+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maryland

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Maryland

Again but how many top 10 wins do we have? Top 10 wins is what you were using earlier for teams like Duke, Wisconsin, etc.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

For as good as Maryland is, 3 out of their 5 losses have been 20 point blowouts. When they lose, the lose for realz......LOL

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Yeah, which part of what I was saying in that they went thru a rough stretch. Their cellar is really low. I'm not sure how high their ceiling is in a neutral site setting.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Yeah, which part of what I was saying in that they went thru a rough stretch. Their cellar is really low. I'm not sure how high their ceiling is in a neutral site setting.
    They beat a good Iowa State team on a neutral site, also beat Arizona State.

I agree their ceiling can be low, but they are capable of beating great teams, and beating good teams on a neutral court. We will know more after the B10 tournament.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

beating Arizona State is not something to brag about though...lol

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    beating Arizona State is not something to brag about though...lol
    Youre right, just saying that did beat a couple decent teams on neutral sites, including a very good Iowa State team.

In reality, how many teams have more than a few elite wins on a neutral site? Kentucky has the romp of Kansas neutral site, but no other good wins. Kansas beat Mich State (27) and UT (99). Villanova has beaten VCU (18) and Illinois (32), Duke has neutral site wins against Mich State (33), Temple (32), and Stanford (53), and Wisconsin beat Georgetown (24) and Oklahoma (16).

So its not as if all the elite teams have more neutral site wins over great teams, and Maryland beating Iowa State and Arizona State is very comparable with the other team's wins.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

problem is Maryland isnt jumping those other teams esp Duke since Duke has some of the best road wins of any team out there. Maryland is a solid team, just not a 1 seed and that is alright. They will be a tough 3 seed unless they beat Wisconsin to win the Big 10 tourney

The Mouth of the South GDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forums GDawg88's Avatar

I've always been a bit of a Maryland fan. They were a great foil to Duke in the late '90s and early 2000s. It was always fun to see them knock Ratface down a peg. Whereas Duke was the cheesy, up-its-own-butthole team, Maryland had the trillest ballers like Steve Francis and Juan Dixon. Awesome rivalry.

Anyway, that's apropos of nothing with regard to this year's edition of the Terps, but I've long had a soft spot for their program and am glad to see them killing it this year.

Blah...Duke got theirs back in the 2001 Final Four by beating them on the way to a title, and Maryland got scared and said we need to run to the Big 10.

I don't get the name calling, but I guess when you cant be as good as Coach K you have to resort to that stuff, same way when people try to crash on Coach Cal instead of understanding what kind of coaching job he has done....Oh well

The Mouth of the South GDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forums GDawg88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    Blah...Duke got theirs back in the 2001 Final Four by beating them on the way to a title, and Maryland got scared and said we need to run to the Big 10.

I don't get the name calling, but I guess when you cant be as good as Coach K you have to resort to that stuff, same way when people try to crash on Coach Cal instead of understanding what kind of coaching job he has done....Oh well
    One of my favorite games was from that same year when Duke came back from 10 down with one minute left to beat Maryland. I was more of a Maryland guy, but I had never seen a comeback like that and haven't since.

Duke also erased a huge deficit in the Final Four that year if I remember correctly. Just some classic games in that rivalry. It's hard to believe it was bigger than Duke-UNC for a brief moment in time, but it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast