Is Mack Brown already "axed" at Texas..... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Is Mack Brown already "axed" at Texas.....

IllinoisDawg63
09-16-2013, 07:40 PM
and Florida isn't in love with Muschamp(who was Texas' coach-in-waitkng). Will UF roll the dice and let Muschamp go.....not saying Texas wants him now.;

ACCFanInTraining
09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
It would make no sense for Muschamp to go to Texas. Texas has already screwed him on the HC in waiting deal, why would he trust them a second time?

Besides Florida and Texas are two top programs in football. Why would Muschamp want to make a lateral move and inherit a team that is worse off than his current? Money? UT probably won't shell out enough to make him consider it (and his market value isn't great right now anyway)

Really Big Bama Fan
09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Things would be different now if Colt hadn't been hurt...

IllinoisDawg63
10-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Iowa St. 30. Texas 24. w/ 3:40 in the game. Texas hasn't done well on last 4 off drives.

SavageOrangeJug
10-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Iowa St. just got screwed.

Bubba
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Iowa State just got a double screw job !!!

IllinoisDawg63
10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Brown has pulled this win out of his ass......biggest FJob by Lil 12 refs!

Dawgilicious
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Texas recovered the 2nd fumble and on the first one you cant be 100% sure he wasnt down....Too many penalties for ISu tonight, especially on the last drive

IllinoisDawg63
10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Damn ...them pu$$y 'horns know they would get rolled by the Aggies if they hadn't ended the rivalry. Horns SUCK!!

2008 National Champions
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
and Florida isn't in love with Muschamp(who was Texas' coach-in-waitkng). Will UF roll the dice and let Muschamp go.....not saying Texas wants him now.;

Florida wouldnt stop him if he wanted to leave.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Bubba
10-04-2013, 01:39 AM
to be the Texas head coach, you have to be a better politician than coach.

unless the guard has changed and they now want to win at all costs. they can afford the best coaches in the business.

if i was the Texas AD, i would throw the bank at Art Briles and watch the BCS bowls roll in. go get an aggressive DC too...

RedNekTiger
10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
UT fans do not want Art Briles. It rankles them that they would have to take the coach of a "lower" school like Baylor.

Stupid UT fans.

Herchel
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
UT fans do not want Art Briles. It rankles them that they would have to take the coach of a "lower" school like Baylor.

Stupid UT fans.
Would they feel the same way about Patterson?

Bubba
10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Would they feel the same way about Patterson?

I agree. Doesn't make sense.

RedNekTiger
10-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Probably wouldn't about Patterson, because he is more nationally established. I am not a Texas fan, and I am just going off the crap I here them spew. For example, they laughed at the Sumlin hire, saying that A&M had to go get lowly UH's coach and his "gimmick" offense because a good coach wouldn't be interested. And now, they say as soon as Manziel is gone, A&M will fall back and Sumlin will be exposed.

It is the believe of the Texas fanbase I encounter that they can get anyone they want. They want Nick Saban. They want Pete Carroll. They want Urban Meyer. They want Jon Gruden.

There are two thing University of Texas fans are not short on, arrogance and delusion.

IllinoisDawg63
10-04-2013, 12:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1PzSEzfvXy8. Rhoads has every right to rant!

Heck Pup
10-04-2013, 07:47 PM
ISU had like 118 penalty yards.

2008 National Champions
10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1PzSEzfvXy8. Rhoads has every right to rant!

lol, I like his showmanship and all, but I'm sure his players will get over it.

What a terrible call, tho, wow.

Cuz
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I aint axed Texas yet if dey want a new corch.
Congresswoman Corine Brown.
Go Gaytuh.

Subrookie
10-04-2013, 09:23 PM
to be the Texas head coach, you have to be a better politician than coach.

unless the guard has changed and they now want to win at all costs. they can afford the best coaches in the business.

if i was the Texas AD, i would throw the bank at Art Briles and watch the BCS bowls roll in. go get an aggressive DC too...

The AD at UT is retiring this year if he already hasn't retired. I wouldn't be surprised if they make Mack Brown AD at the end of the season and get him out of coaching. Either way he doesn't coach another season at UT.

If they had lost that game to ISU he would have been Kiffined in Austin.

Bubba
10-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Here's the info I received from a Texas booster, through a middle man.

Andrew Luck's dad, the AD at West Virginia will be brought on at UT and he will be the one that fires Mack Brown. Since Mack and Dodds are very close friends, Dodd informed the administration that he will not fire Mack, thus he got pushed out. When Luck is hired at UT, he will be the one that fires Mack. Since Luck has ties to Stanford, they are going to go after David Shaw and Harbaugh. Their first priority is to hire an African American!! He then said that they like what Sumlin is doing at A&M. At this point, I started to say "it's not because he is black, it's because they are in the SEC", but I held back. David Shaw is their first choice and Harbaugh second. Others being considered are Charlie Strong and Pete Carroll. I asked about Saban and he told me that they didn't think they were going to get Saban so they moved on. I asked about Patterson and he said that they didn't think he could handle the constant PR in Austin and he was not a consideration

georgiaguy31015
10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
The talking heads seem to think it's all but done for Brown and Texas but I'm not so sure. He wins next week which I realize is a huge huge order that could really help his cause.

georgiaguy31015
10-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Why would Harbaugh or Carroll for that matter leave two very good NFL teams for Texas?

