Y'all watch the NC State/Clemson game? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Y'all watch the NC State/Clemson game?

Wanderin' Reb
09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
NC State got SCREWED late in the 3rd quarter on what would have been a go-ahead touchdown. The running back got called out of bounds on a long run and replays showed he was clearly IN all the way down.

The score doesn't show it, but it was a tight game.

I think that swung the momentum back towards Clemson and caused them to break it open.

I realize that "them's the breaks" and "**** happens", but things like that just piss me off every time I see them.

Carolina Razorback
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah State got jobbed by the officials on that one...Very clear he wasn't out of bounds.

Storm
09-20-2013, 09:42 AM
was the play challenged or reviewed?

Wanderin' Reb
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
was the play challenged or reviewed?

Nope.

The announcers said the replay official said something like the call that he stepped out was outside the 5 yard line so that deferred to the ruling on the field? I dunno.

All the replays showed him clearly in all the way down, though.

And then they fumbled.

Completely ****ed them.

Storm
09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
yeah, just saw it. Certainly looked inbounds.

Clemson offensive lineman should be suspended for that uppercut late in the game though.

Carolina Razorback
09-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Clemson offensive lineman should be suspended for that uppercut late in the game though.

http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-09-19/b64cb5c0-dbb0-4bf6-bd28-80a3fb181215_uppercut.gif

scgamecock312
09-20-2013, 12:05 PM
That is Clemson for ya.

I can't wait until we bust their a** for the 5th straight year.

Storm
09-20-2013, 12:24 PM
good luck....... this looks like the best team they've had in those 5 years

JRS
09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
As I watch that gif of Battle punching the NCSU player I flashback to when Clemson fans were calling our players a bunch of thugs.

IllinoisDawg63
09-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Piss poor reffing for not even reviewing that run if they weren't sure.

scgamecock312
09-20-2013, 01:02 PM
good luck....... this looks like the best team they've had in those 5 years

And they struggled mightily with NC State who almost lost to Richmond.

Not to mention we don't lose at home anymore.

Wanderin' Reb
09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah it looks like all it takes is a solid defense to put the brakes on Clemson.

USCe should beat the brakes off of them at home.

Carolina Razorback
09-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Florida St will beat Clemson in Death Valley...

Storm
09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
And they struggled mightily with NC State who almost lost to Richmond.

and they beat Georgia who beat you......So that really doesn't mean anything.

Yeah it looks like all it takes is a solid defense to put the brakes on Clemson.

USCe should beat the brakes off of them at home.

Georgia put up 41 and Vandy put up 25 on SC.......I don't see Clemson having much difficulty scoring on them.

ACCFanInTraining
09-20-2013, 03:55 PM
I thought he stayed in bounds too but when I look at it on replays I don't know.

http://cdn.sportstalksc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Out-of-bounds.jpg

Storm
09-20-2013, 04:03 PM
He does look out in that picture.

ACCFanInTraining
09-20-2013, 04:05 PM
The offense was way out of sync the entire night. The OL didn't wake up until the second half. Boyd never woke up. He overthrew two TDs, missed a lot of open guys, and reverted to scrambling out instead of stepping up in the pocket. I thought the RBs ran pretty hard but did a poor job of blocking. The WRs did a poor job of blocking. Really lucky to come out with a win. On the flip side, I thought the defense played better than usual. They started out bad with awful tackling/angles, but eventually got good pressure on the QB and the secondary only blew the coverage every 3-4 pass plays.

Overall, the team played with a lot more passion and effort against Georgia but still stoops to their competition in other games. They need to start knocking out teams by the 2nd quarter.

JRS
09-20-2013, 04:06 PM

Georgia put up 41 and Vandy put up 25 on SC.......I don't see Clemson having much difficulty scoring on them.

Exactly, this means nothing. We lost to LSU last season and they beat LSU, so that means Clemson beat us right?

Storm
09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm glad this game will be at the end of the season. I hate seeing big matchups really early. No team is ever playing their best ball in weeks 1-3.

ACCFanInTraining
09-20-2013, 04:24 PM
As I watch that gif of Battle punching the NCSU player I flashback to when Clemson fans were calling our players a bunch of thugs.

Takes one to know one :)

I'm actually ok with what Battle did. If you watch the full replay, he tried to walk away from the guy...even waved him off. The guy chased him down and got right in his face. Battle didn't have to reach very much to land a solid upper-cut. He'll be suspended and earned it. But I don't blame him too much

He's the left OT at 1:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uszAq96a8q8#t=99

JRS
09-20-2013, 05:03 PM
ACC, I know you didn't say anything about SC's players after the game last year, well at least not on this board. What I find funny is that some of the fans that are "OK" with what Battle did are the same ones that labeled Swearinger a thug because he has dreadlocks and flexed over Ellington. Also, doesn't matter what was said or happened before the punch, there is no place for fighting in football.

SCgamecock2988
09-20-2013, 05:37 PM
I no longer try to reason with Clemson fans. Pointless.

Storm
09-20-2013, 05:51 PM
yeah, to say you're fine with what he did is pretty ridiculous. It goes from a bit of jaw jacking to a full on uppercut Tyson style. He should get more than one game for that garbage. That's borderline close to Blount's sucker punch of the Boise State player, and that cost him a season.

Urb Gruber
09-20-2013, 05:59 PM
No need for that type of thuggery.

ACCFanInTraining
09-20-2013, 08:55 PM
yeah, to say you're fine with what he did is pretty ridiculous. It goes from a bit of jaw jacking to a full on uppercut Tyson style. He should get more than one game for that garbage. That's borderline close to Blount's sucker punch of the Boise State player, and that cost him a season.

I didn't say I was fine with it. I said I didn't blame him too much.

He tried to get away from the guy and the guy chased him and got in his face. I can't say I would do a lot different. It certainly was not a sucker punch.

RedNekTiger
09-20-2013, 10:01 PM
ACC, I know you didn't say anything about SC's players after the game last year, well at least not on this board. What I find funny is that some of the fans that are "OK" with what Battle did are the same ones that labeled Swearinger a thug because he has dreadlocks and flexed over Ellington. Also, doesn't matter what was said or happened before the punch, there is no place for fighting in football.

I disagree. There is a place for fighting in football. A cheap shot on your QB or something along those lines, I would expect one of my lineman to step up and nail the guy. Or like Terrell Owens dancing on the star in Dallas and Teague destroying him.

The situation here, nah, no need to punch him. But there are a few places.

Storm
09-21-2013, 01:18 AM
unless the other guy has his hands raised and is ready to go fist a cuffs, it's a sucker punch.

as for fighting in football, sure, if you're sticking up for your QB, or the opposing player has tried to injure one of your teammates, by all means, come to blows.

When is it not cool? When you're up 2 scores with 2 minutes left and there's nothing going on other than some talking.

scgamecock312
09-21-2013, 11:00 AM

And we won't have a problem putting up 50 on them.

ACCFanInTraining
09-21-2013, 04:39 PM
unless the other guy has his hands raised and is ready to go fist a cuffs, it's a sucker punch.

If a guy gets nose to nose with me, he's either trying to kiss me or wants to fight. Either way, he's getting punched. I thought this was pretty much understood in society?

Storm
09-21-2013, 09:34 PM
I didn't realize they were gangbangers out in the middle of the street......

Carolina Razorback
09-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Running the stairs...

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Sophomore offensive lineman Isaiah Battle will miss No. 3 Clemson's next game against Wake Forest after he was ejected for punching North Carolina State defensive back Jarvis Byrd last Thursday night.

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday that Battle would sit when the third-ranked Tigers (3-0, 1-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) return home to face the Demon Deacons on Saturday. Battle, from Brooklyn, N.Y., threw an uppercut that knocked Byrd to the turf late in Clemson's 26-14 victory over the Wolfpack.

Swinney said Battle was wrong and would also face punishment at each practice this week.

The coach said Battle was immediately remorseful when he returned to the sidelines and understood his actions were embarrassing to the school. Swinney said Battle also knows it's a mistake he can't make again.

Storm
09-23-2013, 12:14 PM
they are always remorseful when they get caught.