+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maryland

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Yeah, Wisconsin should be one of the lower, if not the lowest 2-seed. You have a clump of about 10-12 teams that will fight for 2- and 3-seeds.

Wisconsin, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, Villanova, Utah, Northern Iowa, Arkansas could sneak into that line if they somehow beat UK, etc...

I would put the seeds as:
    #1 overall-UK
    second 1-seed-UVA
    third 1-seed-Duke/Gonzaga
    fourth 1-seed-Duke/Gonzaga

I would give 2-seeds to, as of right now, to:
    Villanova
    Kansas (although they could fall if Iowa State wins the conference)
    Iowa State
    Maryland
    Disagree. Wisconsin is an upper 2 seed if not a one seed. But, again, the weakest two seed doesn't even exist. They are not rated. The only thing rated amongst the seeds is the top 1 seed. It's all based off proximity with the top 4 seeds, which is stupid.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    Iowa State is not a 2 seed. Arizona has to be the 2 seed. Iowa State lost to baylor at home last night and doesnt really have the resume of Arizona. I just dont see Maryland jumping Wisonsin on the 2 line unless Maryland beats them to win the Big 10 tourney
    How? Arizona's resume is not great. Arizona did beat Gonzaga at home, but also has a bad loss @ UNLV. Arizona's only great wins are Gonzaga and Utah. Those are the only top ten RPI wins that they have as of this moment. Losing at Oregon State and at Arizona State are bad losses.

Iowa State, on the other hands, has wins over Kansas (RPI #2), Oklahoma State (#28), at West Virginia (#22), and at Oklahoma State (28). Baylor beat them twice sure, but Baylor is 11th in the realtimeRPI. Their only bad loss is at Texas Tech. Iowa State plays in the better conference with a shot to win it, and has more overall quality wins. They have more losses, but losing to Maryland, South Carolina (not a great loss), at Kansas and Oklahoma.

They have a chance to score a win over Oklahoma, a top 16 RPI team.

I just think their body of work is better than Arizona's because they play in arguably the best conference in the nation and has a chance to win it.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Disagree. Wisconsin is an upper 2 seed if not a one seed. But, again, the weakest two seed doesn't even exist. They are not rated. The only thing rated amongst the seeds is the top 1 seed. It's all based off proximity with the top 4 seeds, which is stupid.
    I dont see it KT. What are Wisconsin's best wins? They have no wins over the RPI Top 10 (0-2, losses to Duke and Maryland, who sits at #9) or the RPI Top 20. Their best win is Oklahoma on a neutral court (16), and Georgetown on neutral court (23). They have a bad loss at Rutgers.

Their record is impressive, but they have not beat one elite team all year.

On the other hand, Maryland has wins over #5 RPI Wisconsin and #12 Iowa State, better wins than Wisconsin has. Maryland has more losses, but not as bad losses as Wisconsin (at Rutgers is a terrible loss).
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Kaminsky being out against Rutgers means that really doesn't count. To me it's hard to put Duke as a #1 seed when Wisconsin will be a conference champion.
    I'll give you Villanova, but I think the only teams with a #1 basically locked down are UK and UVa. Gonzaga is close and if they win out should be as well. Then it's down to Wisconsin, Villanova, and Duke for the last. I'm not sure what the fascination is with Maryland, who had a rough stretch this season itself, worse than Wisconsin had. As you said, Wisconsin is 5 in RPI, which I don't know if its true or not because I don't ever look at RPI.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Kaminsky being out against Rutgers means that really doesn't count. To me it's hard to put Duke as a #1 seed when Wisconsin will be a conference champion.
    I'll give you Villanova, but I think the only teams with a #1 basically locked down are UK and UVa. Gonzaga is close and if they win out should be as well. Then it's down to Wisconsin, Villanova, and Duke for the last. I'm not sure what the fascination is with Maryland, who had a rough stretch this season itself, worse than Wisconsin had. As you said, Wisconsin is 5 in RPI, which I don't know if its true or not because I don't ever look at RPI.
    I use the site realtimeRPI, they are a pretty good site.

Well, Maryland lost to UVA without Wells, so should that be thrown out as well?

