+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For degenerate gamblers only

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

For degenerate gamblers only

Auburn
    Only once in the past seven seasons has Auburn's final ATS record been within two games of .500. If it's felt like the Tigers have been one of the most volatile programs in the country the past several years, that's because they have been, posting ATS marks of 2-9, 6-7, 10-4, 5-8, 4-8, 12-2 and 2014's 4-9. Vegas has been slow to catch up to how strong or how poor the Tigers have been for a while now; will that continue this fall?

Malzan started 23-4 as a head coach, then went 2-9.
    Auburn is 9-4 the past 10 years as a home underdog. It doesn't happen often, but with Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama all coming to Jordan-Hare Stadium, the Tigers could be a home 'dog on at least a couple of occasions in 2015.

For funsies, an against-the-spread pick we'll make right here and now: In the five seasons Malzahn has spent at Auburn as either head coach or offensive coordinator, four times the Tigers have had a cupcake game scheduled either immediately before or in the middle of the Georgia-Alabama double. ATS record: 0-4, with that ATS loss coming by an average of nearly 13 points. And hey, whaddya know, there's potentially underrated Idaho -- who went 8-3 ATS in 2014 despite only going 1-10 straight-up -- sandwiched right there between the Bulldogs and Tide. The pick: Idaho to cover against Auburn.

UGA

1. Since 2011, Georgia is 15-7-1 as a favorite of 10 points or less. If your sense of recent Bulldogs teams is that they show up when they expect to get a challenge and get sloppy when they expect to breeze, that's not entirely wrong. (Also worth noting: five of those seven losses came in 2013, several after the Bulldogs' roster had been wrecked by injuries.)

2. Since 2006, Georgia is 6-3 against Auburn. And one of those losses had been a surefire cover until a certain Tigers' prayer was answered. Whether facing Tommy Tuberville, Gene Chizik or even Gus Malzahn, Mark Richt has mostly had the answers in the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.

3. Since 2011, Georgia is 7-3-2 off a straight-up loss. Richt has done particularly good work the past two seasons in this department, going 5-1-1.

Against the Number's projections set Georgia's win total at 9 even with the under juiced; the firm pick here would be the over.

The pick is Georgia to cover over the Gamecocks.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sergeant ALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: For degenerate gamblers only

If UGA beats Bama, Underdog Lock of the Year is ut and the points with UGA at ut the following week. Probably wins straight up.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    If UGA beats Bama, Underdog Lock of the Year is ut and the points with UGA at ut the following week. Probably wins straight up.
    Totally agree.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sergeant ALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Has been happening forever after a team plays Bama. Especially if they win at home and then go on the road.

Best example. 1991. Last time UF played an OOC game outside the State of Florida. Beat Bama, who would go 11-1, THIRTY FIVE to NOTHING! Go to Syracuse the next week and lose 38-21!

That was in September 1991. UF loses the next week. It would be two years and two months, in November 1993, before Bama would lose again. After 35-0 who woulda thunk it?

Edit: My brother and I were in Tuscaloosa for the Bama game the following week and when the UF-Syracuse score was announced we were both wondering why we didn't have our houses bet on Syracuse. It was not the first time that had happened.
    Last edited by ALA2262; 07-08-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

I don't think Idaho is even in the same ballpark as Auburn. I'll take Auburn to cover that one. That game could easily go 55-7 Auburn's way. As always, Gus will not let off the gas until the final gun sounds. That's just the way he does it. One thing I think we will get, is a good gauge on how strong Auburn really is or isn't. If the Falcon Warriors are a legit top 3 team as billed, they should crush Idaho. If that game is any where even close to being close, you can best believe Auburn is over rated.

I do like UGA to cover over SC.

McNeese State +39 at LSU appears to be an underdog lock when you see that they lost by just a TD at Nebraska in 2014. But digging further you see that Sam Houston State lost at LSU 56-0, beat McNeese State by 16 points, and played North Dakota State in the FCSNCG. Underdog lock or sucker bet?

McNeese State +39 at LSU appears to be an underdog lock when you see that they lost by just a TD at Nebraska in 2014. But digging further you see that Sam Houston State lost at LSU 56-0, beat McNeese State by 16 points, and played North Dakota State in the FCSNCG. Underdog lock or sucker bet?
    This is a tough one. I will pass.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    I don't think Idaho is even in the same ballpark as Auburn. I'll take Auburn to cover that one. That game could easily go 55-7 Auburn's way. As always, Gus will not let off the gas until the final gun sounds. That's just the way he does it. One thing I think we will get, is a good gauge on how strong Auburn really is or isn't. If the Falcon Warriors are a legit top 3 team as billed, they should crush Idaho. If that game is any where even close to being close, you can best believe Auburn is over rated.

I do like UGA to cover over SC.
    I like Idaho.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

17 total starters return, including QB Daniel Sams (Transfer from K-state) and RB Ryan Ross. 9 starters return on offense too. I would prob take that bet right now. New DC for LSU and Mcneese has a lot of returning pieces

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

+ Reply to Thread