Michigan State will beat Ohio State [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Michigan State will beat Ohio State

Friedchickenman
12-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Go ahead and mark it down, every game against a common quailty opponent this year, Michigan State has drubbed the opposing team more then Ohio State did. Just ask Michigan which team is better. Ohio State has yet to face a real defense, going to be good.

xAuBuRn
12-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I hope so.

Bamadan
12-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I will be a huge fan of Sparty Sat!! It can happen!! The SEC NC streak is at stake(and the state of AL as well!!)!! Y'all gotta take care of business with Mizzou!!

Afleet
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Hope you are right

LSUTigers1404
12-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd actually like to see Ohio State get trucked in yet another BCS title game. Urban Meyer being the head coach would just add to the hilarity.

Dawgilicious
12-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Mich State has yet to face a real offense either, so it will be an interesting game

WouldE
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Definitely possible, they have a tough defense - far better than any D tOSU has faced this season. And the way tOSU's D has played is unpredictable.

Jimmy Reb
12-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Should be a good game.

Storm
12-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Michigan States offense is terrible. Don't expect them to put 40 up like Michigan did. And the game being inside gives osu an even bigger advantage. I wouldn't bet against Urban, that's for sure.

Dawgilicious
12-02-2013, 10:31 AM
The Sparty offense has gotten better over the 2nd half of the seasons and Langford is running the ball really good right now

Storm
12-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Fools gold. They won't score more than 20 vs osu.

SCgamecock2988
12-02-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't want Michigan State winning...I'm fearful of Mizzou beating Auburn then getting into the BCSCG. That would really rustle my jimmies.

Storm
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Who would you rather see in the NC game, ohio state or Mizzou?

Dawgilicious
12-02-2013, 01:08 PM
The offense is so much different than it was vs USF or ND. They have the down the field passing attack with Cook and the running game is always good. The way their defense plays, 20 pts might be enough anyways. Its not like Ohio State is shutting teams down anyways

Storm
12-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Don't get wrong, I hope you are right and I am wrong :lol:

Naval Aviator
12-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Go Sparty!

MKfromPA
12-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I like the title of this thread. Sure hope it comes true. The last match up for the BCS Championship I want to witness is Florida State versus Ohio State. You have the criminal rapist versus douche-bag extraordinaire Urban Meyer. That match up would be seriously aggravating for me and I think a lot of SEC fans. If it does happen I may consider not watching the game altogether. Can't really stand either team. I'd root for the Seminoles if their QB kept it inside his pants....

Storm
12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
This vaunted Sparty offense was really impressive vs Minnesota last week. 14 points isn't going to get it done.

Dawgilicious
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Well, they werent really challenged either so they didn't open it up at all. If Ohio State starts to score then it will be tough because i dont think MSU has the weapons to get into a scoring game with OSU. Low-scoring, ball-control gives them a better chance to succeed

RedNekTiger
12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Geaux Sparty.

rolling baby
12-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Mark d is the reason OSU won the nc in 2003. Go msu!

MKfromPA
12-06-2013, 06:49 PM
This vaunted Sparty offense was really impressive vs Minnesota last week. 14 points isn't going to get it done.

I believe one potential scenario in this game is how long Michigan State's defense can hold OSU. If Sparty's offense sputters early and their defense keeps them in the game, then OSU will likely eventually wear them down and score. Score just enough to win until Michigan State's defense breaks and the flood gates open, unleashing OSU points. On the other hand, IMO, IF Sparty can make a few big plays early on, like a punt return or kick-off return TD, while their defense holds the Buckeyes, then Michigan State has a shot in this game. I don't have a crystal ball in front of me, but a lot of the outcome depends on if Sparty can score points.

WouldE
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I believe one potential scenario in this game is how long Michigan State's defense can hold OSU. If Sparty's offense sputters early and their defense keeps them in the game, then OSU will likely eventually wear them down and score. Score just enough to win until Michigan State's defense breaks and the flood gates open, unleashing OSU points. On the other hand, IMO, IF Sparty can make a few big plays early on, like a punt return or kick-off return TD, while their defense holds the Buckeyes, then Michigan State has a shot in this game. I don't have a crystal ball in front of me, but a lot of the outcome depends on if Sparty can score points.

I think it'll come down to MSU's d-line....if they can get pressure on Miller, slow down Hyde, and contain Miller most of the time when the pocket breaks down, then I think MSU has a good chance. MSU will probably put up a decent number of points as I have no confidence in OSU's D this season.

MKfromPA
12-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I think it'll come down to MSU's d-line....if they can get pressure on Miller, slow down Hyde, and contain Miller most of the time when the pocket breaks down, then I think MSU has a good chance. MSU will probably put up a decent number of points as I have no confidence in OSU's D this season.

Good point. Miller's been awesome this year. Hyde also is responsible for a big part of OSU's offense. I don't believe Michigan State will shut them down. It's more of a matter of containment. Limit their production. And as you said, put pressure on Miller. Turnovers will also be a key for Sparty. Can the defense give the offense a short field? Those possessions would be very critical.

ugabrad
12-08-2013, 02:20 AM

No, 14 wouldn't have been enough... but 34 points were.

Storm
12-08-2013, 02:34 AM
People act like I'm mad when they bring up these quotes. It's a great day to be wrong, FO SHO.

WouldE
12-08-2013, 05:52 PM
On the bright side, it's better to lose to MSU then to have to watch FSU put up 50 against tOSU's weak D.

MSU played a great game, can't see how they lost to ND at the beginning of the season.

MKfromPA
12-08-2013, 05:57 PM
All streaks come to an end. :) ... but the SEC's of playing for the National Championship for another year will have to wait! :D

xAuBuRn
12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Props to you man. Great call.

Would rep if I could.