My Homeboy QB Neal Burcham Gets the Start for SMU against Houston [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : My Homeboy QB Neal Burcham Gets the Start for SMU against Houston

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-28-2013, 05:59 PM
At Thanksgiving dinner today, I learned my nephew Scott was gone to Houston with Neal's mom and dad and brothers to watch Neal get the start tomorrow against the Cougars.

Unbeknownst to me, 5th year SMU senior QB Garrett Gilbert went down in the third quarter last week with a season ending knee injury and Neal Cape Canaveral Burcham is now the #1 QB at SMU, as just a redshirt freshman. Last week, Neal threw an int on his first possession, but then later threw a 37 yard TD strike to secure a 16-6 Mustang win at Tampa against USF.

The SMU at Houston game is Friday morning on ESPN II at 11 central time.

You guys gotta give a look to my Greenbrier, Arkansas homeboy tomorrow. You've heard all about him through my SECF archived babbling from Neal's high school days. Now you'ins can see. :wave:

Go get 'em Neal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :towel:

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-28-2013, 06:31 PM
SMU assistant coach Hal Mumme discusses Neal...

http://ponyfans.com/features/story.php?id=586

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Interview with Neal..

http://ponyfans.com/features/story.php?id=583

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Neal throws his first college TD at 1:05 mark in the video.

I always told y'all he could fade it 40 yards to the edge like a pro. Now you can see exactly what I mean. 4th and 1 from the 37 yard line and June Jones calls for the TD pass. Perfect strike by Neal.

Man I wish the Hogs had Neal, but June Jones has vehemently rejected an offer by Bert Beiladong to trade a good broke Brandon Dodobird Allen for Neal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HLL3nvlb2A

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Neal got smothered like chili on a chopped weinie on one play there so far.

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Been a rough first half for homeboy. :woot:

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Real ruff...

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Real real ruff ruff...

Bama_Man
11-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry SS., but Burcham has been terrible so far. I know first college start, but he is no Manziel. He has thrown two INTs already, they have 0 points, and Houston is up 17-0 and probably gonna be worse after halftime.

Burcham has to quit forcing throws.

Bama_Man
11-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Burcham seems to be finding his groove in the two minute drill before the half.

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Burcham seems to be finding his groove in the two minute drill before the half.

Until his center prehiked the ball. :cry:

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:33 PM
This is turble. Jus turble. :cry:

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Sorry SS., but Burcham has been terrible so far. I know first college start, but he is no Manziel. He has thrown two INTs already, they have 0 points, and Houston is up 17-0 and probably gonna be worse after halftime.

Burcham has to quit forcing throws.

Agree with all this 110%. :cry:

We've definitely been watching the same game.

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Neal is shuffling his feet in the pocket a lot, something he sometimes would do in big high school games. He'll get better. The arm isn't the problem. Right now it is about making good decisions and getting the ball out on the 3 count. He ain't doing real good at that part.

Bama_Man
11-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it is his first start, he will only get better.

But that fumble was a game-ender, thats a 14-point swing and now with Houston up 24-0, I cant see SMU and Burcham coming back that much.

He has the arm, no issue I agree, but the decision making has been bad and he needs to let the ball rip.

14/26 isnt bad, but two INT's are killer.