+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Chicago Cubs

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: 2015 Chicago Cubs

His point about Bartman stands tho, he was far from the only person reaching for the ball (go re-watch Catching Hell, it shows angles of other people trying to catch the ball).

And it was not a 100% guarantee Alou catches that ball.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

I don't really care about all of that, but you're right. He has a point. I just relish every opportunity to point out that Storm is a bandwagon fan.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisDawg63 View Post
    You're saying Alou was never in good range to catch this ball?? Whatever!! Alou wouldn't go for it if it was 2-3 rows into the crowd. Hell all teams storm the field in most cases regardless what series it may be. DAMN....disgruntled Cards fan here??

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Did I say anything about Alou? I said there were multiple people trying to get their hands on the ball

you can see a whole wave of people making an attempt for the ball. Like I said, Bartman was just the guy closest to the ball.

Also, if memory serves, that was game 6. All they had to do was win Game 7. But I guess it's easier to blame the fan.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL5 AC View Post
    I don't really care about all of that, but you're right. He has a point. I just relish every opportunity to point out that Storm is a bandwagon fan.
    Because everybody jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon with me in the 90's.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Did I say anything about Alou? I said there were multiple people trying to get their hands on the ball

you can see a whole wave of people making an attempt for the ball. Like I said, Bartman was just the guy closest to the ball.

Also, if memory serves, that was game 6. All they had to do was win Game 7. But I guess it's easier to blame the fan.
    That did happen in game 6. Yeah, Bartman was the lucky one to get it, but if ALL THEM FANS leave it for Alou to attempt and make catch/out, then it was likely they,win out that NLCS in 2003. Maybe by not playing that great in game 7, it was the wake-up call to fans saying "Let us make OUR PLAYS and keep your asses on the damn seats til ball is out of play".
    I'm sure you were sitting on your hands when the Red Sox completed their epic comeback against the Yankees to advance to the World Series. It wasn't the World Series, right? Why bother getting excited about it?

That's if you were even a Red Sox fan back then. You were probably a Yankees fan at the time. Maybe it was the Cardinals? That would explain your aversion to the Cubbies.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

What's funny is Alex Gonzales gets absolutely NO BLAME AT ALL for booting an easy grounder that gives the Cubs a double play and ends that inning.

Gonzo is at fault for losing that game, not Bartman.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

0-2 in the series.....Let's hope for turning things around tonight! GO CUBBIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    What's funny is Alex Gonzales gets absolutely NO BLAME AT ALL for booting an easy grounder that gives the Cubs a double play and ends that inning.

Gonzo is at fault for losing that game, not Bartman.
    Amen to that

I'm sure you were sitting on your hands when the Red Sox completed their epic comeback against the Yankees to advance to the World Series. It wasn't the World Series, right? Why bother getting excited about it?

That's if you were even a Red Sox fan back then. You were probably a Yankees fan at the time. Maybe it was the Cardinals? That would explain your aversion to the Cubbies.
    Could this be the Cubs turn to come back from being down 0-3? It's all right there for the taking. Theo Epstein and all......Good luck to them. It's only happened one time in history.

Ya'll hear that? It's the sound of a million Cubs bandwagoners jumping ship. Hope they enjoyed that Divisional Field Storm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast