+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MK down in LA

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: MK down in LA

This past weekend wasn't too exciting, but I mostly strolled around town. Saturday I went to the local library and checked a couple books out. I'm going to start making myself read again. My resolution for 2015 is to read 1 book per month. Right now I'm at 1.5 books for the year. I'd say I have a LITTLE catching up to do. Sunday I saw the new Avengers movie at the (only) theater in town. I enjoyed it. Hadn't seen the first one, any of the Iron Man movies, X-Men or anything previously. Would go back and see it again. Plus, for $5 on a rainy afternoon, I'll take it. I also baked an all natural red velvet cake! No red food coloring or beet juice. How is it red then, right? Well, the acidity of the cocoa powder and buttermilk give a red tinge. It's not apparent from a distance, but if one looks close or in the light, it can be viewed.

I really wanted to go hiking this weekend, but the weather forecasted threats of severe weather. Fortunately, no serious storms really hit. I didn't feel like taking a chance. Maybe this weekend or one later on. I'm off from work on Friday, so maybe I can sneak up to the state park.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I had my first ever crawfish experience last night! Went out with a buddy from work & his girlfriend. It took me a couple fish, but I got the hang of it. Faster than I had expected.

The irony was, he is a Yankee. So a Yankee taught another Yankee how to eat crawfish!

Over the last 6 weeks, I've tried very interesting foods I never thought I would eat - rabbit, deer/venison, boudin, crawfish, and duck. Being the foodie I am, I'm looking to add to that!

Last night went to a coworker's for a shrimp boil after work. A few other coworkers came & neighbors. I had a first time experience deheading & peeling raw shrimp. The only type of shrimp I had ever previous eaten was frozen shrimp. : ( Tremendous difference between the two.

I was teasing my coworker about seafood. Last weekend we went out for a crawfish boil. Last night's shrimp boil. I said, so what's next weekend? Crabs.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    I had my first ever crawfish experience last night! Went out with a buddy from work & his girlfriend. It took me a couple fish, but I got the hang of it. Faster than I had expected.

The irony was, he is a Yankee. So a Yankee taught another Yankee how to eat crawfish!
    Good times. The best thing about Louisiana is the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    Definitely right up there. The live music and entertainment is outstanding, too. I've got to plan a trip out to "corn dog land" & New Orleans. There is great nightlife there, so I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    You can say that again, JSHD. However, I don't think LA can touch Arkansas when it comes to pie.

My birthday is coming up soon and you can bet one of the meals will be fried catfish.

This one's for De. In the rental community in which I reside, there has to be at least 3-4 cars with Illinois plates. Makes me think of you when I see them.

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

Awww! Either their training at the company or escaping the need for pontoons.

Today I learned one of my coworkers went to the U of Arkansas. He has 112 acres in Mountain Home, AR he plans to use as a farm when he retires. I told him that I'd surely pay him a visit. The good news is he seemed pretty excited about that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast