+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2014 - What's on your/your family's menu?

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Talking Thanksgiving 2014 - What's on your/your family's menu?

What is on your Thanksgiving menu this Thursday? Staying classic or traditional this year? Trying any new dishes or recipes?

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

Re: Thanksgiving 2014 - What's on your/your family's menu?

thanksgiving breakfast - bacon, biscuits, chocolate gravy

dinner - regular thanksgiving fare (this year i will only eat turkey, dressing and gravy, the other stuff is just filler)

supper - leftovers, and i hope there is a bunch!
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

We just had twins so for the first time in 20 years I ordered our dinner. There's a reasonably authentic southern place here that we're getting a smoked turkey, collard greens and yams from.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Thumbup Re: Thanksgiving 2014 - What's on your/your family's menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Subrookie View Post
    We just had twins so for the first time in 20 years I ordered our dinner. There's a reasonably authentic southern place here that we're getting a smoked turkey, collard greens and yams from.
    Congrats on the birth of twins, Subrookie. I imagine they are a handful(ls). Let us know how the food turns out. Sounds like your choice has a pretty darn good offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    thanksgiving breakfast - bacon, biscuits, chocolate gravy

dinner - regular thanksgiving fare (this year i will only eat turkey, dressing and gravy, the other stuff is just filler)

supper - leftovers, and i hope there is a bunch!
    Doing any of the cooking there, Bubba? By the way, sounds delish!

I'm spending the holiday with family as usual. This year we are breaking a tradition by not cooking a whole bird. We're going with turkey tenderloins instead. Mom is making her famous cranberry sauce, gravy and mashed potatoes. I'm baking southern style cornbread and a sweet potato casserole.

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subrookie View Post
    I just threw up a little. Nassy.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

i will not be cookin. my role is to sit and eat. this year my strategy will be different.

70% dressing/gravy 10% turkey/ham 10% pecan pie

i always over eat and think i can eat a little of everything. not this year. no filler for me. im going all in on 3 main dishes.

i like to go back for 2nds when everyone is still eating.... make a "later" plate and then make my 2nds plate. ill hide the "later" plate for later.
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

well because of Mom no one wants to do Thanksgiving this year so we're not doing a Turkey Dinner. So instead I'm going to grill two steaks, a filet and a ribeye. The filet is mine. We'll go to the movies and enjoy the day. slowly packing up the house and about to put it on the market. I shouldn't talk food, its making me hungry
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

I am the chef in the family since I grew up in a single parent house, i learned to cook real fast cause my dad worked 10+ hour days

My menu:

Ham
    Turkey
    I made a Pull-apart Stuffing flavored rolls, that are made with sausage and seasoned with onions, sage, celery, garlic and olive oil
    Sweet Potatoes (Home-grown too)
    Mashed Potatoes from scratch
    Assorted Vegetables
    Stuffing from scratch
    Making pecan and Pumpkin Pies for the family
    Green Bean Casserole

I have also installed a flat screen TV in the kitchen to watch football while I do this

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joehogjoe View Post
    I just threw up a little. Nassy.
    What's not to like about collard greens? I could eat that all day long.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Congrats Sub......awesome news.

I'm keeping it traditional this year:

Turkey
    Roast tenderloin

Mash Potato
    Sweet potato casserole
    Green Bean casserole
    Cheesy hashbrowns
    Stuffing

Mac n Cheese for the kids

Rolls rolls rolls

+ Reply to Thread