+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tesla's new offering

Administrator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Tesla's new offering

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    How did the stock do today? Since you had your eye on it overnight. Did it lose a significant amount of its value?

Would you agree that Tesla has created jobs (they are the largest employer in Fremont)? That some of those jobs are in manufacturing? That Tesla has indirectly created jobs for other comapnies who provide it products and that all of these jobs are a benefit to the localities where they are located?
    I personally don't have their stock on my radar; the last time I watched it was until they bought SolarCity. I think his cars are cool, but I think it is rediculous to buy SolarCity when customers have to wait months for their cars and then you can't get them delivered on time.

Elon's delivery failure didn't just happen; anyone can deliver cool cars with a long lag time. His car business wont be profitable until he can deliver -- I wont pay premium for a stock unless they drive profits to me.

I'm glad he manufactures here -- I wish all of them would.
    Get this out of this thread. I can moderate if you don't want to. -- DiD
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

So did their stock lose a lot of value or not? I don't own their stock either. I don't own one of their cars.

I do find the complaint about them taking advantage of incentives States lavish them with tax breaks to be hypocritical, given how that is a typical government policy.

This thread started about a loan extended by the federal government. That loan was paid off early with interest.

Administrator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

So did their stock lose a lot of value or not? I don't own their stock either. I don't own one of their cars.

I do find the complaint about them taking advantage of incentives States lavish them with tax breaks to be hypocritical, given how that is a typical government policy.

This thread started about a loan extended by the federal government. That loan was paid off early with interest.
    Did it lose a lot of value?? What a question...

I was trying to walk away from the stock, but you don't allow that.

The current P/E is -35.90.

Diluted EPS is -6.32.

What value... other than negative, does the stock have?? I'll tell yall what... invest in my stock and I'll give you a much better deal: -4.00 EPS. It will be a wonderful deal...
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Are you serious? You are incredibly naive to think Tesla is anything but a huge drain on the economy and does not produce anything useful. So basically the US tax payers has subsidised the purchase of luxury and sports cars for the super rich. Tesla always has it hand out to the gov't. Elon Musk's real genius is being a good enough con man to have politicians give him billions of dollars in taxes, back in the day this would be called a snake-oil salesman.

The carrier deal was not corporate welfare, this is corporate welfare. This company would have gone out of business if not for having to received BILLIONS of dollars. There is a bad business model by any reasonable assessment. Tesla is not worried about getting cost reasonable, they have millions in subsidies. They worry about self driving cars. Where is the benefit to the US tax payer? Do we really need to subsidize luxury cars for family with an average income of 320k?
    Remember that good profits have been called "obscene" by liberals, while taxes and programs to redistribute wealth are delightful. Electric cars are both unprofitable and help to stop the global warming disaster. It is a leftist wet-dream worthy of massive taxpayer support.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    Did it lose a lot of value?? What a question...

I was trying to walk away from the stock, but you don't allow that.

The current P/E is -35.90.

Diluted EPS is -6.32.

What value... other than negative, does the stock have?? I'll tell yall what... invest in my stock and I'll give you a much better deal: -4.00 EPS. It will be a wonderful deal...
    LOL. You posted something about how their stock had lost a huge amount of value over night because they missed a delivery schedule. By the end of the day it closed higher than it had since August.The value of a stock is how much someone is willing to pay for it. Yesterday, folks were willing to pay more for it since August.

So your post was a fail and you can't admit it.

LOL. You posted something about how their stock had lost a huge amount of value over night because they missed a delivery schedule. By the end of the day it closed higher than it had since August.The value of a stock is how much someone is willing to pay for it. Yesterday, folks were willing to pay more for it since August.

So your post was a fail and you can't admit it.
    Somehow I missed this gem -- I don't want to be rude, so I'll respond:

Yes, the article was about the stock price dropping, but clearly you missed the boat. The P/E is - 50ish with 2017 projections at - 100ish -- does the stock price even matter at that point, except to say...

"Children -- let me show you your first lesson on what a terrible stock looks like..."??

My point is, that their cars are cool but they are clearly only solvent at the expense of poor investor judgement. In the O&G game there are strict rules requiring approaching investors due to associated risks -- the same should be required of buying Tesla.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

If I had a spare $80K, I would buy one.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

They have a smaller version that is not that much - starts at $35K, though if you get all the features, it likely going to cost you closer to $60K

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

They have a smaller version that is not that much - starts at $35K, though if you get all the features, it likely going to cost you closer to $60K
    What a boondoggle this Tesla and SpaceX crap has become... Imagine what could have really been accomplished if all the money that went into Tesla went into NASA. So all the resources used to shoot a car into space could have been used for real science and space exploration, not polluting the cosmos with an over price sports car. Bread and circus..
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast