SI.Com Part 1 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : SI.Com Part 1

Herchel
09-10-2013, 01:30 PM
http://m.si.com/3359598/special-report-on-oklahoma-state-football-part-1-the-money/

RedNekTiger
09-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Lot's of denials and cross allegations and finger pointing firing out after the first release.

Honestly, I could care less how this effects Okie Light at this point. My question, which I don't think has been answered yet, is simply, "Was Les Miles involved?"

Right now, I think that is going to be yes. If that is the case, he needs to leave LSU.

scgamecock312
09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Meh. Seems just like that Auburn story a while back. Some players who don't get their way or make it find ways to make a buck.

Bama_Man
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
This is nothing like Auburn IMO. Auburn was one player in a mess, this is widespread corruption throughout the program for a decade. Its serious allegations too.

RNT, it seems like theres no doubt Les Miles was involved in this. The statute of limitations is in play, but the NCAA can work around that and go after Miles for a pattern of corruption if it exists. I don't know if Miles can be punished, but I do know this will look terrible at his feet, same with Gundy.

scgamecock312
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
They actually have to prove something happened first

Urb Gruber
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
The only thing surprising about this is that we did not find out sooner.

Dawgilicious
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
yeah there were some real good players that were a part of this. Of course the past coaches will deny it before they speak with their attorney's and find out what they do. The unfortunate thing is the main people involved are no longer alive like Williams who was fatally shot in Denver in 2007. "Involved" for these coaches has many different meanings. Something is in there and SI went after this story and not the other way around. Only time will tell

Bama_Man
09-10-2013, 02:51 PM
They actually have to prove something happened first

You hardly ever hear players admit they took money and the like, apparently several players had no issues whatsoever telling SI that they took money or knew that other players took money.

That in itself looks bad for Ok. State. If your players are willing to throw your school and your coaches under the bus with almost no provocation and so blatantly, that shows that those players had no real connection with the school.

scgamecock312
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I have said this many times, but it doesn't bother me. Every school cheats to an extent and I'm not referring to coaches. Some coaches more than likely do, and some probably put boosters in the right place. This may have happened but they will have a very hard time proving it. Some things you just can't stop like boosters etc.