+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Maryland

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: Maryland

The program was not in great shape before Turgeon arrived, and Maryland had struggled at times to land the elite DMV/Prince County recruits, Gary Williams won his national title and made another Final Four with no real NBA players on his team, just great college players like Juan Dixon (even tho I think Chris Wilcox played in the league for a while)

But Turgeon has been hitting the DMV hard and he is a great coach with great lineage, and he has a team that should be LEGIT next year. Returning Trimble, Layman, and adding in Diamond Stone and a great transfer.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Maryland might be the deepest team in the country (UNC and TAMU could make an argument tho) but all people ever talk about is Trimble, Layman, Stone, and Saulimon. Some talk about Carter too. But I'm not sure I'd leave Nickels off the list. He's their best shooter and has some size at 6'7. Dodd is back and they have the Cekovsky kid that has a decent ceiling. Plus there's a JUCO coming in that has respect. I think UNC and Maryland are the two top teams next year. Maryland isn't too sad the Under Armour connection fell thru on the Harrison twins (me either for that matter lol). They might not have Trimble if they had gotten our twins.

ked, why are you asking about Maryland? You think they got the goods. Who else besides them, UNC, and Kansas do you have at the top. (I'm excluding Duke and UK here because they always have the top two classes and will be in contention on paper).
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

You guys make great points as usual.

I think UMD is legit, too. They may have the players and coaching to get them to the Final Four in 2016. Turgeon took a big step in 2014-2015. He finally appears to have brought the Terps back to National attention. Its going to take more than just one excellent season. Whether they can stay there, I think so. As Bama_Man stated, recruiting the DMV area aggressively is paramount. When Turgeon did not, he was not super successful. Also maybe now he's got the players to listen to him and buy into his system. In his first 3 years, he had some guys who didn't do that. Terrell Stoglin, cough, cough! All it can take is one or two guys like that and the team can be pulled apart. But a greater control of the team, and demonstration of winning and national contention is solid evidence for the team to excel.

I dislike making preseason predictions because IMO its real difficult to tell how a team is going to fare. Too many variables for my liking. But if I had to guess, I'd say UMD finishes in the Top 10 in 2015-2016. Barring any real set backs, I'd expect them to make the Elite Eight.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

What's the style if their defense. To me that's a big question. Can they defend at an elite level? That to me is huge, because what kind of defense does the bigs play. Stone needs to be conditioned.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

With the W today over UMES, the Terps have won 36 consecutive home games against unranked teams. I call that fairly impressive. UMD is off to a strong start this year. Trimble is playing real well.

Maryland beat the snot out of tOSU yesterday, 100-65. Is Maryland really this good or tOSU really that bad?

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Little of both I think. Maryland lost to Michigan the other day. It's really tough to win on the road in the B1G

I think so, too, Storm. B1G is an extremely competitive league. It'll be interesting to see how much home court plays a role down the stretch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456