Belmont wins OVC [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Belmont wins OVC

rolling baby
03-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Woot....

MKfromPA
03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm mixed about this. First, congrats to the Bruins of Belmont for playing a whale of a game. They definitely earned the W. The good in this I see is that it very likely saves a bid for a bubble team. Belmont presents a strong case for an at-large. IMO they probably get in if they lose. On the other hand, Murray State played well and this would have been a great story for them, upsetting the #1 seed and getting revenge from their previous meeting. Nonetheless, I was very grateful to watch a splendid basketball game.

Urb Gruber
03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I like to see both Belmont and Murray State do well in Baseketball. I'm happy to see Belmont win the OVC and hope they can make a little noise in the tourney.

MKfromPA
03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I like to see both Belmont and Murray State do well in Baseketball. I'm happy to see Belmont win the OVC and hope they can make a little noise in the tourney.

They're going to be a tough draw, IMO. They've played some Big Six schools - W at Stanford, L at KU - and have a few other nice Ws. I feel they might be a top 5 "upset" pick in the first round.

boxvic
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm wearing a Murray State hoodie right now... this season didn't turn out very well.

rolling baby
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I spoke with Steve Prohm. His pop was an azz hat, though.