College Gameday to Broadcast from Fargo North Dakota [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday to Broadcast from Fargo North Dakota

Carolina Razorback
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Really?!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412219/

FARGO – It’s been a sleepless week for the marketing folks in the North Dakota State University athletic department. It got even crazier Saturday morning when ESPN confirmed it is bringing its popular “College GameDay” pregame show to Fargo next Saturday.

Yes, instead of Michigan, Alabama or USC, Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso and Desmond Howard will be broadcasting from somewhere on the NDSU campus, most likely near the Fargodome, before the Bison host Delaware State at 2:30 p.m. The show airs from 9-11 a.m.

“It’s huge, probably the biggest thing that ever happened to Fargo and North Dakota State in terms of athletics,” said NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor. “We’ve had championships and those things, but in terms of recognition … the exposure will be phenomenal.”

Phenomenal in terms of viewers. ESPN, in a company release, said its college football coverage last Saturday averaged 5.6 million viewers per hour over 15 hours of coverage.

Taylor said a pre-production crew from ESPN will fly to Fargo today to look at logistics of where to construct the set. Background priorities include campus buildings or the stadium. Taylor said the tailgating parking lots, which normally open five hours before kickoff, may be opened earlier to accommodate the show.

Heck Pup
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Is this a joke?

Storm
09-17-2013, 03:16 PM
funny. They'll probably got to Northwestern in a couple weeks for the ohio state/Northwestern game. Assuming both teams are still undefeated.

Dawgilicious
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
funny. They'll probably got to Northwestern in a couple weeks for the ohio state/Northwestern game. Assuming both teams are still undefeated.

or maybe northwestern/michigan too

Storm
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
not after the Akron showing :lol:

MKfromPA
09-17-2013, 04:44 PM
That's awesome! I think it is a GREAT idea for Gameday to be in Fargo. NDSU deserves the coverage and attention. They won the FCS Championship last year, they upset Kansas State this year, so why not? It will be great for the school, fans, and the program to garner all the attention Gameday will bring.

MKfromPA
09-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Anybody end up watching Gameday from Fargo? For those who did, how did it turn out? I missed out.

Subrookie
09-25-2013, 07:41 PM
I saw a little of it. Personally I thought it was a good idea for Gameday to go there for the reasons you mentioned. I've been through Fargo a half a dozen times and they are strong Bison fans there. I thought the city represented well.

ugabrad
09-25-2013, 08:44 PM
They renamed their Bison mascot Corso in honor of the occasion.

MKfromPA
09-27-2013, 06:21 PM
I saw a little of it. Personally I thought it was a good idea for Gameday to go there for the reasons you mentioned. I've been through Fargo a half a dozen times and they are strong Bison fans there. I thought the city represented well.

That's awesome the residents of Fargo, ND love their team. I'd love to make it out to ND some day. Would be pretty cool to take in a game there. I understand they play in a dome, no? I can see that because of how cold it gets and all the snow that falls. Maybe Gameday will come back in the future. IMO as long as the program continues to win, I don't see why not.

Carolina Razorback
09-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Anybody end up watching Gameday from Fargo?

Yah, you betcha.

I saw a bunch of good signs. One I read was we want Bama :lol:

I also noticed most of the fans were wearing toboggans and jackets. Musta been chilly...