+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National reviewer: "Ya got took."

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: National reviewer: "Ya got took."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    LOL. OK.

I am particularly impressed with your claims of Trump economic successes based on extremely thin evidence while you claim it is hysteria to want an independent investigation of Trump/Russia based on a lot of evidence.

That job creation last month was awesome...less than 100K. The wage growth in the first quarter was slower than it was in 2016 as whole (2.6%), what "appears" to be happening, isn't just a something you think might be happening. The HB1 visa issue is not going to help US employers and costs taxpayers money as we educate these folks only to send them away - the height of stupidity.

#Zousteria FTW!!
    Why in the hell would we train & create foreign wealth @ expense of qualified Americans? H1B program has merit... but has been abused "bigly".

In terms of economy/jobs... I want to clarify -- I'm not touting him as the "cat's meow" just yet -- he has a long way to go. And so does corporate America... BUT, do you take what look like pretty decent measures across the board AND account for TWO interest rate hikes in last 4 months??? I'm actually impressed... cuz when we raised rates in Dec 2015 it almost went doomsday...

The economy is FAR more confident today than last 8-10 years; I find the confidence refreshing... and truly hope it is grounded in reality. I see a lot of reasons for confidence -- Trump better follow-through...
    Get this out of this thread. I can moderate if you don't want to. -- DiD
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

The economy is FAR more confident today than last 8-10 years; I find the confidence refreshing... and truly hope it is grounded in reality. I see a lot of reasons for confidence -- Trump better follow-through...
    That is a very low bar - the Housing disaster was getting ready to happen 10 years ago (I was predicting it while most posters here said the economy was fine) or we were at the tail end of the great recession and a TON of rebuilding of the economy needed to take place.

Trump inherited an economy that has been steadily growing for years. The foundation of the economy is far more stable now. I suggest we credit Reagan - afterall he was to credit for the 1990's economic boom.

In any event, you either tout it as an accomplishment of Trump or you don't. I thought we had agreed that the President can have only a nominal affect on the economy, yet you are using the economy as one of Trump's big accomplishments. You can't have it both ways.
    TRUMP: Did you interfere?

PUTIN: No

Trump: Time to move forward

TRUMP: Were you born in US?

OBAMA: Yes

Trump: This requires five years of suspicion

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

LOL. This thread has been awesome.

Zou is able to create more accomplishments for Trump than he has actually accomplished.

EC talks about derangement infecting the democractic party and leftists, when the article in the OP was from the NATIONAL REVIEW, not exactly a leftist or democratic party outfit.

Meanwhile FM continues to show that he lives in an alternative reality.
    Whatever man, there is one common denominator of delusion between all three names you mention and its name starts with Dawg. Your insight is not superior and quite inferior when you are unwilling to acknowledge positives for Trump as well as negatives. You are not an honest broker.
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

How was your reading of Russia Today FM? lol

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

That is a very low bar - the Housing disaster was getting ready to happen 10 years ago (I was predicting it while most posters here said the economy was fine) or we were at the tail end of the great recession and a TON of rebuilding of the economy needed to take place.

Trump inherited an economy that has been steadily growing for years. The foundation of the economy is far more stable now. I suggest we credit Reagan - afterall he was to credit for the 1990's economic boom.

In any event, you either tout it as an accomplishment of Trump or you don't. I thought we had agreed that the President can have only a nominal affect on the economy, yet you are using the economy as one of Trump's big accomplishments. You can't have it both ways.
    I'm saying that business people are confident and that wasn't there before. And I'm saying this knowing that we should have already been going into recession -- I wasn't expecting to see this reaction... and even sent warnings on the board that I'm weary of it.

Ignore that if you want -- I don't care -- but you can't say that i'm wrong...
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    I'm saying that business people are confident and that wasn't there before. And I'm saying this knowing that we should have already been going into recession -- I wasn't expecting to see this reaction... and even sent warnings on the board that I'm weary of it.

Ignore that if you want -- I don't care -- but you can't say that i'm wrong...
    Why? The foundation of the economy is fairly solid. You have indicated the stock market is overvalued. But that doesn't mean we were headed to a recession. The confidence of the Fed has been growing for quite a while - raising interest rates before Trump became President.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Why? The foundation of the economy is fairly solid. You have indicated the stock market is overvalued. But that doesn't mean we were headed to a recession. The confidence of the Fed has been growing for quite a while - raising interest rates before Trump became President.
    You can't be serious. Last months job report was pitiful and economic growth has been weak for years now. The Fed pumped trillions into the financial sector i.e. free money for the rich. The stock market has little to do with the real economy.

I agree with you on the stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    You can't be serious. Last months job report was pitiful and economic growth has been weak for years now. The Fed pumped trillions into the financial sector i.e. free money for the rich. The stock market has little to do with the real economy.
    To be honest, I think you can even find statements of me questioning if we even left recession, or if it was a figment of our imagination. It's not like there is a ton of difference between a light recession & weak recovery.

Why are we overdue?

If we are convinced that the recovery indeed happened -- that QE + zero interest rate policy lead to actual growth and not debt financed accounting acrobatics -- then how about the simple fact that recessions occur ever ~ 7-8 years? Or how about the fact that in 2016 there were several leading indicators of contraction? Or... how about the trend of what I call "hidden inflation" -- prices in certain segrments shooting through the roof w/o being offset by increased wages -- that can only go on for so long before it forces contraction. Or... how about the Fed teetering on raising rates for years -- they HAVE to raise them or they are screwed for next recession -- but each time we thought it was going to happen the markets went into meltdown mode?

I can think of more... if history isn't enough. We are "overdue" and there were signs that it was in motion in 2015 + Q1/2 of 2016.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast