+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats Lady Cocks!

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Re: Congrats Lady Cocks!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NESS View Post
    You can say you're tired of hearing about them beating UCONN, but the fact of the matter is it's women's basketball and that's really all anyone on the national scale gives a sh*t about with it.
    I'll be sure to go edit Mississippi State's Women's Basketball wikipedia page to add above the NCAA Tournament Runner-Up Line: "Wins against UConn: 1, 2017"

Staff Sergeant GoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forums GoDores's Avatar

Ending a 100+ game winning streak - longest in the history - is a big deal.

Who ended UCLA's winning streak back in the 70s? I bet most people would know Notre Dame did it. But I have absolutely no idea who won it all that year.

Moderator JRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forumsJRS has a great deal of respect on the forums JRS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoDores View Post
    Ending a 100+ game winning streak - longest in the history - is a big deal.

Who ended UCLA's winning streak back in the 70s? I bet most people would know Notre Dame did it. But I have absolutely no idea who won it all that year.
    And they got nothing from it but a couple of days of airtime.

Staff Sergeant GoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forums GoDores's Avatar

Let's not turn this into a straw man argument. Would I rather have a national championship or end the streak? Easy - national championship. But my point is that I think history will also remember that Miss. St. team also for taking down UConn.

Another question I've wondered about recently:

What is the #3 college sport in America - college baseball or women's basketball? I think America would maybe lean women's basketball as the 3rd most popular sport.

SC fans would be a decent group to answer because they have national titles in both now within a fairly recent time. Which one means more?

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Baseball. It's also way harder to win a title in college baseball than women's bball. When you become a good women's bball program you're set... not much parity.

Master Sergeant Wave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forums Wave&Dawgs's Avatar

Ultimately, I think the MSU-UConn game will far and away be the most remembered game by the casual fan 5-10 years down the line. I don't think there is really any debating that.

Having said that, USC definitely had our number this year and were more than deserving champs. It stung not to be able to finish the deal, but I just don't think our girls had anything left after beating UConn. You basically have to give two games worth of effort to beat those ladies.
    REBEL5 AC before Ole Miss' 30-7 loss to Vanderbilt:
    Quote Originally Posted by REBEL5 AC View Post
    No homer, I really think this is the game we just destroy.

I'm attending Tulane, but I'm still a bulldog at heart!

Dan Mullen OWNS the school up north!

41-27
    31-23
    31-3
    17-10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12