+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sec media picks

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Sec media picks

October 22, 2014
    Aaron Harrison tabbed SEC Player of the Year
    CatsIllustrated.com
    Talk about it in The House of Blue
    Kentucky sophomore guard Aaron Harrison was selected as the Southeastern Conference preaseason Player of the Year, and the Wildcats were predicted to win the SEC in a vote of media members, the league announced Wednesday.

Harrison was UK's only representative on the five-man preseason All-SEC team, along with Arkansas' Bobby Portis, Florida's Michael Frazier II, LSU's Jordan Mickey and Ole Miss' Jarvis Summers.

Four Wildcats -- Willie Cauley-Stein, Andrew Harrison, Alex Poythress and Karl-Anthony Towns -- were named to the media's All-SEC second team, along with Georgia's Charles Mann.

Kentucky received all 20 first-place votes in the preseason predictions. The media's complete predicted order of finish:

1. Kentucky (20) 280
    2. Florida 258
    3. Arkansas 226
    4. LSU 223
    5. Georgia 204
    6. Ole Miss 168
    7. Missouri 123
    8. Auburn 113
    9. Texas A&M 111
    10. Alabama 109
    11. Vanderbilt 89
    12. South Carolina 86
    13. Tennessee 75
    14. Mississippi State 35

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Re: Sec media picks

I am very surprised UGA is 5th.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

I would have them at 4 or tied for 3 with the Hogs.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joehogjoe View Post
    i would have them at 4 or tied for 3 with the hogs.
    why..?
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

Because your team was very good. I expect it to be better. They certainly play with great intensity.

Do you not like this team.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by joehogjoe View Post
    Because your team was very good. I expect it to be better. They certainly play with great intensity.

Do you not like this team.
    The guards are solid, but not great. No center, unless the freshman pans out. Good power forward. The best small forward was kicked off the team. They are well coached and play well as a team. I don't believe their talent is better than 7th in the SEC. Some bball gurus here probably have more insight than me on UGA.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

I am excited about UGA this season.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

We are going to be better. Maten is going to play major minutes. Thornton is healthy and killing it in the gym and doing things he has not been able to do. Lets not act like Brandon Morris was great or anything, he still left tons to be desired. Fox said he may play 3 guards at times this year. 5th is kind of where I assumed we would be slotted

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

If TAMU is 9th this league is going to be gone. Unless Cal goes undefeated, Coach Kennedy will be SEC COY. IMO, they are going to be scary good. No longer will they rely on a guy like Turner two years ago or even Jones last year to do the lion's share. They have what I would say is at least 7 starters. I look for them to be in that 4-6th range quite frankly. Is there a more coachable guy than Caruso. Robinson will stabilize the point guard situation. UK recruited Trocha-Morales. I like Kourtney Robertson inside also. If Danuel House gets eligible... watch out.

It's crazy to have 5 UK players on the All-SEC teams. I wonder if each guy will be able to stand out like that. In my best Cal voice, "I like our team." I would agree that Aaron Harrison is a fair pick for SEC POY. I've heard a lot about Jarvis Summers, and I'm not seeing it. Although, that Ole Miss team looks good, too. If the JUCO transfers and D-1 transfers are as good as advertised and people like Newby, Cortesia, Saiz continue to develop within the program, why can't they be in that 4th-6th range also.

I will say this also, if Bama and TAMU are in the bottom third of this league, I wonder if both of their coaches are let go. Kennedy has a stellar recruiting class coming, perhaps they'll have the best SEC recruiting class this year (which hasn't happened since Cal has been in this league), so does that save him?
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Djshockley3 View Post
    I am excited about UGA this season.
    You know, I would be too. However, people keep saying that UK doesn't have a real small forward. You could argue the same with UGA. Is Geno the guy at that position? COuld you play small with Frazier, Mann, Parker, or Gaines in the three small spots? I just think small forward is really the one position that is fluid. You don't have to have 3 to play that spot and win. YOu could play a 2 or a stretchy forward there and get away just fine. UConn didn't have a traditional 3 IMO last year, and we all saw what they did in the tourney (even if some of us wouldn't care to remember lol).
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast