+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Re: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    It was in response to the visit this summer.

Bibi came to DC and spoke in the well of Congress without letting Obama know and was extremely critical of him. Israel receives more money from the US than ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

I am glad you find it unacceptable NOW. I'll ask again, where were you when it happened to Obama?
    So he came to the US, just walked into Congress without being invited and began to speak? You do know that we have co-equal branches of gov't, I did not know Bibi needed the President's permission to accept an invitation from our congress.

The Parliament is not co-equal branches. The Prime Minister is the head of the leading party of the HoC. The head of that body invited POTUS for a state visit and speaker of the body pass an insulting resolution about POTUS.

You hatred of our President and country is sad. I would suspect anyone would take our country's side over a foreign power. I guess not everyone sees it that way. The left has become delusional and unhinged.
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Re: Trump personally asked for Winston Churchill’s bust to be returned to Oval Office

So he came to the US, just walked into Congress without being invited and began to speak?
    Boehner asked him. You would think that if a leader was planning on visiting DC and speaking in front of Congress that he would at least reach out to the president. I didn't say he needed Obama's permission, I said it was disrespectful to the President, and it was. You clearly have shifting standards.

You hatred of our President and country is sad. I would suspect anyone would take our country's side over a foreign power. I guess not everyone sees it that way. The left has become delusional and unhinged.
    You mean like you taking Biibi's side?

I didn't say I approved of the decision by the guy in Great Britain. My point is that there is a real rift, and the celebration over getting the bust back in the oval office is merely symbolism.

It is disturbing to me that our President seems incapable of diplomacy and these supporters see absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior to date.

Your claim that I hate the country is ****ing retarded.

Moderator ECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Boehner asked him. You would think that if a leader was planning on visiting DC and speaking in front of Congress that he would at least reach out to the president. I didn't say he needed Obama's permission, I said it was disrespectful to the President, and it was. You clearly have shifting standards.

Obama Won’t Meet With Israel’s Netanyahu During U.S. Visit
    Move to ‘Avoid Appearance’ of Influencing Israeli Election, White House Says

Jan. 22, 2015 1:13 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—Citing the need to remain neutral in the upcoming Israeli elections, the White House said President Barack Obama won’t meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits in March.

“As a matter of long-standing practice and principle, we do not see heads of state or candidates in close proximity to their elections, so as to avoid the appearance of influencing a democratic election in a foreign country,” said Bernadette Meehan, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/obama-w...sit-1421950429

It's obvious Obama had no desire to me with Netanyahu, so he used the upcoming election as an excuse not to meet.

You clearly have fake and false "standards"........just make it up and hope no one checks your false narrative..........

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Bibi was constantly disrespectful to Obama, and yall cheered him on. Now a guy in GB does something and conservative snowflakes get their feelings hurt.

But hey, the bust is back.

Moderator ECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Conserative snowflakes?.....LOLOL...is that the best you can do? No doubt you spent hours in originating that term......

The only ones around here with their feelings hurt are the ones promoting the propaganda that Netanyahu did not reach out to the President. That narrative is utterly and entirely false. Boehner invited Netanyahu...and he accepted...to speak to Congress...and Obama displayed his child like demeanor that appears when events are out of his control.

Bibi followed protocol and tradition to "reach out" to the President...various news sources prove your history revision to be false.....yet again.

What you not surprisingly also leave out is how Obama was doing all he could behind the scenes to have Netanyahu defeated in the Israeli election, including sending US taxpayer funds and some of his former campaign operatives to an organization in Israel working to defeat Bibi.

The final childish act towards Israel by Obama was at the UN in December.......his last flailing effort in a fitful child like temper tantrum while leaving American foreign policy in shambles.

Thank goodness we have the bust back:

President Donald Trump has canceled a trip to London to open the new U.S. Embassy, blaming the Obama administration for selling the old building in the city for "peanuts." He criticised the move from "perhaps the best-located and finest embassy," even though the relocation was initiated under the George W. Bush administration in 2008 and amid wider security concerns following terror attacks such as the 1998 embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. Trump's decision was greeted with relief by London's Mayor Sadiq Khan who said the president had "finally got the message" that he was not welcome in the British capital. The looming trip — and a state visit for which no date has been set — threatened to a security headache for authorities who feared mass protests. A recent poll commissioned by The Independent newspaper found 48 percent of British people believe the U.K. should withdraw the invitation for a full state visit, and more than 1.8 million people signed a petition to stop it going ahead. The new embassy, in a purpose-built site in London's regenerated Nine Elms district, was designed with security in mind. The existing facility, in Mayfair's Grosvenor Square, is not set back from the road and unsightly barricades were installed around the building after 9/11. Robert Tuttle, then ambassador, said of he decision to move: “We realized that the goal of a modern, secure and environmentally sustainable embassy could best be met by constructing a new facility.” Nine Elms is slated to become London's new embassy district but its location south of the River Thames is seen as less fashionable than Mayfair; Trump called the new site an "off location." He said on Twitter: "Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for 'peanuts,' only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal." An embassy statement said the cost of the new building had been entirely funded by the proceeds of the sale of other U.S. government properties in London and "not through appropriated funds."
    In 2015 Lydia Muniz, the director of the bureau of overseas building operations at the State Department, said that upgrading the existing embassy would have cost $550 million and still would not be as secure as the new site, according to the Associated Press. U.S. Ambassador Robert "Woody" Johnson said last month that the $1 billion building was designed to be both welcoming and secure and described it as a "bargain." The existing building has been sold to a Qatari-owned development firm which has proposed transforming it into a luxury hotel. Under the plans, the former embassy would be refurbished into a 137-room five-star hotel and spa, featuring five restaurants and six high-end shops. The value of the deal has not been released but the Canadian High Commission, a much smaller building also on Grosvenor Square, was sold in 2013 for almost $500 million, according to the AP. Khan said a Trump visit would "without doubt" be met my mass protests. 'Many Londoners have made it clear that Donald Trump is not welcome here while he is pursuing such a divisive agenda. it seems he's finally got the message," the mayor said. Trump and Khan have clashed before; in the hours after a deadly terrorst attack at London Bridge in 2017, the president tweeted that the mayor was "pathetic." Former opposition party leader Ed Miliband said the reason Trump had cancelled his trip was "because nobody wanted you to come. And you got the message." But Britain's Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson defended Trump, saying Khan and opposition Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn were putting the Washington-London relationship at risk. "The U.S. is the biggest single investor in the U.K. — yet Khan & Corbyn seem determined to put this crucial relationship at risk. We will not allow U.S.-U.K. relations to be endangered by some puffed up pompous popinjay in City Hall," Johnson tweeted. During her visit to Washington, D.C. a year ago, British Prime Minister Theresa May extended a reciprocal invitation to Trump, but activists immediately threatened to stage protests and lawmakers demanded that he should not be given the opportunity to address parliament. A government spokesman told NBC News that “an invitation for a state visit has been extended and accepted and there will be further details in due course.” More recently there has been speculation that Trump would be invited to Prince Harry's wedding to American actress Meghan Markle in May, although the royal is actually friends with Obama.
    British-U.S. relations reached a low at the end of last year, after
    May issued a rare rebuke of Trump
    for retweeting inflammatory anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant videos originally shared by a far-right U.K. political group.
    "grab em by the *****" is a wonderful diplomat - just ask any ole "****hole country."

Thank goodness we have the bust back:

"grab em by the *****" is a wonderful diplomat - just ask any ole "****hole country."
    Please remove this troll ****hole post, as it has nothing to do with the thread topic......the Churchill bust is not mentioned anywhere in this post which clearly makes it off topic......even a country boy could see it if he cared to look.

Start you own TDS threads if you want to post this nonsense......thanks in advance!

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really Big Bama Fan View Post
    If a British Lady offers her hand, it should be kissed, not shaken.
    e-chuckle

I read a book about the meetings and correspondance of Churchill, FDR, and Stalin. According to the book, in one meeting Stalin suggested the German ruling class be executed post war. FDR laughed and Churchill got extremely angry. The book claims Stalin was just joking but I suspect he wasn't.

The book also claims that FDR did not like Churchill or the British ruling class in general. Aid for them in WW2 was contingent on them giving up their empire.

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    e-chuckle

I read a book about the meetings and correspondance of Churchill, FDR, and Stalin. According to the book, in one meeting Stalin suggested the German ruling class be executed post war. FDR laughed and Churchill got extremely angry. The book claims Stalin was just joking but I suspect he wasn't.

The book also claims that FDR did not like Churchill or the British ruling class in general. Aid for them in WW2 was contingent on them giving up their empire.
    This seems all plausible, what was the book?
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast