+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Non-Conference Games Thread

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

2015-2016 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Non-Conference Games Thread

First exhibition game is tonight against Ottawa out of Kansas. I'm excited to see us against somebody other than ourselves. We are first in the nation in one poll and second in the other. I doubt we look like that tonight, and I'm okay with that as long as effort is there. We don't want to be playing our best right now. Let's get there in February and March!

Go Big Blue. We can just keep this thread updated throughout the season, especially for the smaller level games. We have a lot of big name games like Duke, Kansas, UCLA, Louisville, and Ohio State that might deserve their own thread.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: 2015-2016 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Non-Conference Games Thread

Impressed with how good we look so far. This will be one of our best shooting teams potentially with all the guards we have. 3 of 4 from three, but we're not settling for threes. We are attacking first, and if the defense gives us a three, we are taking it. This team will be fun to watch. But, box out and do the work when the shot is going up. Lee has to be ready to catch the ball in the post also.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

A lot to be encouraged by:

-The team is unselfish (almost to a fault).

-The dribble drive offense is in full effect. I think the closest we ever got to running it was our 2011 Brandon Knight final four team. Guys like Murray, Mulder, etc. if they can just camp out on the wing, they will get the ball dished off to them off penetration.

-Skal's offensive game is solid; very versatile. He does need to get to the foul line more, and I think he will as we start to feature him more.

-Loved Briscoe's willingness to drive and drive and drive. He should never settle for a three on this level. He just gets to the rim. When guys started getting tired late, he seemed like he could still run for days.

-Free throw shooting can improve. Defense can improve. We got twisted on D at times.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

We have Albany tonight and NJIT tomorrow. Briscoe maynot go. Albany isn't big in theit starting lineup. They make their free throws and they made the NCAAT on a great three at the buzzer over stony brook. Hooley is a player.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Briscoe is out which is significant because he will get the other team in foul trouble with his ability to bulldoze his way to the rim. Ugh.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Top Dawg msudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsudawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Good first win...nice work UK!

Interested to see how we play one day after another game. NJIT is an upset minded team too, beating Michigan last year.

Skal shouldn't be too tired after only playing aggressively for just one half. Hopefully Briscoe gets a little run.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Cal is in mid-season form I hear:

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/11/13...l-jamal-murray

Now, i didnt watch the game so maybe KT knows more about how this escalated

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Not much to comment on. I read that article yesterday after the game. Murray either did or didn't say the cuss word. The only person that says he did is the ref. If the ref is blowing a T for something only he heard, it does seem kinda fishy to me. I don't expect anything different from Cal. First, he's a player's coach. He's going to have his players back. It will help with recruiting. Secondly, Cal can't decide if that ref is really going to be done. I'm not aware of what Cal uncovered after rewatching the tape.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Very satisfying win vs Duke. Cal's first ever against Duke. You can tell those two coaches don't like each other all that much. I'm just glad we have Cal on our side. Cal essentially recruited every player that Duke played, and told Coach K tonight, "I'll still beat you." This gives us the best win of anybody so far this season, because Duke is the best team with a loss.

-Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray, and Isaiah Briscoe! Whew. Duke definitely had the better big men, but we had the better guards, and this game was proof for those that say you win with guards. Our guards controlled the game off the bounce. Ulis got into the paint at will thru sheer quickness, slick ballhandling, and craftiness, unlike Andrew Harrison who was just more brute, in a Briscoe way. The three by Murray after Lee and Skal fouled out was basically what broke the game open. At that point, Duke still had 5 minutes left and wasn't out of it, Murray effectively ended that.

-Cal will have the attention of the bigs now. They completely got outplayed. I almost think we should not try as much to block shots and be more solid to get rebounds. If both bigs are gong for blocks, nobody is blocking out anybody and you're leaving everything open for an offensive putback.

-I don't know how UK basically only trailed for 5 seconds and was up double digits basically most of the second half, given how Duke was hitting timely threes and getting putbacks. Plumlee and Jefferson had to both have 15 rebounds I'd imagine. The great thing is these are all correctable mistakes.

-Loved the Poythress dunk. Hopefully that two points increases his confidence leaps and bounds.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast