+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There is the Bama Bump and then there is the reverse Bama Bump on 247

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

There is the Bama Bump and then there is the reverse Bama Bump on 247

We all know about the Bama Bump.

Here is how the reverse Bama Bump works. In the past two cycles several 5 stars became 4 stars when they committed to UGA. This year, 247 has taken it to the next level in their latest reevaluation.

Cook - 42 spots lower than #31 composite.
    Jackson - 91 spots lower than #117 composite.
    Moore - 133 spots lower than #197 composite.
    Ericson - 114 spots lower than #270 composite.
    Smith - 65 spots lower than #294 composite.
    Fitzpatrick - 316 spots lower than #335 composite.
    Davis - 223 spots lower than #392 composite.
    Brule - 43 spots lower than #394 composite.
    Walthour - 77 spots lower than #592 composite.
    Wildgoose - 737 spots lower than #823 composite.
    Becton - 405 spots lower than the #1118 composite.
    Camarda - 887 spots lower than the #1616 composite.

Commits that 247 ranks basically near the Composite

White
    Fields
    Anderson (and still there is a 7 spot difference for Anderson - when we're talking the top 25 players, that's a pretty big difference from the industry.)
    Condon

Commits the 247 ranks higher than the composite

Ojulari (this is after the update when they dropped Ojulari 30-40 spots)
    Wyatt

Sense a trend here? Magically, Bama's commits got a boost, and now they have a top 10 class.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: There is the Bama Bump and then there is the reverse Bama Bump on 247

Remember Brenton Cox? He was a 4 star while being recruited by UGA, but once he committed to TOSU, he magically became a 5 star. Now that he's reconsidering UGA they are listing him as 4 star again. I think Ben Cleveland was a 5 star but dropped once he signed with UGA. James Cook was rated no lower than the 5th best RB for 2018 until he committed to UGA. Now 247 has rated Lawrence at the #1 player over Fields.

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

I just looked and they dropped Salyer also out of the top 10. So they are telling me a guy that is the best interior line prospect in at least 10 years is not a top 10 player? I even heard one scouting report that said Salyer had the tools to play in the NFL as a high school senior.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

I know that recruiting numbers mean something to the other recruits that are looking at a school. I understand it is a game within a game.

I personally care about how they play when they get to UGA. Whether you are a five star or a three star, doesn't matter till you perform on the field.

Don't get me wrong. I get excited about a high school player I think will do well at UGA. I just don't worry about the rating or rankings of an incoming class.

I cannot remember Swift's star rating but I am dang sure glad he chose UGA.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Sergeant planetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I know that recruiting numbers mean something to the other recruits that are looking at a school. I understand it is a game within a game.

I personally care about how they play when they get to UGA. Whether you are a five star or a three star, doesn't matter till you perform on the field.

Don't get me wrong. I get excited about a high school player I think will do well at UGA. I just don't worry about the rating or rankings of an incoming class.

I cannot remember Swift's star rating but I am dang sure glad he chose UGA.
    This! I can't believe how much energy is spent on this. If the coach of my team wants a player then I think that makes him a 5 star to my coach. Hopefully he is doing his own research.
    ...But the Tide Rolls on forever!

+ Reply to Thread