the real heisman canidate [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : the real heisman canidate

BigBamaFan
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
He plays on a undefeated team he has thrown more tds than Manziel less ints bigger passing numbers than Winston. My pick is Derek Carr Fresno State

SCgamecock2988
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Manziel is the best player in CFB but he shouldn't win the Heisman this year. A&M doesn't have a signature win... and Manziel's numbers still aren't as good as last year. More INTs, less rushing TDs and less passing yards (although still games to play). Winston will probably win it if FSU stay undefeated.

xAuBuRn
11-10-2013, 03:57 PM
He plays on a undefeated team he has thrown more tds than Manziel less ints bigger passing numbers than Winston. My pick is Derek Carr Fresno State

It should go to Manziel, but they won't give it to him. Give it to Winston I guess. I honestly think AJ should be third. What about a running back. If Gurley had been healthy all season I think he would most likely be the frontrunner. Derek Carr is good, but he plays nobody.

Subrookie
11-10-2013, 04:07 PM
It should go to Manziel, but they won't give it to him. Give it to Winston I guess. I honestly think AJ should be third. What about a running back. If Gurley had been healthy all season I think he would most likely be the frontrunner. Derek Carr is good, but he plays nobody.

AJs numbers were better than Manziel when they played each other. Manziel doesn't deserve it this year. I haven't seen Carr play yet but I'll try and catch a game now.

Bama_Man
11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Seen Fresno thrice, Carr is good. A very good QB prospect who doesn't make a lot of mistakes and has his offense running very well.

But the Heisman banquet should be Manziel, Winston, Mariotta, and AJ IMO. Winston is the talk of the nation, he is likely the front runner and would have to have at least one or two disappointing performances while a guy like JM or AJ would have to play extremely well.

Winston-1, Manziel-2, AJ-3, IMO

xAuBuRn
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
AJs numbers were better than Manziel when they played each other. Manziel doesn't deserve it this year. I haven't seen Carr play yet but I'll try and catch a game now.

Give Manziel a run game and a D so he does not feel he has to score every time he touches the ball.

Subrookie
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Give Manziel a run game and a D so he does not feel he has to score every time he touches the ball.

Because Alabama's D looked wonderful that game.... Manziel just isn't playing as well this year as he did last year.

xAuBuRn
11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Because Alabama's D looked wonderful that game.... Manziel just isn't playing as well this year as he did last year.

That just shows you how good Manziel is. They have the number one D in the country.

Carolina Razorback
11-11-2013, 10:18 AM
If Carr is mentioned then shouldn't QB Jordan Lynch on an undefeated Northern Illinois team get a plug as well?

He's the number 7 rusher in the nation with 1150 yards.

Dawgilicious
11-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Manziel is playing better than last year with a better comp% and more TD passes, he just isnt running as much and they didnt have that win over Bama like last year.'

Lynch def needs to start getting some plug, he has led the only MAC team to beat 2 Big 10 teams in the same season and he has been awesome through the air and on the ground

Bama_Man
11-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Carr gets more publicity because he is the better QB prospect. Lynch got some love last year, but the bowl loss didn't help. Carr has an interesting story with David being a former #1 overall pick and some saying Derek is the better QB prospect in the family (How? David went #1 overall. No way Derek gets drafted higher lol).

Lynch is an interesting guy, but is beating B10 teams really saying something this year? lol

Its just bad luck for guys like Carr, Lynch, hell even AJ McCarron because of the years that other explosive, high profile, dual threat QB's are having. If Carr didn't have to compete with a Heisman winner, an electric, interesting dual threat QB putting up good stats for the #2 team, and a fast, explosive, dual threat QB who had not thrown an INT until Thursday and plays for a top 10 team.

AJ McCarron might not even get an invite to New York, yet how many years does a QB on a top ranked team who is competing for a national title (3rd national title) not get invited?

Just bad luck. Even guys like Kadeem Carey, the nation's leading rusher, will likely not get invited. Hell if you would have told me before the season that Ohio State would be undefeated and #3, I would have guaranteed Braxton Miller would be a Heisman contender.

Dawgilicious
11-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh I feel you. personally I think AJ should win it, but I know he won't. Everybody gets infatuated with numbers and thats why guys like mariota, Carr, and Winston will get all of the love. AJ doesnt throw it all over the yard or anything. Bryce Petty is going to start getting more talk too

Bama_Man
11-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Bryce Petty agreed. If Mariotta's performance suffers with the injury or he loses another game, Petty is a pretty sure fire bet. He has thrown what, 1, pick this year? Undefeated, top 5-6 team, and a QB with gaudy numbers.

You can use that to describe like four QBs this year lol. Most years aren't this heavy with great QB play. I dont remember the last year in which there are legit 10 NFL QB prospects starting at top 25 schools. Manziel, Winston, Mariotta, Boyd, Bridgewater, McCarron, Mettenberger, Carr, Hundley, hell theres nine off the top of my head.