View Poll Results: Wii you boycott Target and TJ Maxx r/t transgender bathroom and dressing room issue

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will Boycott Target and TJ Maxx

6 42.86%
  • I will not Boycott Target and TJ Maxx

8 57.14%
  • I am undecided

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132

Thread: Target and TJ Maxx Boycott

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Re: Target and TJ Maxx Boycott

Bama_Man, this is from Target folks themselves, and while they explain what they believe to be part of the problem with their documented decline, it doesn't include anything about "losing in the online sales portion" as you have claimed to be Target's main negative issue. Maybe they need to hire you as CEO to get a clue on how to rise from the ashes.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tar...say-2017-05-17

Target’s earnings beat won’t do much to change investor opinion, analysts say

By Tonya Garcia
    Published: May 17, 2017 4:20 p.m. ET

The shift to digital is making investors bearish about all bricks-and-mortar retailers>
    from Bloomberg

Target said its digital sales were up 22% in the first quarter

Target Corp. reported better-than-expected first-quarter earnings on Wednesday, but Buckingham Research Group analysts are skeptical the retailer will succeed in changing negative investor sentiment.

Target TGT, +0.94% reported adjusted earnings per share of $1.21, beating the FactSet consensus of 91 cents. Sales, at $16.0 billion, were ahead of the FactSet forecast of $15.6 billion, though they were down from $16.2 billion last year. E-commerce sales climbed 22%.

Same-store sales were down 1.3%, which the company attributed to “small declines in both traffic and basket size.”

Target Chief Executive Brian Cornell said the retailer did better than expected despite “a very choppy environment.” But they’re “not doing any high-fives” since the quarterly results aren’t “what we expect to deliver over time.”

For investors, the concern is the much-discussed secular shift that’s happening in digital, according to Buckingham Research analysts.

“[T]he quarter is unlikely to sway the entrenched bearish view of most investors which hold that terrestrial retailers will continue to lose share to the online channel for the foreseeable future,” analyst John Zolidis wrote in a Thursday note. “We believe Target shares can start to earn a better multiple if the company can follow up the first quarter with sequentially improving trends, especially in traffic, over the balance of the year.”

Zolidis was encouraged by the stability of the business even if it’s under pressure; the fact that Target maintained its fiscal 2017 guidance for a low-single-digit decline in same-store sales; and improved balance sheet metrics.

He believes the company has a “legitimate strategy” in place, which includes introducing more private label brands and convenience perks, like the same-day delivery that’s being tested in a New York location. Target could pick up market share as other retailers close stores, he said, something Cornell discussed on a separate media call.

“We recognize over the next three years $45 billion to $60 billion in market share is up for grabs,” Cornell said.

Buckingham Research rates Target shares buy with a $71 price target.

Target is in the midst of a $7-billion multi-year transition that will include store redesigns.

“We invested nearly $500 million of capital in the first quarter and we’re on track to invest more than $2 billion this year,” Cornell said on the Thursday morning call, according to a FactSet transcript.

Target is number one in swim, according to Cornell, and the retailer is also benefiting from store closures and brand exits from that category, like the one from L Brands Inc.’s LB, +0.23% Victoria’s Secret label.

“Our team worked quickly to launch our new brand Shade & Shore, which has delivered strong results since the launch,” Cornell said.

Don’t miss: Every time this happens, Amazon crushes another legacy retailer

Later this month, Target will launch Cloud Island, a line of nursery décor, bedding, bath and other products.

Cornell also said the limited-time Victoria Beckham collection that sold this past quarter was “one of the single biggest partnerships in our history.”

Charlie O’Shea, Moody’s lead retail analyst, called the results “mixed,” but also found a number of positive points.

“Given the scope of this transition, year-over-year comparisons will be difficult, though we believe online sales growth and operating cash flow levels will be meaningful data points,” O’Shea said. “At present, Target’s strong balance sheet, excellent liquidity, and flexible financial policy regarding shareholder returns provide the company with sufficient credit support to execute its plan.”

Target shares are down 23.2% for the year so far while the S&P 500 index SPX, -1.82% is up 5.8% for the period.
    To get a real clue of how bad it really is for Target shareholders, click on the link and look at the comparative chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    This isn't rocket science, Elroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    DawginDallas is a devout republican. He is a prized doublenaut operative in the camp of the republicans.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Bama_Man, this is from Target folks themselves, and while they explain what they believe to be part of the problem with their documented decline, it doesn't include anything about "losing in the online sales portion" as you have claimed to be Target's main negative issue. Maybe they need to hire you as CEO to get a clue on how to rise from the ashes.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tar...say-2017-05-17

To get a real clue of how bad it really is for Target shareholders, click on the link and look at the comparative chart.
    What are you talking about? The first line talks about how investors view brick and mortar stores, which was a big point that I had made.

And it's funny, Target seems to be rebounding some, j thought the boycott killed them? That it wasn't their miniscule digital presence (at that time) or Wal Mart dominating brick n mortar while Amazon dominates online, it was their bathroom policy. Doesn't matter that Wall Street has shown time and again that social causes matter naught to them, only profit and how to maximize it.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

blush

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    What are you talking about? The first line talks about how investors view brick and mortar stores, which was a big point that I had made.

And it's funny, Target seems to be rebounding some, j thought the boycott killed them? That it wasn't their miniscule digital presence (at that time) or Wal Mart dominating brick n mortar while Amazon dominates online, it was their bathroom policy. Doesn't matter that Wall Street has shown time and again that social causes matter naught to them, only profit and how to maximize it.
    I must admit, my wife has been to Target three times in the last month, and on one of those dreadful instances she drug me in the store with her to carry her cat's fresh litter and her dog's food. You don't think I felt abused?.. but you don't think I'm dumb enough to tell her what to or not to do though do you?

I just held my nose and shut my eyes while I was in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    This isn't rocket science, Elroy.

DawginDallas is a devout republican. He is a prized doublenaut operative in the camp of the republicans.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Was she attacked in the bathroom by a transgender person? Were you?

Was there overtly LBGT employees srutting around offending you?

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post

The separate facilities for men and women is clearly discriminatory, since they are clearly not "equal." The chauvinistic male establishment deprives women of urinals. Sexist distinctions should be removed and all facilities labeled simply "Toilets."

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really Big Bama Fan View Post
    The separate facilities for men and women is clearly discriminatory, since they are clearly not "equal." The chauvinistic male establishment deprives women of urinals. Sexist distinctions should be removed and all facilities labeled simply "Toilets."
    I thought Target had separate facilities. I didn't realize all of their bathrooms were unisex. Of course, I can't recall the last time I used one of the facilities at a Target, if ever.

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

I thought Target had separate facilities. I didn't realize all of their bathrooms were unisex. Of course, I can't recall the last time I used one of the facilities at a Target, if ever.
    While target has provided "family" toilet facilities labeled for both males and females, they still persist in the providing of the sexist "Men" and "Women" too. Politically incorrect separate but equal is discrimatory, right?

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

I must admit, my wife has been to Target three times in the last month, and on one of those dreadful instances she drug me in the store with her to carry her cat's fresh litter and her dog's food. You don't think I felt abused?.. but you don't think I'm dumb enough to tell her what to or not to do though do you?

I just held my nose and shut my eyes while I was in there.

Did you go into the ladies room and drop a "5 Alarm"? I would. Seriously... I would eat a chili slinger a few hours before... and then blast off in the ladies room.

Why?

Screw you for judging me -- That's why!
    Get this out of this thread. I can moderate if you don't want to. -- DiD
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132