+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: All SEC National Championship Game - UGA vs Bama

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: All SEC National Championship Game - UGA vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    Are you sure you want to go? LOL
    Does a fat baby fart? I'll be DD. I've only ever watched 2 games of the Dawgs in person. One was Auburn back in 1997 or 1998 when UGA got stomped and the other was the G-Day game where I won tickets to sit in the box seats and got to listen to Rodney Garner talk to us. It was the year they started ranked #1.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Here is my amateurish take on the game.

QB - Big UGA advantage
    RB - Advantage UGA
    TE ? Ours block well, be don't throw to them
    WR - ? Ridley is great, but UGA has a QB who can deliver the ball
    O Line - Slight advantage UGA
    D Line - Advantage Bama
    LB - Push
    Secondary - Advantage Bama
    ST - Push
    Intangibles - Huge advantage Bama. Anyone watching the Sugar Bowl knew who was going to win after the 1st quarter. UGA played a 2 OT thriller, then had to fly back across the country and reset.

What I expect.

I think both teams will play press, single high. If one team gets the passing game going, we could see cover 2, man under. UGA needs to take advantage of Hurt's poor pre-snap reads. Bama cannot play off on Fromm. He is killer on the hitch route.

On offense, both teams will do what they do. I think Chaney trusts Fromm more than Daboll trusts Hurts. I think Bama's best option is to run right at UGA. UGA has more options, but that might not be enough.

What I think will happen.

If UGA can run the toss sweep effectively, it will set up the game plan. If that happens, UGA 24-17. If Bama stuffs it, Bama 31-10.

OK, y'all can laugh now.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    So......just got tickets via Sam Pittman! 43 yard line, 23 rows up....Lets Go!
    How in the world did you do that?

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post

QB - Big UGA advantage
    RB - Advantage UGA
    D Line - Advantage Bama
    LB - Push
    ST - Push
    Intangibles - Huge advantage Bama. Anyone watching the Sugar Bowl knew who was going to win after the 1st quarter. UGA played a 2 OT thriller, then had to fly back across the country and reset.

What I expect.

I think both teams will play press, single high. If one team gets the passing game going, we could see cover 2, man under. UGA needs to take advantage of Hurt's poor pre-snap reads. Bama cannot play off on Fromm. He is killer on the hitch route.

On offense, both teams will do what they do. I think Chaney trusts Fromm more than Daboll trusts Hurts. I think Bama's best option is to run right at UGA. UGA has more options, but that might not be enough.

If UGA can run the toss sweep effectively, it will set up the game plan. If that happens, UGA 24-17. If Bama stuffs it, Bama 31-10.

OK, y'all can laugh now.
    Good stuff Herchel. Hope we can handle it.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

I think the story offensively is simple, the "Plan B" game plan vs Auburn with a few deep balls mixed in to that. That means outside runs, including the toss sweep, but a few more other than just that.

If that fails I don't think Georgia has a Plan C to that however.

It won't take a monster game from Fromm IMO but it will take some other offensive heroes other than the normal ones. Hardman and Swift will likely need to step up again.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunkerDown View Post
    How in the world did you do that?
    One of my old coaching colleagues at Missouri St is boys with Pittman and made a call....lol. He also said to let UGA fans know that Pittman told him he is not leaving Athens anytime soon!

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

I think it will come down to what Fromm does in the pass game. Pocket passers have struggled against Saban's defense, but Kirby knows better than anyone how to attack and beat his defense. turnovers will be key. I dont expect UGA to average 18 yards per carry like the rose bowl...lol

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

QB - Big UGA advantage
    RB - Advantage UGA
    D Line - Advantage Bama
    LB - Push
    ST - Push

What I expect.

OK, y'all can laugh now.
    Hurts is playing terrible right now, but both QBs are still young. Fromm played out of this world on Monday, I jus don't think he can possibly be that good again while Hurts has to play better. His scrambling ability could be really big, but UGA is very fast.

Here's my take:
    The Bama OL is playing REALLY well right now. They shoved around the best DL in the nation, even losing Cotton, JC can play and I expect Bama to stick with Damien Harris more in the run game. He averaged over 8 ypc this season, he deserves 20 carries.
    Bama has so many talented WRs, it's a shame Hurts can't get them the ball. Talent wise Bama has better WRs but getting them the ball is very tough.

Bama losing Anfernee Jennings again hurts bad, so I'd say UGA has the advantage at LB by simple attrition. But I think Evans is just a tick behind Smith as the best LB in the game, he's very very good.
    Bama has a clear advantage inthe secondary but UGA has clear advantage on ST. Bama prob has better punter but UGA is better everywhere else.

I'm not sure Smart is as good as Saban is, but Nick won't simply outclass Smart. Kirby will be ready, and neither coach will be able to outcoach the other as much as both coaches did Monday. Smart humiliated Riley and Saban simply outclassed Dabo.

I'm excited. If it's a one possession game, UGA wins. Any more than seven, Bama wins.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Go Bama. Just because.... pretty sure it's obvious. Clemson and Georgia having National Titles within the last two years = I'll kill myself.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

It was a check from left to right.
    Yes, the play ran to the right but DinD was correct in that he repositioned Michel to his left when setting up the play. I assume that made it much easier for Sony to accelerate into that hole on the right.

BTW: I like your analysis of the upcoming game. My hope is that the Dawgs can come up with enough offense to break through that 'Bama defense.
    Go Dawgs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast