+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Chicago Cubs

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

2015 Chicago Cubs

Reverse the Curse!! GM Joe Maddon said when accepting the job......"Cubs will be in World Series" ....yeah they're not there quite yet, but who can actually accomplish this elite honor in year 1 after 70 yrs (Cubs lost in 1945 WS). 2003 was an awesome season which took them to NLCS vs Florida Marlins (at that time). Unfortunately, they fell short, in large part to having a fan catching a ball in bleachers, thereby not allowing Moses Alou to make the play and getting the 3rd out and drowned all Cubs spirits of ending the curse then. 2015 has been A SEASON TO BELIEVE!!

Game 1 and 2 in NY vs Mets @ 7:30 Eastern.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Re: 2015 Chicago Cubs

Yeah because Alex Gonzalez booting a routine ground ball had nothing to do with them losing that game....lol

How much credit goes to Maddon and how much goes to the front office for drafting as many of those young guys they are playing?

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

How much credit goes to Maddon and how much goes to the front office for drafting as many of those young guys they are playing?
    Pretty evenly split there.
    I'm glad it's the Mets. And they're going to be a bit tired, I think. Can't wait 'til next week and they play at Wrigley in the snow.
    "The people should have as little to do as may be about the government. They lack information and are constantly liable to be misled."

U.S. Rep Roger Sherman

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

I wonder what ole' Steve Bartman is up to these days. Always felt bad for the guy.. legitimately had to fear for his life for quite awhile I'm sure. Cubs fans are the worst.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCgamecock2988 View Post
    I wonder what ole' Steve Bartman is up to these days. Always felt bad for the guy.. legitimately had to fear for his life for quite awhile I'm sure. Cubs fans are the worst.
    Not that I condone what threats were done toward Bartman, but a Team was. DENIED the right to play for a championship. Cubs fans are no worse than any other MLB teams fans.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

whatever. There were several fans reaching for that ball that Alou couldn't catch. Bartman just happened to be the closest one to it. That poor guy had to uproot his life and move to Florida to get away from Chicago. That's just sad. Almost as sad as watching this Cubs team storm the field after winning a series that only got them 8 wins closer to winning a World Series. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought they won it all the other night when they beat the Cards.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

and the Cubs success is all due to Theo Epstein. That dude is a genius.

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Really hope they win it all. This is the most interested I have been in baseball in like 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    whatever. There were several fans reaching for that ball that Alou couldn't catch. Bartman just happened to be the closest one to it. That poor guy had to uproot his life and move to Florida to get away from Chicago. That's just sad. Almost as sad as watching this Cubs team storm the field after winning a series that only got them 8 wins closer to winning a World Series. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought they won it all the other night when they beat the Cards.
    You're saying Alou was never in good range to catch this ball?? Whatever!! Alou wouldn't go for it if it was 2-3 rows into the crowd. Hell all teams storm the field in most cases regardless what series it may be. DAMN....disgruntled Cards fan here??

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'm sure you were sitting on your hands when the Red Sox completed their epic comeback against the Yankees to advance to the World Series. It wasn't the World Series, right? Why bother getting excited about it?

That's if you were even a Red Sox fan back then. You were probably a Yankees fan at the time. Maybe it was the Cardinals? That would explain your aversion to the Cubbies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast