+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AlienBeans...

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

AlienBeans...

Can you explain how this was assessed?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ls-all-at-once
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

Re: AlienBeans...

That's very usually and very odd. That escalated very quickly from what appears to be just a little pushing/shoving after the whistle. However, SBNation absolutely FAILS on their article with this because they have no idea what the rules are. They didn't call a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct as the article states. A personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct are completely different things. The article goes on to say this:

If anyone from either team got hit with another personal foul penalty during the game, they automatically would get ejected. Aaaand of course, this happened later in the night
    This is just plain WRONG. I hate when a website, announcer, reporter puts something like this out there without checking facts. The casual fan just accepts it as fact because they don't know any better either. Remember, Personal fouls and Unsportsmanlike conduct are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. A player can receive multiple personal foul penalties in the game and remain. With unsporstmanlike conduct, they are ejected after the 2nd one.

Since they called one on each team the penalties offset and nothing is marked off. I'm wondering if there was something that happened earlier in the game to prompt the white hat to handle it this way? Perhaps he was trying to send a message to stop it from escalating even further later in the game. I wish I had seen the entire sequence live. David Smith [former alabama QB] is a really good official.

The issue I have with the animated gif in the article is it shows the kentucky bench and players coming off the bench going directly to the point of contention. If it's me, I use replay to get the numbers of everyone that left the bench to come in and they are all ejected. Can't see the Tennessee bench and its difficult to even tell what exactly started it.

would not be surprised if this is the first time a personal foul has been called on every single player during a football game.
    Another failure on this statement. It's not the first time, because it didn't happen here either. They were unsportsmanlike conduct penalties NOT personal fouls. This writer doesn't know much about the game.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlienBeans View Post
    That's very usually and very odd. That escalated very quickly from what appears to be just a little pushing/shoving after the whistle. However, SBNation absolutely FAILS on their article with this because they have no idea what the rules are. They didn't call a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct as the article states. A personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct are completely different things. The article goes on to say this:

This is just plain WRONG. I hate when a website, announcer, reporter puts something like this out there without checking facts. The casual fan just accepts it as fact because they don't know any better either. Remember, Personal fouls and Unsportsmanlike conduct are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. A player can receive multiple personal foul penalties in the game and remain. With unsporstmanlike conduct, they are ejected after the 2nd one.

Since they called one on each team the penalties offset and nothing is marked off. I'm wondering if there was something that happened earlier in the game to prompt the white hat to handle it this way? Perhaps he was trying to send a message to stop it from escalating even further later in the game. I wish I had seen the entire sequence live. David Smith [former alabama QB] is a really good official.

The issue I have with the animated gif in the article is it shows the kentucky bench and players coming off the bench going directly to the point of contention. If it's me, I use replay to get the numbers of everyone that left the bench to come in and they are all ejected. Can't see the Tennessee bench and its difficult to even tell what exactly started it.

Another failure on this statement. It's not the first time, because it didn't happen here either. They were unsportsmanlike conduct penalties NOT personal fouls. This writer doesn't know much about the game.
    Yeah, I didn’t catch the wording f-ups they made but in person I knew what it was. I was at the game, and there had been two small scuffles earlier where the refs separated but no penalties were called. My guess is they decided to break this out here because they didn’t want sh^t to go down, but it unfairly punished players who didn’t do anything (3 of which would later be ejected)
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

I can honestly say, its the first I've ever heard of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty being applied to every player on the team and for each team. That's definitely a new one.

Sergeant ALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forums

I would expect a reprimand for the ref. Way over the top! Even with this Statement on Sportsmanship:

NCAA Football Rules Committee
    Adopted February 2009
    After reviewing a number of plays involving unsportsmanlike
    conduct, the committee is firm in its support of the
    unsportsmanlike conduct rules as they currently are written
    and officiated. Many of these fouls deal with players who
    inappropriately draw attention to themselves in a premeditated,
    excessive or prolonged manner. Players should be taught the
    discipline that reinforces football as a team game.
    The rules committee reminds head coaches of their
    responsibility for the behavior of their players before and
    after, as well as during, the game. Players must be cautioned
    against pre-game unsportsmanlike conduct on the field that
    can lead to confrontation between the teams. Such action can
    lead to penalties enforced on the opening kickoff, possibly
    including disqualification of players. Repeated occurrence
    of such unsportsmanlike behavior by a team may result in
    punitive action by the conference against the head coach and
    his institution

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    I would expect a reprimand for the ref. Way over the top! Even with this Statement on Sportsmanship:

NCAA Football Rules Committee
    Adopted February 2009
    • After reviewing a number of plays involving unsportsmanlike
    conduct, the committee is firm in its support of the
    unsportsmanlike conduct rules as they currently are written
    and officiated. Many of these fouls deal with players who
    inappropriately draw attention to themselves in a premeditated,
    excessive or prolonged manner. Players should be taught the
    discipline that reinforces football as a team game.
    • The rules committee reminds head coaches of their
    responsibility for the behavior of their players before and
    after, as well as during, the game. Players must be cautioned
    against pre-game unsportsmanlike conduct on the field that
    can lead to confrontation between the teams. Such action can
    lead to penalties enforced on the opening kickoff, possibly
    including disqualification of players. Repeated occurrence
    of such unsportsmanlike behavior by a team may result in
    punitive action by the conference against the head coach and
    his institution
    I don't consider this to be over the top at all. If there were prior scuffles/words earlier in the game, this is a great way to handle it and get it under control. I also doubt that the white hat receives any reprimand at all. It was a judgement call and this is how he chose to handle it. My take on it punishing players that did nothing wrong, is who cares? 1. The players that did nothing wrong are likely to not get a 2nd penalty leading to ejection. 2. no penalty yards were enforced against either team. 3. The ones that do/did get a 2nd one, earned every bit of it and it all served its purpose.

+ Reply to Thread