***Orange Bowl Thread-Clemson vs Ohio St*** [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : ***Orange Bowl Thread-Clemson vs Ohio St***

Djshockley3
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Go Tigers!!!:)

Subrookie
01-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm with Clemson all the way on this one. Screw the bucknuts.

SCgamecock2988
01-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I hope North Korea sends a nuclear missile towards Miami. (Too bad it would fissile out somewhere in the Pacific).

lbzdually
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Idiot!!

SCgamecock2988
01-03-2014, 08:51 PM
It was a joke man!

lbzdually
01-03-2014, 08:58 PM
It was a joke man!

I was talking about the Clemson player who did the throat slash and prolonged the OS drive, lol.

Optik
01-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Wow. Think I am actually more stupid now for having just watched that play. What is wrong with you, Tajh?

Storm
01-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Come on Clemson.........it looks like osu is playing two hand touch and Sammy Watkins is playing tackle. He's a beast.

MKfromPA
01-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Let's Go Clemson! Can't stand Ohio State. Please emerge victorious. So far so good! :)

SCgamecock2988
01-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Pains me to say but Go Buckeyes.

2008 National Champions
01-03-2014, 11:02 PM
meh, don't really care who wins. Meyers a douche, but if Ohio State was wearing their sweet white shirts I would be going for them. lol

I just want a good game and an exciting finish.

Optik
01-03-2014, 11:58 PM
These are some really horrible officials. It is almost funny, they are so bad.

Heck Pup
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Looks like Clemson is better than South Carolina. Sure, they lost head to head, but Clemson got and won a better bowl. Clemson is the better team.

Storm
01-04-2014, 12:11 AM
These refs are doing all they can to get the ball back to osu

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:11 AM
All the more reason to have a playoff that consists of more than 4 f*cking teams! A 4 team playoff won't accomplish anything. We beat UCF and Clemson, two BCS Bowl winning teams.

Optik
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Well, thought Clemson just about had this one sewn up, but here come the refs with a late charge. Can they comeback in time? Will they just add seconds to the clock if not?

Optik
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
OH, and Tajh Clemsons hard!

Heck Pup
01-04-2014, 12:20 AM
All the more reason to have a playoff that consists of more than 4 f*cking teams! A 4 team playoff won't accomplish anything. We beat UCF and Clemson, two BCS Bowl winning teams.

I'm sure Spurrier will be bringing up these points, as well as "State Championship". Perhaps he will revive the cross-division match ups should count for 1/2 a game conversation as well.

Storm
01-04-2014, 12:21 AM
**** yeah mother ****ers!!!!!!!!

Urb Gruber
01-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Had Clemson not scored when the game was at 29-20 (the Sammy Watkins 30 yard touchdown catch), I think Ohio State would have won by 25+. That said, Clemson did a great job to not get Clemson'd.

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:26 AM
My buddy at work is about to win a LOT of money because of Clemson and Mizzou tonight. He is like top 5 in all of his bowl pools (#1 in one) and needed Clemmers and mizzou to win. He took a hit with a lot of games like Mich State winning and UCF winning.... damnit I didn't join any of the pools either.

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm sure Spurrier will be bringing up these points, as well as "State Championship". Perhaps he will revive the cross-division match ups should count for 1/2 a game conversation as well.

Can't you respond to anything seriously? Do you really think a 4 team playoff will solve much?

Optik
01-04-2014, 12:35 AM

Don't worry, Dabo's downy self is already taking shots at SCAR and Spurrier in his post game speech. Hasn't beat him in five years, but talks crap after winning the bowl game. Dabo Swinney, everyone. :facepalm:

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:38 AM
As long as we have Spurrier and they have Dabo we will own Clemson. Unfortunately they still play in the ACC and got to go to games like this when other teams were more deserving (such as Mizzou). Thank God the BCS is over but like I said, a 4 team playoff will accomplish nothing.

scgamecock312
01-04-2014, 12:40 AM
As long as we have Spurrier and they have Dabo we will own Clemson. Unfortunately they still play in the ACC and got to go to games like this when other teams were more deserving (such as Mizzou). Thank God the BCS is over but like I said, a 4 team playoff will accomplish nothing.

Why are you so worried with Clemson? They can't beat us so who cares.

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Why are you so worried with Clemson? They can't beat us so who cares.

Because I know a lot of f*cking stupid Clemson fans that get under my skin. Don't even get me started on Dabo the Clown.

Cuz
01-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Because I know a lot of f*cking stupid Clemson fans that get under my skin. Don't even get me started on Dabo the Clown.

Dabo the Clown. LMAO. The dude should have a red squeaky nose and size 24 shoes.

ugabrad
01-04-2014, 03:16 AM
Yeah, but he out Spurrier'd Spurrier with that "We're the first school from South Carolina to win a BCS bowl" comment. You have to give him points for that. Of course, he could have gone on to point out that they'll be the only one...

In other words, I get a laugh out of the war of words between the two coaches.

Optik
01-04-2014, 03:29 AM

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg89/scaled.php?server=89&filename=dabob32hf.png&res=landing

Djshockley3
01-04-2014, 06:24 AM
So glad Urban did not win.

Dawg in Dallas
01-04-2014, 07:54 AM
So glad Urban did not win.

Me too.

Herchel
01-04-2014, 08:12 AM
The Urban Myth has lost 2 in a row.

MKfromPA
01-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Congratulations on the win, Clemson! I usually do not root for your football team, but last night was an exception. I cannot stand Ohio State and Urban Meyer. By winning you guys have made my new year (thus far). I bet this is a gratifying win for the Tigers fans and erases that bitter memory of having 70 hung on your team by WVU. Enjoy it, savor it, and may it bring you guys good luck going into spring ball then into the 2014 season this fall.

MKfromPA
01-04-2014, 08:21 AM

Good one, Herchel. :lol: Or is Meyer the "urban legend," since he was once great and now turned south by losing 2 big games in a row? :P

scgamecock312
01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but he out Spurrier'd Spurrier with that "We're the first school from South Carolina to win a BCS bowl" comment. You have to give him points for that. Of course, he could have gone on to point out that they'll be the only one...

In other words, I get a laugh out of the war of words between the two coaches.

He didn't out do Spurrier with anything. Spurrier knows him well by now and knew he would take the bait. Spurrier keeps jabbing at him to stay in his head. I hope like hell they give Dabo that 8 year extension.

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:05 PM
At this point the South Carolina/Clemson game has become a psychological battle between Spurrier/Dabo and Dabo is totally f*cked. I believe all of this was in Tajh Boyd's head too.. always played like crap vs us. Of course he pads his stats vs patsy ACC teams.

SCgamecock2988
01-04-2014, 12:14 PM
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/1505065_702089216477046_1431769832_n.jpg

Subrookie
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM

Funny that they went undefeated last year didn't lose a game this year in the regular season and then lost their conference CG and their BCS bowl. No national championship and no bowl hardware. Since they had to vacate their game against Arkansas when was their last BCS bowl win...

My BIL is an OSU superfan I can't wait to hear his excuse for that.

Storm
01-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Funny that they went undefeated last year didn't lose a game this year in the regular season and then lost their conference CG and their BCS bowl. No national championship and no bowl hardware. Since they had to vacate their game against Arkansas when was their last BCS bowl win...

My BIL is an OSU superfan I can't wait to hear his excuse for that.

I've already heard excuses from a couple blaming the refs......WTF? How many drives were extended because of terrible calls on the Clemson sideline.

I've also seen the osu kid who muffed the punt is getting drilled on twitter from osu "fans." Telling to go **** himself and blaming him for the loss. :lol: all class

Optik
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
I've already heard excuses from a couple blaming the refs......WTF? How many drives were extended because of terrible calls on the Clemson sideline.

I've also seen the osu kid who muffed the punt is getting drilled on twitter from osu "fans." Telling to go **** himself and blaming him for the loss. :lol: all class

I mean the refs were astoundingly bad, but if they biased toward anyone, it was in Ohio State's favor. There were so, so many complete BS calls go against Clemson in this game, notably that last "sideline infraction" flag.

MKfromPA
01-04-2014, 06:28 PM

I agree with you guys.

There is really no excuses for OSU. They were simply outplayed in their last two contests. Michigan State came back against them. Taj Boyd made great plays. OSU wasn't up to the cause to persevere. I think one can continue to legitimately question whether the Buckeyes are actually prepared to play in big games against big teams. All this goes back to their weak schedules. They can't help there was only one other "great" team in the Big Ten this year, but playing Florida A&M, Buffalo, and San Diego State (ALL AT HOME) in non-conference doesn't tell you much about your team. I am aware the latter two participated in bowl games, but failing to schedule equivalent opponents from power conferences is a total embarrassment. OSU wants all the notoriety they are great and one of the best teams year in and year out, but when you don't dare to schedule among the best SEC, Big 12, or PAC-12 schools, IMO there is something wrong.

WouldE
01-05-2014, 12:47 PM
A couple bad plays from both teams, the game could've gone either way.

Regardless, I blame the loss on horrible defense. tOSU was lucky it wasn't 28-9 Clemson at halftime.

Storm
01-05-2014, 01:24 PM
you think Fickell survives?

Herchel
01-05-2014, 02:10 PM
you think Fickell survives?
I read he was a candidate for a HC job.

Storm
01-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Fickell went 6-7 his one year as HC. Urban came in with basically the same team the next year and went 12-0. I can't imagine why he would be in line for any head coach job.

ACCFanInTraining
01-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Great game. Was great to see our defense stop Hyde and Miller on the ground. I was really worried they would not be able too, but the DL and LB played lights out. Other than blown coverages by our true frosh Safety, it was a great effort by the defense.

Sammy Watkins will be missed. Clemson may not see another WR like him for a long time. I appreciate everything he's done for Clemson.

Despite Tahj giving OSU 9 pts and a chance for a comeback at the end of the game, I am glad he's a Tiger. He's set all kinds of records at Clemson and posted a 32-6 record as a starter. All the best for him in the future.

The American conference refs seem to be bitter about the Big 10/ACC taking their teams.

SCgamecock2988
01-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Damn.. so he had 3 out of 6 of his losses as a starter vs South Carolina? I know he won't give a damn after he's making $$$ but that still sucks for the history books for him.

Storm
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
half these guys are probably friends with SC players anyway. Fans get more out of the rivalries half the time anyway. I doubt guys like him or Peyton Manning lose any sleep over who they didn't beat in college.

WouldE
01-07-2014, 12:38 AM
The American conference refs seem to be bitter about the Big 10/ACC taking their teams.

Agree the refs were calling waaay too many penalties against both sides.

ACCFanInTraining
01-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Damn.. so he had 3 out of 6 of his losses as a starter vs South Carolina? I know he won't give a damn after he's making $$$ but that still sucks for the history books for him.
He did, but SC is having its best stretch of football in over 100 years. I would be completely pissed if he lost 3 in a row to the SC teams of the early 2000's.

Optik
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Agree the refs were calling waaay too many penalties against both sides.

These officials were ridiculous. I just started laughing when they called that last penalty on the victory formation. It perfectly encapsulated their entire performance. A completely meaningless call, on a meaningless down, with 10 seconds left in the game. Just perfect. :lol:

MKfromPA
01-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Great game. Was great to see our defense stop Hyde and Miller on the ground. I was really worried they would not be able too, but the DL and LB played lights out. Other than blown coverages by our true frosh Safety, it was a great effort by the defense.

Sammy Watkins will be missed. Clemson may not see another WR like him for a long time. I appreciate everything he's done for Clemson.

Despite Tahj giving OSU 9 pts and a chance for a comeback at the end of the game, I am glad he's a Tiger. He's set all kinds of records at Clemson and posted a 32-6 record as a starter. All the best for him in the future.

Congrats on your BCS bowl victory. I bet you've been looking forward to that for a while now. Enjoy! :cheers: