Michael Dyer to Louisvile [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Michael Dyer to Louisvile

Carolina Razorback
08-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer will transfer to Louisville.

"I am ready to start a new chapter in my life," Dyer said in a statement released through Arkansas Baptist College, where he earned his associate degree this year. "I've learned from my past and feel that Louisville is the best place to play the second half of my collegiate career. I thank God for Coach [Charlie] Strong's belief in me. I am not going to let him down."

Michael Dyer helped Auburn to a national title as a freshman before incidents involving drugs and weapons at Auburn and later Arkansas State left him without a place to play.
Dyer had considered other schools before choosing Louisville, which already will be his fourth collegiate stop.

"I was looking for something other than a great football program," Dyer said. "I wanted a support system that would continue help me develop socially, emotionally and spiritually. Most people know that I can play football and I know that I am very capable academically. But this decision is about more than just football. It is about me as a person."

Louisville cannot comment on Dyer until he officially enrolls, but Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater told ESPN's Joe Schad earlier this week that his teammates are open to Dyer joining the team. Dyer visited Louisville last week.

Dyer will be a junior and is eligible to play immediately for the Cardinals, who are ranked ninth in the USA Today preseason coaches' poll.

Herchel
08-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I hope he turns his life around. Maybe he is sincere.

SkyAntoine
08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
If he hasn't, then he's picked the perfect place. I hope the young man lays off the drugs and regrets this decision the rest of his life.

Carolina Razorback
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
He's lucky to get another shot. He'd better make the most of it...

Bama_Man
08-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Agree 100%.

If he has sincerely realized the error of his past ways, lays off the synthetic weed, gets rid of all his guns (people forget, he didnt rob anyone or anything, he only let one of the guys use his gun and he swears he didnt give them permission), he could be a huge valuable commodity for a great UoL team and really set them up to play for a national title.

Friedchickenman
08-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Hope he does well...part of me feels though it's only a matter of time with him. Sort of similar to the Honey Badger really.

MKfromPA
08-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Agree 100%.

If he has sincerely realized the error of his past ways, lays off the synthetic weed, gets rid of all his guns (people forget, he didnt rob anyone or anything, he only let one of the guys use his gun and he swears he didnt give them permission), he could be a huge valuable commodity for a great UoL team and really set them up to play for a national title.

I agree. Maybe he needs a change of scenery too. Sometimes a kick in the butt can wake one up from trouble. It would be a nice story for him to make the most of the opportunity at U of L. He's also fortunate to have 2 years of eligibility remaining.