B1G announces new divsion for 2014 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : B1G announces new divsion for 2014

IllinoisDawg63
04-29-2013, 12:00 AM
With the new addition of Rutgers and Maryland, the conference has re-aligned into East and West. East teams being Rutgers,Maryland, Indiana, MSU, Michigan, Penn St and OSU. West being Illinois,Iowa,Wiscy, Purdue, N'western, Nebraska , and Minnesota.,

Storm
04-29-2013, 08:21 AM
While it makes sense, the East is going to dominate the West forever. Right now, Nebraska is going to walk into the conference title game about 7 years in a row.

BamaHoHo
04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
BIG 10 Finally doing the right thing and changing the Division names (http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93753&highlight=big+10+divisional+names)

Storm
04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
that thread was the unofficial announcement. It's been finalized since then

Urb Gruber
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
While it makes sense, the East is going to dominate the West forever. Right now, Nebraska is going to walk into the conference title game about 7 years in a row.

Wisconsin disagrees.

IllinoisDawg63
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
While it makes sense, the East is going to dominate the West forever. Right now, Nebraska is going to walk into the conference title game about 7 years in a row.Disagree with that on the standpoint that I don't feel Pelini may be there for much longer if they have many more blowout losses.

MKfromPA
05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Wisconsin disagrees.

Yep I agree. IMO if Iowa can get back to its level of prestige it has shown then I expect them to make a few trips to the Big Ten Champ Game. Ferentz is capable of building a winner, he just needs to get his rear in gear this year!

Storm
05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Iowa won't be back until the get rid of Ferentz.

MKfromPA
05-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Iowa won't be back until the get rid of Ferentz.

In that case, it might be a while then. Ferentz's contract is tricky to dump. If the school fires him, Ferentz is owed 75% of his annual salary until the contract expires. That is a fairly large price to pay just to get rid of him. Plus, the school would have to pay to hire a new coach. Given that, I don't see the university pursuing that option. Ferentz has demonstrated he can do great things at Iowa. But his team has struggled the past 3 seasons with a combined .500 record. That is why the pressure is on him this year to be successful.