Duke upsets #12 VT to get bowl eligible for 2nd straight season [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Duke upsets #12 VT to get bowl eligible for 2nd straight season

Dawgilicious
10-27-2013, 12:12 AM
First time they have been both eligible in back-to-back seasons since 1988-89. great job by Cutcliffe in building the program and they could win 8 or 9 games this year. Quite an accomplishment

Bubba
10-27-2013, 01:20 AM
i agree. big accomplishment for Duke.

anyone think Cutcliffe gets another shot at a bigger program?

Dawgilicious
10-27-2013, 01:23 AM
idk, UT came after him but he chose to stay at Duke. He really never should of been fired at Ole Miss

Herchel
10-27-2013, 09:02 AM
i agree. big accomplishment for Duke.

anyone think Cutcliffe gets another shot at a bigger program?
He doesn't want one. I pull for Coach Cut.

Wanderin' Reb
10-27-2013, 11:51 AM
idk, UT came after him but he chose to stay at Duke. He really never should of been fired at Ole Miss

He was a horrible recruiter and refused to bench seniors for more talented lower- classmen. He may be doing well at Duke, but he was not cut out to be an SEC HC.

Dawgilicious
10-27-2013, 12:09 PM
If he was a horrible recruiter how can he have more talented underclassmen, unless they were from a previous regime

Wanderin' Reb
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
If he was a horrible recruiter how can he have more talented underclassmen, unless they were from a previous regime

You can get lucky every now and then. A la Patrick Willis. The only we got him is because no one else wanted him. Cutt refused to play him.

EDIT - Hell, he wouldn't even start Eli in his RS FS year because Romero Miller was still here.

SCgamecock2988
10-27-2013, 12:11 PM
VT... one of the most consistently overrated programs in college football.

CentralMSDawg
10-27-2013, 12:14 PM
I watched the 2nd half of the game. VT fans had the look on their face of supporting a team that just got beat at home by Duke. They just looked bewildered. The job Cut is doing there is as good as any of his successors at Ole Miss have done. Going to back to back bowl games at Duke is like going to the Cotton Bowl for Ole Miss.

Naval Aviator
10-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Wow. Just wow. VT's missed field goal was a heartbreaker. I am guessing this was Tech's homecoming game too.

MKfromPA
10-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Wow. Just wow. VT's missed field goal was a heartbreaker. I am guessing this was Tech's homecoming game too.

Similar to how Duke lost their bowl game last year. Cincinnati scored in the final minute of the game to win. Think it was a seam route to their TE. What goes around comes around, eh?