FSU vs Clemson [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : FSU vs Clemson

IllinoisDawg63
10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Just the first half and the 'Noles are ahead 20 pts....if it holds, I'll be glad so Clemson can't go on saying that are undefeated. I really figured Swinney would have been axed there by this time.

ACCFanInTraining
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Why would Swinney be axed?

And yeah, our issues are getting exposed

IllinoisDawg63
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
I thought he's been HC like 6 yrs now, but in checking my source, he's only in his 5th yr now. Clemson, you have to admit, has been decent then chokes uncontrollably. Didn't figure Swinney had it in him to be HC.

xAuBuRn
10-19-2013, 10:22 PM
I have hated dabo ever since he acted like he won the NC when Clemson beat auburn to end the 14 game win streak auburn had.

Dawgilicious
10-19-2013, 10:29 PM
That was a big game for Clemson at that time....jesus, god forbid coaches get excited for winning an important game for their program, especially when guys doubted he could do it

GR8NESS
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Well.....f***.

Looked like old Clemson tonight. Thought they were past this :-(

Dawgilicious
10-19-2013, 11:13 PM
You gotta say FSU is one of the favorites now. This is pure domination

Subrookie
10-19-2013, 11:24 PM
This is bear's ass tied up with a log chain ugly. I hate to say it but Pac-12 football is more interesting right now.

GR8NESS
10-19-2013, 11:27 PM
You gotta say FSU is one of the favorites now. This is pure domination

Yeah, I think this is more about what FSU is than what Clemson isn't. Still though....

TexasFight
10-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Jameis Winston >

GatorMan32
10-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Dear ACCFiT,

WTF?

Signed,
GatorMan32

MKfromPA
10-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Hats off to FSU. They played outstanding. I don't think there could be a more deflating loss for Clemson. No way Winston looks like a redshirt freshman. He played like a 5th year senior last night. I seriously believe this kid is high on the Heisman list at this point. If FSU runs the table I don't see how voters wouldn't pick this kid the way he plays every week. Especially against great teams like Clemson. Wow.

ACCFanInTraining
10-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Dear ACCFiT,

WTF?

Signed,
GatorMan32

FSU and the horse you rode in on!

:raz:

xAuBuRn
10-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Clemson just can't ever win the big game.

ACCFanInTraining
10-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Clemson has gotten to where they are with a below average OL and secondary for awhile. Tahj has issues when the pressure is on and has never learned how to be poised in the pocket. I don't want to sound like I'm throwing him under the bus, because we would not be where we are without him, but he has limitations. FSU had two weeks to prepare and they fully exposed Clemson's weaknesses.

The only surprise to me was that our DL and LB did not stop the run better than it did and our blitzes were largely ineffective. Their OL is very good...maybe one of the best in the country. Winston is a baller.

ACCFanInTraining
10-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Clemson just can't ever win the big game.

That was a big game, but c'mon we've won some big games (even this season)

GatorMan32
10-20-2013, 09:55 AM
FSU and the horse you rode in on!

:raz:

You misunderstood. I am probably just as mad about this as you.

ACCFanInTraining
10-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Clemson put a major dent into my scotch last night

xAuBuRn
10-20-2013, 11:49 AM

I really thought they had a legitimate shot at makin it to the NC game. The way they lost was also sad. I was really looking forward to this game. They have won some big games, but that UGA win is looking worse every week. They always seem to always have a solid team but just can't win it all when it matters.

MKfromPA
10-20-2013, 03:06 PM

I would consider beating UGA to be winning a big game.

Jimmy Reb
10-20-2013, 05:01 PM
I thought maybe FSU might win this one, but this was ridiculous!!!!!

Bama_Man
10-20-2013, 05:11 PM
So I guess drumming LSU in the bowl game last year and beating a fully healthy UGA team to start this season aren't big wins :/

Naval Aviator
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
I am shocked, but I guess it is a day to be shocked. Six of the top 11 teams fell.

SavageOrangeJug
10-20-2013, 06:21 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/l3i928o23/clems_son.jpg

GR8NESS
10-20-2013, 06:23 PM
So I guess drumming LSU in the bowl game last year and beating a fully healthy UGA team to start this season aren't big wins :/

Yeah! SEC! SEC! Unless it doesn't fit our agenda then it doesn't matter if you beat one of us!

GatorMan32
10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
I'd say UGA was a big game. Bowl games are good wins but big game usually means something big is on the line and UGA fit that bill. FSU was a bigger game because if they won it really only Carolina stood between them and a NC game appearance plus it was a conference game. But UGA counts.

MKfromPA
10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
I'd say UGA was a big game. Bowl games are good wins but big game usually means something big is on the line and UGA fit that bill. FSU was a bigger game because if they won it really only Carolina stood between them and a NC game appearance plus it was a conference game. But UGA counts.

Yes for the most part when you consider they have Maryland, Virginia, G Tech, and The Citadel remaining (outside of South Carolina). Those are all very winnable games. I'd hate to be Maryland next weekend. They might feel the wrath of an angry Clemson team. Out of the other ACC teams, GT is the only team that can really score at will. UVA blew a HUGE lead to Duke at home yesterday, and I don't see The Citadel challenging Clemson. Based on this, Clemson should finish with 1 ACC loss. Depending on if they beat South Carolina, they might still be in-line for a BCS bowl.

Wave&Dawgs
10-20-2013, 07:39 PM
I think this is more about how good FSU is than about Clemson "choking". FSU beat a ranked team 63-0 last week. I think FSU is just freaking good. I would love to see an FSU-Oregon title game. That would be fun to watch.

2008 National Champions
10-20-2013, 08:07 PM
I think this is more about how good FSU is than about Clemson "choking". FSU beat a ranked team 63-0 last week. I think FSU is just freaking good. I would love to see an FSU-Oregon title game. That would be fun to watch.

That was two weeks ago, they had a bye to prepare for the Clemson game. Iirc

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Heck Pup
10-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Clemson's win against UGA was big at the time - before our top 5 WR's and two-deep RB's were out.

Also, did anyone else notice Clemson taking full advantage of the fact that fireworks are legal in South Carolina last night? Do they always do this? At one point they had to stop the game to let the smoke clear.

OxfordSeminole
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

In Jameis we trust.

The Miami game in two weeks is going to be fun. They are the most overrated team in the country, maybe in the last 5 years or so. Hope we beat them by 100.

Wave&Dawgs
10-20-2013, 10:40 PM
That was two weeks ago, they had a bye to prepare for the Clemson game. Iirc

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Ah, i see. Regaedless, my point stands. Isn't like this is the first decent team FSU has killed this year. I know it's popular on this board to talk about Clemson choking, but I think this is more of FSU being a great team.

ACCFanInTraining
10-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Clemson's win against UGA was big at the time - before our top 5 WR's and two-deep RB's were out.

Also, did anyone else notice Clemson taking full advantage of the fact that fireworks are legal in South Carolina last night? Do they always do this? At one point they had to stop the game to let the smoke clear.

Its a cannon that fires after scoring a TD. In the past few years, they've gone a bit overboard and fire it after a TD and the extra point.

Subrookie
10-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Seems like this is the best place to put this, but did you see the video of the drunk Clemson fan behind the GameDay crew? Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5lWxRhZRlw

Bama_Man
10-21-2013, 07:08 PM
FSU is really, really good. Winston still may hit a wall, but its looking doubtful. They are big and fast on defense, have a great set of WRs, decent RBs, and the Heisman winner IMO at QB.

The only real weaknesses are at corner and somewhat linebacker. Lamarcus Joyner is an All-American, Christian Jones is a beast, and Mario Edwards is really turning into a player.

I'd honestly rather play Oregon than FSU, that's how much faith I have in Winston.

Side note, how the hell did Boston f'n College play FSU so tight and take them to the wire??

And I'm already hearing stupid catch phrases about teams tanking for Winston in the 2015 draft. Mike and Mike were discussing it earlier today. Win none for Winston, I liked Winless for Winston or Heinous for Jameis.

OxfordSeminole
10-21-2013, 09:48 PM
FSU is really, really good. Winston still may hit a wall, but its looking doubtful. They are big and fast on defense, have a great set of WRs, decent RBs, and the Heisman winner IMO at QB.

The only real weaknesses are at corner and somewhat linebacker. Lamarcus Joyner is an All-American, Christian Jones is a beast, and Mario Edwards is really turning into a player.

I'd honestly rather play Oregon than FSU, that's how much faith I have in Winston.

Side note, how the hell did Boston f'n College play FSU so tight and take them to the wire??

And I'm already hearing stupid catch phrases about teams tanking for Winston in the 2015 draft. Mike and Mike were discussing it earlier today. Win none for Winston, I liked Winless for Winston or Heinous for Jameis.

Installed the new defense with Pruitt this year. It requires gap discipline, and in the BC game, the guys were still learning and made some mistakes. BC exploited them for a while.

They've gotten better as the season has progress, because the new D is becoming more natural. Less thinking, more reacting.

Heck Pup
10-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Its a cannon that fires after scoring a TD. In the past few years, they've gone a bit overboard and fire it after a TD and the extra point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-RvQbf220

ONE MORE DRINK FOOL WOULD DROWN YOOOOOO0000000!!!

ACCFanInTraining
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Installed the new defense with Pruitt this year. It requires gap discipline, and in the BC game, the guys were still learning and made some mistakes. BC exploited them for a while.

They've gotten better as the season has progress, because the new D is becoming more natural. Less thinking, more reacting.

BC has a better running game than Clemson. I actually thought Clemson could run the ball on FSU, but Morris panics any time we're down and abandons the running game. FSU will probably struggle against a power run team because their LB's are a little undersized. But if they keep getting better about gap discipline like Ox said, it will be real tough defense to move the ball on.

Bama_Man
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Pruitt was a great hire, and FSU is def, doing the right things. As I've said before, my brother is an FSU grad, my aunt is a booster in Tallahassee, FSU is my favorite non-SEC team. The team has steadily improved every single week. Hell, they improve by the quarter. Watching the Pitt game, they started out slow, then got into a groove and exploded. BC has a good running game, and that might be the only way to make any headway against FSU by being a big power running team. But the DL is big and fast, if they become as successful at winning at the point of attack as they are at rushing the passer, the run weaknesses will disappear.

Wasn't a fan of Jimbo throwing bombs with the backup QB up by 50 against Maryland, it could come back to haunt them in a bad way, but they have not looked vulnerable since the first half of the BC game.

NC State has been a bugaboo for FSU for some time now, they can't overlook State because of Miami the next week.

ACCFanInTraining
10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't think Miami will be a problem at all for FSU. They are in the running with Clemson for the most over-rated team.

But you're right about NCST. FSU's problem has always been maturity and keeping focus on each opponent throughout the season.

Bama_Man
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't think Miami will be a problem at all for FSU. They are in the running with Clemson for the most over-rated team.

But you're right about NCST. FSU's problem has always been maturity and keeping focus on each opponent throughout the season.

I understand the frustration, but I think you may be a little hard on Clemson. They may not be a top 5 team, but you guys are legit top 10-12 IMO.

Miami can run the ball, and that could cause problems for FSU. But I dont think Morris has it in him to beat a great defense. They barely beat UF and UF had 1124 turnovers AND Jeff Driskel LOL. Miami will be the best defense FSU has faced, but Miami hasnt seen anything like FSU's offense. Jimbo Fischer is a great offensive coach and they have an amazing set of WRs. The FSU coaching staff will probably set up some easy passes early to get Winston in rhythm then explode.

Overconfidence is FSU's biggest enemy right now, esp with State. If they just think they can show up and win, they will be in for a battle.

OxfordSeminole
10-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I understand the frustration, but I think you may be a little hard on Clemson. They may not be a top 5 team, but you guys are legit top 10-12 IMO.

Miami can run the ball, and that could cause problems for FSU. But I dont think Morris has it in him to beat a great defense. They barely beat UF and UF had 1124 turnovers AND Jeff Driskel LOL. Miami will be the best defense FSU has faced, but Miami hasnt seen anything like FSU's offense. Jimbo Fischer is a great offensive coach and they have an amazing set of WRs. The FSU coaching staff will probably set up some easy passes early to get Winston in rhythm then explode.

Overconfidence is FSU's biggest enemy right now, esp with State. If they just think they can show up and win, they will be in for a battle.

Best defense we've faced?

Their D is propped up by the **** teams they've played. The best passing game they've played is ranked like 89th in the country. Jameis and the boys are a damn bit better than 89th. FSU will DESTROY them.

ACCFanInTraining
10-23-2013, 10:30 AM

I might be. Its not that we lost to FSU, because they are a very good team. Its how we gave up in the 2nd half.

Bama_Man
10-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Best defense we've faced?

Their D is propped up by the **** teams they've played. The best passing game they've played is ranked like 89th in the country. Jameis and the boys are a damn bit better than 89th. FSU will DESTROY them.

No need to be a dick, I was just saying that statistically, Miami is the best defense FSU will face at this point in the season. Sure their stats may have been padded, but they have talent on that side of the ball. I figure FSU wins, comfortably, but it will be tougher than the Maryland or Pitt game.

2008 National Champions
10-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Look at this joke of s schedule.

How funny will it be if they go 12-0 but get shut out of the BCSNCG by Bama and Oregon?

http://i.imgur.com/MUv8ll7.png

ACCFanInTraining
10-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Only you can stop that 2008 :)

2008 National Champions
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Only you can stop that 2008 :)

I don't have much faith in that right now. lol

SCgamecock2988
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
For once FSU might actually be legit.

Wave&Dawgs
10-23-2013, 08:45 PM

How funny will it be if they go 12-0 but get shut out of the BCSNCG by Bama and Oregon?

Someone is butthurt. You're on crack if you think anyone is shutting out this FSU team.

OxfordSeminole
10-23-2013, 10:56 PM

If that last game on the 30th of Nov wasn't against such a ****storm of a team, maybe we'd have a stronger schedule.

Bama_Man
10-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Dude, tOSU's schedule is a joke

North Dakota State's schedule is tougher

v. Buffalo (40-20)
v. San Diego State (42-7)
at Cal (52-34)
v. Florida A&M (76-0)
v. Wisconsin (31-24)
at Northwestern (40-30)
OPEN
v. Iowa (34-24)
v. Penn State
at Purdue
OPEN
at Illinois
v. Michigan

That's 7 home games, and likely ONE, maybe two ranked teams on that schedule and none will be higher than 20th.

FSU beat top 5 Clemson, plays top 12 Miami, and a good Florida team. Even their conference games are much harder.

Playing Clemson alone trumps the whole tOSU schedule.

MKfromPA
10-25-2013, 07:30 PM

Ya'll get a perfect game to rebound. Maryland's offense is dropping like flies. CJ Brown is out; Deon Long and Stefon Diggs are done for the year. I doubt Caleb Rowe will do anything against Clemson. I feel like the Tigers will roll up the score here. Which makes me wonder why they are only 14 point favorites on the road. Best your team takes advantage.