Oregon gives Mack Brown a sendoff party. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon gives Mack Brown a sendoff party.

SavageOrangeJug
12-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Ducks 30
Horns 7

Now let the __________ to Texas rumors begin.

Bubba
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
LOL!!!

Screw Mack brown. I wish he would have stayed at texas forever. He single handedly made them non competitive over his tenure. Yeah he got lucky with the poor mans cam newton but he's flopped ever since. Karma caught USC that night.

Texas has just become a contender overnight now that Mack's gone and they haven't even hired a coach yet.

Carolina Razorback
12-31-2013, 09:39 AM
LOL!!!

Screw Mack brown. I wish he would have stayed at texas forever. He single handedly made them non competitive over his tenure. Yeah he got lucky with the poor mans cam newton but he's flopped ever since. Karma caught USC that night.

Texas has just become a contender overnight now that Mack's gone and they haven't even hired a coach yet.

:lol:

Couldn't happen to a nicer team....

Quack Quack

Dawg in Dallas
12-31-2013, 09:55 AM
LOL!!!

His last few years have been a backslide, but Brown made Texas relevant again. Prior to Brown they had been extremely average for a number of years - remember the 66-3 loss AT HOME to UCLA?

MKfromPA
01-10-2014, 09:45 AM
His last few years have been a backslide, but Brown made Texas relevant again. Prior to Brown they had been extremely average for a number of years - remember the 66-3 loss AT HOME to UCLA?

Exactly. Brown revitalized the Longhorns football program. Sorry Bubba but it is a little biased to say, "he single handedly made them non competitive over his tenure" when UT actually was competing for the Big 12 title nearly every near in the mid-2000s. In another thread I pointed out the Longhorns went no worse than 5-3 over a 10 year span during Brown's tenure, except for the past several seasons. That means they went 6-2, 7-1 or 8-0 in conference play. That's pretty darn good. I'm not defending Brown because I don't like him either, but I cannot deny the success he had with Texas.