2013 Little Caesar's Bowl: Pittsburgh versus Bowling Green [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Little Caesar's Bowl: Pittsburgh versus Bowling Green

MKfromPA
12-26-2013, 03:30 PM
My beloved Panthers have the opportunity to finish 7-6 (instead of 6-7). There was a nice article in the Pitt Post-Gazette today about how the psyche of finishing 7-6 compared to 6-7 is a big deal among the players and coaches. I can see that for the Panthers because they finished 6-7 in 2011 and 2012 by losing the bowl games. It would be great for the seniors, particularly Tom Savage and Aaron Donald, to go out on high notes before they enter the NFL Draft. Donald's had an awesome season and won several awards. Being able to add a bowl trophy would make for a nice high note.

Bowling Green is no slouch. They defeated Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship Game (coincidentally, at Ford Field) to knock them out of a potential BCS bid. I expect them to play well and prove to be a tough match up for Pittsburgh. They are favored by 4 and 1/2 points...

LET'S GO PITT!!! :towel:

scgamecock312
12-27-2013, 09:25 AM
This turned out to be a very good game. I had Bowling Green picked, but only had 2 confidence points on it.

Bama_Man
12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Final score?

scgamecock312
12-27-2013, 01:38 PM
final score?

30-27 pitt

Djshockley3
12-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I had like 20 confidence points on BG.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-27-2013, 02:28 PM
That last drive by BG was great, if you don't mind going ten yards backwards on three consecutive plays. What looked like may be a drive to tie the game with a last second FG, ended with 4th and 41 from their own 1 yard line.

I was pulling for Pitt, thinking I had picked them in the Bowl Pick "Ems. When I checked the thread, I had picked BG. Don't know what I was thinking with that pick.

MKfromPA
12-27-2013, 06:49 PM
This turned out to be a very good game. I had Bowling Green picked, but only had 2 confidence points on it.

Yeah it was a great game. Back and forth. Pitt's Chad Voytik came in relief of injured Tom Savage, and I'd argue made plays to win. James Connor's 229 rush yards was the difference. Bowling Green could not stop him. Had they been able to slow him down I believe they would've won by (probably) double-digits.

MKfromPA
12-28-2013, 03:09 PM
That last drive by BG was great, if you don't mind going ten yards backwards on three consecutive plays. What looked like may be a drive to tie the game with a last second FG, ended with 4th and 41 from their own 1 yard line.

I was pulling for Pitt, thinking I had picked them in the Bowl Pick "Ems. When I checked the thread, I had picked BG. Don't know what I was thinking with that pick.

Thanks for the support, Dr. SS. Pitt's defense really stepped up on the final series of the game. The holding penalty against BGSU coupled with the pair of sacks by Pitt sealed the deal. The Falcons pretty much needed a miracle on 4th and 41. It was great to see the Panthers record sacks. I believe they had 7 for the game. They only recorded 18 all season, so definitely a large increase there. It will be interesting in the off-season where Aaron Donald ends up. The kid is a real talent. I bet he will be playing on Sundays next fall. BGSU double teamed him all night and still couldn't stop him on plays.