RedNekTiger
10-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Here's the info I received from a Texas booster, through a middle man.

Andrew Luck's dad, the AD at West Virginia will be brought on at UT and he will be the one that fires Mack Brown. Since Mack and Dodds are very close friends, Dodd informed the administration that he will not fire Mack, thus he got pushed out. When Luck is hired at UT, he will be the one that fires Mack. Since Luck has ties to Stanford, they are going to go after David Shaw and Harbaugh. Their first priority is to hire an African American!! He then said that they like what Sumlin is doing at A&M. At this point, I started to say "it's not because he is black, it's because they are in the SEC", but I held back. David Shaw is their first choice and Harbaugh second. Others being considered are Charlie Strong and Pete Carroll. I asked about Saban and he told me that they didn't think they were going to get Saban so they moved on. I asked about Patterson and he said that they didn't think he could handle the constant PR in Austin and he was not a consideration

The WVU fanbase will help Luck pack.

Bama_Man
10-06-2013, 01:12 PM
LOL at Harbaugh.

Texas fans are pretty f'n delusional if they think Harbaugh is leaving San Fran, where he has played in the NFC title game twice, won one, and played in a Super Bowl...after three years!

Shaw not leaving Stanford for UT either. I cant imagine he is truly their first choice, he knows nothing about Texas, he knows the PAC-12 but not the B12, etc..

Patterson would be a better get, Texas would be back to having great defenses again.
Art Briles would be fun, but Texas is too arrogant to hire him.

That only leaves one person:

Lane Kiffin will be the next coach at Texas

IllinoisDawg63
10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
LOL at Harbaugh.

Texas fans are pretty f'n delusional if they think Harbaugh is leaving San Fran, where he has played in the NFC title game twice, won one, and played in a Super Bowl...after three years!

Shaw not leaving Stanford for UT either. I cant imagine he is truly their first choice, he knows nothing about Texas, he knows the PAC-12 but not the B12, etc..

Patterson would be a better get, Texas would be back to having great defenses again.

Lane Kiffin will be the next coach at TexasThat's a pretty good laugh adding Kiffin to the list .....but a good fit, gives me more reason to pull for anyone playing the queers.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-06-2013, 01:46 PM
LOL at Harbaugh.

Lane Kiffin will be the next coach at Texas

Kiffin would be an excellent fit at Texas. He already has the requisite obnoxiousness, and he has proven that he can consistently underachieve with superior athletes.

Bama_Man
10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Kiffin would be an excellent fit at Texas. He already has the requisite obnoxiousness, and he has proven that he can consistently underachieve with superior athletes.

Boom! I set it up, and you knock it out of the park lol.

ugabrad
10-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Stupid UT fans.

But don't they consider all other schools to be "lower" schools? Wouldn't that attitude eliminate all current head coaches?

RedNekTiger
10-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but they consider some schools, like Bama, Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, Michigan........to be just a tier below them. Worthy of allowing their head coach to step up and beg for the Texas job.

They really are close to that arrogant.

Bama_Man
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
RNT is right. If the Texas medical department is unable to figure out how to unthaw the cryogenically frozen Royal, they are gonna hire Lane Kiffin. Coached in the NFL and USC, only person worthy of their consideration.

Bubba
10-06-2013, 05:43 PM
the texas arrogance is going to hinder their vision in obtaining a good coach.

i think Art Briles would be a walkoff grandslam. i just dont think the 2 like each other.

Patterson would be a ground double.

Kiffin would be an infield pop fly.

Paul Rhodes would even be decent base hit.

ACCFanInTraining
10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
If Texas fires Brown, I expect Chad Morris will be one of their top candidates :(

2008 National Champions
10-11-2013, 07:02 PM

:lol:

2008 National Champions
10-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Pete carroll? Lol. He's having way too much fun in Seattle. He built that team why on earth would he leave now that he has them contending for a Super Bowl? Same goes for Harbaugh.

Subrookie
10-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Pete carroll? Lol. He's having way too much fun in Seattle. He built that team why on earth would he leave now that he has them contending for a Super Bowl? Same goes for Harbaugh.

Pete Carroll is quite content to work outside the pesky rules the NCAA has like playing players.

2008 National Champions
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I think it's certain pete carroll will return to college football some day. But i think he's going to run through this current seahawks situation before he goes back. You know he wants a super bowl ring.

Cuz
10-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Texas has faded now that A&M beat them to the SEC. I really do not see the care about their coaching job. Fire Mack Brown and I will give you Todd Grantham as a head coach. I am ready to fire him at UGA, send him to a silly ass school who thinks they are the best school in the country for football. Here is a clue. You are not even in the top three in your state. Silly as$ Longhorns.

Subrookie
10-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Texas has faded now that A&M beat them to the SEC. I really do not see the care about their coaching job. Fire Mack Brown and I will give you Todd Grantham as a head coach. I am ready to fire him at UGA, send him to a silly ass school who thinks they are the best school in the country for football. Here is a clue. You are not even in the top three in your state. Silly as$ Longhorns.

They probably have more money than the other two schools combined though. And, money talks when you're hiring a bead coach. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw money at coaches like Spurrier. They're arrogant enough to think they could hire anyone.

Trav
10-12-2013, 06:21 AM
I do believe Kiffen at UT would be great for me. Not only a coach I hate at a school I hate, but he would hit the trifecta on schools I hate.

Carolina Razorback
10-12-2013, 09:20 AM

Must spread...

IllinoisDawg63
10-12-2013, 03:00 PM
FireBobStoops.com. LOL!!

MKfromPA
10-12-2013, 08:11 PM

Did you hear his comments about being fired? Haha, what a joke he is! Sorry Lane, shoulda done what you wanted when you had the chance! :lol:

Bama_Man
10-12-2013, 08:16 PM
FireBobStoops.com. LOL!!

LOL! +1

I was gonna post something about Stoops and LOLahoma choking again on the national stage to a bad Texas team. Hahaha, Stoops is always looking stupid.

Didn't a mediocre Ole Miss team take Texas to the woodshed? LOL again at Oklahoma

MKfromPA
10-12-2013, 08:31 PM
LOL! +1

I was gonna post something about Stoops and LOLahoma choking again on the national stage to a bad Texas team. Hahaha, Stoops is always looking stupid.

Didn't a mediocre Ole Miss team take Texas to the woodshed? LOL again at Oklahoma

Rep must spread.

Choaklahoma once again! I'm glad Texas won this game. Goes to show you can't take your rival lightly even when you are favored by 14.5 points. Nice win, Texas. Now go celebrate by eating some fried food at the fair! :smokin:

2008 National Champions
10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
I can't believe Texas beat them so badly. If I were a Texas fan I would just hope this didn't save Mack's job. They really need some new blood with new ideas.

Bama_Man
10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Rep must spread.

Choaklahoma once again! I'm glad Texas won this game. Goes to show you can't take your rival lightly even when you are favored by 14.5 points. Nice win, Texas. Now go celebrate by eating some fried food at the fair! :smokin:

Agreed on all points. I just laugh at Oklahoma. After Stoops ran his mouth about the SEC, he goes and loses to an inferior team that got mollywhopped by a middle of the pack SEC team. L-O-L! Hahaha

MKfromPA
10-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Agreed on all points. I just laugh at Oklahoma. After Stoops ran his mouth about the SEC, he goes and loses to an inferior team that got mollywhopped by a middle of the pack SEC team. L-O-L! Hahaha

Exactly. Stoops can't even take care of business with his team. Talk about setting a bad example: making unnecessary comments about the SEC, causing him and his players to lose focus on a BIG game for him, his football team, university, and state. Wow. Choking at its finest! :)

Heck Pup
10-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I would say "No" at this particular juncture.

MKfromPA
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I heard on ESPN radio today that because Mack Brown won this game he has job security for another 5 years. :rotf:

Cuz
10-14-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree with HP, beat Oklihomie and you got another year.

IllinoisDawg63
10-14-2013, 10:39 PM
I agree with HP, beat Oklihomie and you got another year.Didn't even forge the check!! To be an Okie"chokie" fan and have this buttwhipping by what could be close to Texas' worst team in 50 yrs +. Couldn't happen to a better HC than Bob "The Man" Stoops. It's just mind boggling that Texas could let 700+ yds be given up in 1 game alone, then to actually dominate OU like this. We'll see how outspoken Stoops is on the SEC now. I wouldn't be seen wearing OU **** for a better part of 2 yrs if living in Big 12 country.

Cuz
10-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Well the Okie Chokies did beat Choker Dame. :rotf:

And we think we have problems. If we look outside our small box, the big box is kind of funny. :)

RedNekTiger
10-15-2013, 09:37 AM
If they make a change, a new name has been floated around a lot.....Hugh Freeze.

georgiaguy31015
10-15-2013, 09:42 PM
That would be an interesting choice RNT, any ties there? If not why pick him? Not a knock on Freeze just a question. I believe Mack may have saved his job for now unless they tank against someone like Kansas which they want to do or something.