Duke beat Wisconsin head to head, I cant see how they deserve a 1-seed ahead of them when Duke has the better wins and does not have a loss as bad as Rutgers.

Duke's resume:
    (25-3, 12-3)

Top 10 RPI wins-2
    at Wisconsin (#6)
    at Virginia (better win than any team in the nation has) (#3)

Quality, Top 30 RPI wins-4
    vs. Michigan State (27)
    at Louisville (19, with Chris Jones)
    Notre Dame (29)
    North Carolina (17)

Total Top 50 wins: 9
    at Wisconsin (#6)
    Michigan State (27)
    Temple (33)
    at Louisville (19)
    Pitt (38)
    at St. John's (37)
    at Virginia (3)
    Notre Dame (29)
    North Carolina (17)

All their losses are tournament teams or teams on the bubble-at N.C. State (40), Miami (67), at Notre Dame (29)

Wisconsin:
    (25-3, 13-2)

Top 10 RPI wins:

Top 30 RPI wins-2
    vs. Georgetown (23)
    vs. Oklahoma (16)

Total Top 50 wins-5
    Boise State (41)
    vs. GT (23)
    vs. OU (16)
    Buffalo (42)
    Indiana (35)

So no wins over RPI Top 10, two over RPI Top 30, and five wins over RPI Top 50.
    Losses at Rutgers (157), Maryland (9), Duke (5)

Arizona:
    (24-3, 12-2)

RPI Top 10 wins-2
    Gonzaga (8)
    Utah (10)

RPI Top 30 wins-1
    vs. San Diego State (24)

RPI Top 50 wins-6
    vs. San Diego State (24)
    Gonzaga (8)
    Utah (10)
    at Oregon (39)
    Oregon (39)
    UCLA (45)

Losses at UNLV (101), at Oregon State (89), at Arizona State (82)

What does Wisconsin have to do? Win the Big Ten... they are about to Again, I don't see RPI to be useful but using what you've provided Wisconsin's RPI is great.

FWIW, RPI also said Kansas was the top team a few weeks ago over Kentucky. It's not the end-all, be-all.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

What does Wisconsin have to do? Win the Big Ten... they are about to Again, I don't see RPI to be useful but using what you've provided Wisconsin's RPI is great.

FWIW, RPI also said Kansas was the top team a few weeks ago over Kentucky. It's not the end-all, be-all.
    I agree its not the end-all be-all, but it is useful when trying to differentiate between teams in the 30-50 range.

I laughed so hard when Kansas was #1 RPI over Kentucky, who beat them by like 50 earlier in the season.

Does Wisconsin deserve a one seed ahead of UK, Duke, Gonzaga, or Virginia? All those teams have much better resumes and no bad losses.

Wisconsin is def. in the range for a 2-seed, but like I said there are like 10-12 teams that have reasonable arguments to be included in that debate.

We aren't debating teams in the 30-50 range though. We're talking about top 5 Wisconsin.

RPI is flawed. I bet UK one top 10 RPI win itself. Looking at that alone is going to give you a shortsighted view. Again, UK's resume wouldn't add up there itself.

I'm not sure why you'd leave Villanova out of that discussion too btw. To me, it's UK, UVA, Duke, Wisconsin, 'Nova, and Gonzaga for the one seeds. Arizona would likely be a solid two in a tier after those six.

We aren't debating teams in the 30-50 range though. We're talking about top 5 Wisconsin.

RPI is flawed. I bet UK one top 10 RPI win itself. Looking at that alone is going to give you a shortsighted view. Again, UK's resume wouldn't add up there itself.

I'm not sure why you'd leave Villanova out of that discussion too btw. To me, it's UK, UVA, Duke, Wisconsin, 'Nova, and Gonzaga for the one seeds. Arizona would likely be a solid two in a tier after those six.
    I dont see how Villanova or Wisconsin have an argument for a number one seed. Their team's and resumes do not match up with the other four teams.

UK has ten wins over the RPI Top 50, have no losses, five wins over top 30 RPI (six wins over RPI Top 31) and have the best win of any team RPI-wise beating #2 RPI Kansas by 90 points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast