 2x NBA MVP. I mean, if we want to weigh facts more heavily than subjective opinion.
    How does that even remotely suggest soccer players are more athletic? There's no doubt it takes a very specific skill set, just like basketball or football, but Nash obviously had more talent in his hands than his feet. That anecdote alone does not change anything, only that Nash proved to be a better athlete in one sport as opposed to another.

Do you really believe Ronaldo or Messi could do what LeBron does? Or Kobe? Those guys are 6'5 or taller, run almost as fast as any soccer player outside of guys like Douglas Costa, Yedlin or Bale, yet have 40" vertical leaps and 7' wingspans.

Athleticism is running, jumping, lateral movement, etc.. Skill is a different set of abilities. There's no one saying soccer players aren't insanely skilled and great athletes, but I agree that NBA guys are the best athletes on the planet. For their size, its hard to fathom those guys being ablemto run and jumpo like they can.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Staff Sergeant SCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCBobo85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    Then it's a good thing no one cares about your opinion.
    Well, considering I have higher rep than you and you have been here a few years longer than me, I wouldn't go that far. I've posted 2000 times to your 20000+ as well. Good lord! and you're 24?! TexasFight...LOL...

Now, the grownups are talking.

I would suggest the group of athletes who averages running 7 miles over the course of a match, as opposed to the athletes who average 2.72 miles a game, on top of the physical skill it takes to compete in both sports, puts Football players over the top as the best athletes. Basketball...smh.

Watch the below videos objectively

This almost defies physics...

Versus

What's so exciting about the "OMFG DUNK" ?! Tall dude takes little ball and places it in a hole with a net forcefully. Meh.
    Arsenal till I die, Iím Arsenal till I die
    I know I am, Iím sure I am
    Iím Arsenal till i dieÖ

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

I don't think Kobe and Lebron could do what Messi, Neymar, and Ronaldo do either. You guys are off topic. European Football deserves its own MAJOR forum. This thread alone proves that. MFers coming out of the woodwork to chime in!

Staff Sergeant SCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCBobo85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    I don't think Kobe and Lebron could do what Messi, Neymar, and Ronaldo do either. You guys are off topic. European Football deserves its own MAJOR forum. This thread alone proves that. MFers coming out of the woodwork to chime in!
    The beautiful game is America's sport of the future, 'Stud! The energy is incredible. Plus, it is the last fully capitalistic sport in the world, unlike America's communist set up. Even a ****storm like the Cleveland Browns get their bite of Denver's Super Bowl apple, because it's just not fair for them not to, dang it! This is probably where the millennial participation trophy BS that is destroying our country came from.
    Arsenal till I die, Iím Arsenal till I die
    I know I am, Iím sure I am
    Iím Arsenal till i dieÖ

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    But can they do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ju0mAzCLeA
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

ďI spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.Ē ó W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by SCBobo85 View Post
    The beautiful game is America's sport of the future, 'Stud! The energy is incredible. Plus, it is the last fully capitalistic sport in the world, unlike America's communist set up. Even a ****storm like the Cleveland Browns get their bite of Denver's Super Bowl apple, because it's just not fair for them not to, dang it! This is probably where the millennial participation trophy BS that is destroying our country came from.
    I wouldn't go that far. America's version of it is pathetic. Europeans are the only footballers I'll watch. Night and day. Perhaps if America imported all Europeans to play for their clubs I could get behind it. Until then I'm an EPL guy. Looking forward to hopping over the pond next season for a game at Emirates Stadium. Would love to watch our beloved Gunners bend Bama Man's Blues over!

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

A-Not gonna happen Stubby, too much talent in London to be down two years in a row. Hazard is best player in EPL, a top 5 keeper in Courtious, tons of midfield talent like Willian, Fabregas, Pedro,Hazard, Matic, Obi, and strikers capable of finishing like Costa and Falcao. The defenders need to be updated, CB is a bad spot now with Ibra being horrible last year and Cahill being old. The edges are okay, Az and Raman, but up the middle has to be shored up. If Pep comes to Chelsea, watch out. And of course expect some big moves in transfer window.

B-NBA players run ~3 miles per game and have insane leaping skills and movement. There's no way a person the size of Messi could do what Russell Westbrook does butnif Russ was trained since youth to be a soccer player he could be best in the world. The NBA is full of insane athletes, how many 7' can run and jump like Durant? Imagine if he was a keeper, no one would score on him. Soccer players run a lot and have a lotmof skill, but I can't see how they can compete with NBA guys in sheer athleticism. And if you wanna belittle guys for dunking basketball, putting a tiny ball in a hoop, I could say soccer is men kicking a tiny ball in a gigantic net. Goes both ways.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

I just don't see 6'10" guys being able to compete in European Football vs. smaller, quicker, and more elusive players that run the league. Neymar would run circles around Lebron. I don't care how long he practices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123