The New "Oklahoma" [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : The New "Oklahoma"

Urb Gruber
11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I have railed multiple times throughout the years that Oklahoma is constantly ranked in the Top 5 or 10 and fails to live up to the hype of a National Title Contender. While Oklahoma and Bob "No win in Big Games" Stoops will always be the original choke artists, it is quite clear that Oregon is The New "Oklahoma". Yes, Oregon did make the 2011 BCS National Championship, but they lost that game and have done nothing but $h1t the bed with their "vaunted" offense.

Dawgilicious
11-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Its when they play physical teams and its going to cost them another shot at a national title

GDawg88
11-07-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm not saying I saw this beatdown coming, but this is a script we've seen many times before: a gimmicky offense getting wrecked when it has to face a physical, fundamenally sound team.

David Shaw doesn't praised enough. When Luck left, I thought Stanford would return to irrelevancy. But they're probably better now.

IllinoisDawg63
11-08-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't think any coach got the criticism of "sh!tting the bed" more than Tom Osborne...but went out in style with 2 back to backs NCs and a share of NC in his finale(1997). Oregon will not succeed in anything huge...they just get the uniform hype!

Subrookie
11-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Oklahoma is the new little brother of the Big 12. When we left we did it after hearing a lot of talk that Texas was going to leave and take Oklahoma with them to the new super conference Pac-16. Oklahoma was waiting and letting Texas run the show.

Now Stoops is recruiting kids who's parents are my age and know Oklahoma is a shadow of their former self. Maybe this beatdown by Baylor will wake them up, they also lost to Texas this year too. We'll see. But the Big 12 is nothing like it was before a&m and Mizzou left. Oklahoma will wait a long time until they get another NC.