+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maryland

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Maryland

No one talking about how good the Terps are? They just beat Wisconsin, and have a great resume. They are not a 1-seed, but they are in the running for any seed after that.

Dez Wells is killing teams, and Melo Trimble is one of the best freshman in the nation.

But a team with a national title should never rush the court.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Re: Maryland

Does anyone care? Legit question.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Nobody's talking about Maryland, because they're not an SEC team. lol

Let's talk about them though. They definitely had some addition by subtraction getting rid of those five players from last year. I think they were geeked last night. the crowd was electric and Turgeon was emotional on the sideline. Does Maryland bring that in a neutral site game in the third round against a 6 seed though?

As for how they play, I love how Maryland spaces you out and basically takes advantage of isolation situations. Wisconsin couldn't contain the dribble penetration of Melo Trimble or Dez Wells. However, a team like Virginia who's defense is historically good maybe would do better at containment.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Nobody's talking about Maryland, because they're not an SEC team. lol

Let's talk about them though. They definitely had some addition by subtraction getting rid of those five players from last year. I think they were geeked last night. the crowd was electric and Turgeon was emotional on the sideline. Does Maryland bring that in a neutral site game in the third round against a 6 seed though?

As for how they play, I love how Maryland spaces you out and basically takes advantage of isolation situations. Wisconsin couldn't contain the dribble penetration of Melo Trimble or Dez Wells. However, a team like Virginia who's defense is historically good maybe would do better at containment.
    That is a GREAT point and one that people gloss over too often. Just because a team can score a huge win at home does not mean that carries over to a tournament setting.

But in UM's case, they have neutral court wins against Iowa State for one, a top 10 team RPI-wise. So they can beat great teams, they lost to UVA by 7 or 9 points I cant remember but Dez Wells did not play.

I agree that bringing in five new guys made the difference for Turgeon and Maryland. Dez Wells is phenomenal off the dribble at creating his own shots while Trimble is awesome as driving in the lane, hitting open shoots and getting to the FT line.

I think Maryland is a team that not many teams want to see in their bracket come March, they still have an outside shot at winning the B10. They are the only team to win at Purdue this year as well IIRC
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Sure but I'd rather see them than Wisconsin, Duke, or Gonzaga.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

They also have been beaten solidly by teams like Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State. They should win out to finish the regular season. I am sure nobody wants them in their bracket with the way they play and they have 2 guards that can dominate you

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Sure but I'd rather see them than Wisconsin, Duke, or Gonzaga.
    Agreed on Duke/Gonzaga but not Wisconsin. I think teams like Maryland are more dangerous than a Wisconsin because they have two players that can take over games.

Wisconsin has Kaminsky and Dekker (terribly underrated), but I dunno I just feel like I would rather play Wisconsin than Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious
    They also have been beaten solidly by teams like Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State. They should win out to finish the regular season. I am sure nobody wants them in their bracket with the way they play and they have 2 guards that can dominate you
    But those are all tournament teams and those games were road games. I dont really hold losing @ Iowa or @ Indiana against them. But as you said, with those two guards, they are capable of beating any team on any day.

Perhaps you would, but I am Kentucky fan's perspective. Considering we beat them in the final four last year on a buzzer beater by Aaron Harrison, I think it's safe to say Wisconsin would be out for blood. Further, we can switch those screens that Maryladn sets and contain Trimble and Wells better than Wisconsin did.

End of the day the way the tourney is set up if Wisconsin is a 2 seed, they WILL be in UK's bracket. Look at the geography of it. The Cleveland regional is the closest for UK and Wisconsin and that matters more than UK deserving to play the weakest of the two seeds as the strongest one seed. So, if Wisconsin is a two seed, it'll be UK as their #1 seed. That rule sucks btw.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Yeah, Wisconsin should be one of the lower, if not the lowest 2-seed. You have a clump of about 10-12 teams that will fight for 2- and 3-seeds.

Wisconsin, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, Villanova, Utah, Northern Iowa, Arkansas could sneak into that line if they somehow beat UK, etc...

I would put the seeds as:
    #1 overall-UK
    second 1-seed-UVA
    third 1-seed-Duke/Gonzaga
    fourth 1-seed-Duke/Gonzaga

I would give 2-seeds to, as of right now, to:
    Villanova
    Kansas (although they could fall if Iowa State wins the conference)
    Iowa State
    Maryland

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Iowa State is not a 2 seed. Arizona has to be the 2 seed. Iowa State lost to baylor at home last night and doesnt really have the resume of Arizona. I just dont see Maryland jumping Wisonsin on the 2 line unless Maryland beats them to win the Big 10 tourney

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast