+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Top NBA 100 players of all time

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Re: ESPN Top NBA 100 players of all time

Kobe not being in the top 10 makes this list a joke.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djshockley3 View Post
    Kobe not being in the top 10 makes this list a joke.
    Who would you take out? Bird, LeBron, Hakeem?

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    I think using titles as the be all end all is wrong (you did include other reasons, I know). I think you can make an argument for Duncan over Lebron without using titles. I will say with respect to titles, Duncan has had the good fortune of being coached by Pop. Not saying the Spurs wouldn't have won multiple without him, but probably not as many. Coaching is underrated when looking at titles, IMO. The Spurs are a model of consistency and that is in large part to both Duncan and Pop.
    Titles can be misleading; Dennis Johnson is not better than Oscar Robertson BC he has more titles, but when you are the star player in a dynasty compared to other star players, titles have too be included in a discussion. Duncan had Pop, but did not get to play in the East, which was basically a cakewalk for LeBron after Detroit and Boston faded away. The West has always been so much better, so winning from that gauntlet has to have more weight. Even tho TD is ten years older than LeBron, he is 2-1 in the NBA Finals against him, with one sweep and one Ray Allen shot away from being 3-0.

I have Duncan right near the top of any list. Him and Shaq deserved to be included in the Jordan/Magic/Kareem discussion.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

I don't necessairly disagree with you, I was simply saying you don't even need to get to titles to make your case.

That Cavs team that the Spurs beat was terrible - that was Lebron and a bunch of nobody's.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

I don't necessairly disagree with you, I was simply saying you don't even need to get to titles to make your case.

That Cavs team that the Spurs beat was terrible - that was Lebron and a bunch of nobody's.
    It was very bad, but it speaks to how weak the East was after the Pistons blew up and before the Celtics landed KG/Allen. That Cavs team was by dar the weakest team SA ever beat for a title, even the Knicks team in 99 was better, as was that Nets team. But most years, winning the West was basically winning a title as the second and third best teams usually were out West.

I always have my Duncan argument loaded and ready to go, I love throwing him out there lol.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Lebron should be under Kobe, and yes Hakeem would also be under him.

Same goes for Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Djshockley3 View Post
    Lebron should be under Kobe, and yes Hakeem would also be under him.

Same goes for Shaq.
    Do you put Kobe above Duncan?

Some relevant stats for those being discussed (carrer numbers for all time NBA):

Shaq (9)
    Hakeem (10)
    Lebron (13)
    Duncan (14)

Rebounds:
    Duncan (7)
    Hakeem (14)
    Shaq (15)
    Kobe (101)
    Lebron (102)

Assists:
    Lebron (18)
    Kobe (29)
    Duncan (92)
    Hakeem (191)
    Shaq (193)

Blocks:
    Hakeem (1)
    Duncan (5)
    Shaq (8)
    Lebron (138)
    Kobe (180)

Steals:
    Hakeem (8)
    Kobe (14)
    Lebron (25)
    Duncan (144)
    Shaq (*not in top 250)

PPG:
    Lebron (5)
    Kobe (11)
    Shaq (22)
    Hakeem (33)
    Duncan (78)

Championships
    Duncan (5)
    Kobe (5)
    Shaq (4)
    Hakeem (2)
    LeBron (2)

MVP:
    Lebron (4)
    Duncan (2)
    Hakeem (1)
    Kobe (1)
    Shaq (1)

Finals MVP
    Duncan (3)
    Shaq (3)
    Hakeem (2)
    Kobe (2)
    LeBron (2)

I know numbers only tell a part of the story and two of those five are complete careers while Kobe is in his swan song. Duncan might play forever, and LeBron probably at least another couple of years. The numbers aren't all of the relevant numbers either, but I tried to get a good mix. Hakeem was a hell of a all around player who is underrated if anything.

Super Admin BleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forums

Yep, Lebron wouldn't and shouldn't be in the top 10!

Super Admin BleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Do you put Kobe above Duncan?
    Yep! Only player I got above Kobe is Jordan. I watched both play in there prime. I grew up a Celtics fan, was a huge fan of Larry Bird. Seen a lot of great players through the years and just my opinion, Kobe is best all around player I've seen besides Jordan. Lebron is a very good player but I don't get the stardom that surrounds him. There are and have been much better players through the years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast