+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comeback Kid

Staff Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

Comeback Kid

Shon Coleman committed to Auburn's 2010 recruiting class. But soon after doing so, he was diagnosed with leukemia. I suppose some teams would have dropped the scholarship offer, since he might never regain his health. But Auburn said they had committed to him, just as he had committed to AU, so he was put on scholarship.

Now Shon has fought the fight against leukemia, struggled through the treatments, and worked to rebuild his strength. He is working his way back into football as well. He's practicing now with the team, hitting in pads full speed just like everyone else. When he was recruited, he was a 5 star 6' 7" 275 lb OT. He's now over 300 lbs and learning the game.

I don't know if Shon will ever be the starter, but I'm sure he will be given some playing time.

The kid is a fighter.

WDE young man!

More here

The Bruce Dickinson of SECF Wronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forums Wronghorns's Avatar

Re: Comeback Kid

I really pull for kids like this. It's a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNekTiger View Post
    Well I live in WV, I am from LA and I got a house in TX. So I will most likely die from a heart attack or VD, but I was too dumb to graduate high school, so I probably won't even notice.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

I'm a fan. Best wishes for Shon.

Props to Chizik for standing by this kid.

Staff Sergeant Qwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forumsQwality has a great deal of respect on the forums Qwality's Avatar
    "On an island" ...like all great cornerbacks

This story just made my day...WDE!

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

It's a tremendous story all around. I love the fact that the university stood by him and he kept his scholarship. Now, he has fought for 2+ years and is actually on the field again. Amazing story and I can assure you that Jordan-Hare (or the Georgia Dome) will absolutely ERUPT when he takes the field.

+ Reply to Thread