+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason Coaches Poll released

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: Preseason Coaches Poll released

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    Clemson should be #1 until they lose. Bama #2. The same way it ended.
    I don't like that way of thinking. This is a judge of the team this season, not last. Clemson lost too much to be considered #1 preseason. I wouldn't have Bama at 1, lost a lot on defense. I'd have FSU #1, with Bama, tOSU, Clemson, USC and Penn State in top five.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zud the hut View Post
    I'm not arguing that point. I'm saying that OSU is better than what most of us here say that they are.
    Most of us here don't like them. And tell the truth I don't really like them. But I am saying they are good whether I like them or not.
    They will be very good, but lost a ton of talent and Barrett cant throw enough to win big games. Penn State is best B10 team IMO.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    I don't like that way of thinking. This is a judge of the team this season, not last. Clemson lost too much to be considered #1 preseason. I wouldn't have Bama at 1, lost a lot on defense. I'd have FSU #1, with Bama, tOSU, Clemson, USC and Penn State in top five.
    I have always had the thought that if you finish #1, you should start #1. I said the same thing regarding Bama after they won their last NC...#1 until proven otherwise on the field. To have it just handed over to anyone other than the reigning national champ is heresy.

How do you term Clemson as reigning national champ when you bring them at #5 or whatever it may be? That's like a slap in the face.

Do I think Clemson wil finish #1. Nope. Not at all. But until they are beaten, they are the team to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    This isn't rocket science, Elroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    I have always had the thought that if you finish #1, you should start #1. I said the same thing regarding Bama after they won their last NC...#1 until proven otherwise on the field. To have it just handed over to anyone other than the reigning national champ is heresy.

How do you term Clemson as reigning national champ when you bring them at #5 or whatever it may be? That's like a slap in the face.

Do I think Clemson wil finish #1. Nope. Not at all. But until they are beaten, they are the team to beat.
    They were the team to beat last year. It's like rewarding a team for the last seasons accomplishments. I'm a firm believer that preseason polls should pick who should be the best this season, not who won year before. They're meaningless anyway, the cream always rises regardless of preseason ranks.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

I like the old days when there were no polls until October. That way you could get an idea of who is playing well without the pre-judged ideas based upon the year before.
    Go Dawgs!

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugabrad View Post
    I like the old days when there were no polls until October. That way you could get an idea of who is playing well without the pre-judged ideas based upon the year before.
    Exactly. Rep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12