Oregon boosters got their wish?? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon boosters got their wish??

GatorMan32
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
FootballScoop Staff‏@footballscoop

Well… RT @mortreport: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

FootballScoop Staff‏@footballscoop

Sources close to the situation confirm @mortreport's report that Chip Kelly is leaving for the Eagles. Wow

Carolina Razorback
01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Guess we won't have to worry about Oregon being relevant for a while...

Just Some Hog Dude
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Guess we won't have to worry about Oregon being relevant for a while...

The same thing was said about Stanford when Harbaugh left.

GatorMan32
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Belotti set them up, Chip built it further. depends on who is next more than simply Chip leaving.

CaribbeanTide
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Wasn't the general opinion that their OC would move into the head coaching slot?

Either way they have the resources there to keep it humming along - assuming the NCAA situation isn't too dire

Jimmy Reb
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Was not expecting this!

Storm
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
NCAA infractions for Oregon dropping in 3......2......1......

MKfromPA
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM

This was my first thought as soon as I heard the news Kelly left. I too am awaiting for this to happen! lol

Urb Gruber
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM

I wonder how many people will hate Chip Kelly the way they hate Pete Carroll for leaving town before the NCAA comes calling. I'd say less than 50% will. Fk'n hypocrites...

Carolina Razorback
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Are there going to be sanctions forthcoming at Oregon?

Naval Aviator
01-16-2013, 09:32 PM

EXACTLY! Kelly is deserting a sinking ship.

SavageOrangeJug
01-17-2013, 07:36 AM
GREAT! We play Oregon at their place next season. Glad to see him gone.

Good luck, Chip!

GatorMan32
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
EXACTLY! Kelly is deserting a sinking ship.leaving before sanctions hit should be called Carroll'ing.

TexasFight
01-18-2013, 04:06 PM
GREAT! We play Oregon at their place next season. Glad to see him gone.

Good luck, Chip!

No offense, but the Oregon brass could drag a hobo off the streets of Eugene to coach the Ducks and still beat Tennessee.

Carolina Razorback
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Ding Ding Ding... (Ding Ding Ding...)

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The University of Oregon proposed a self-imposed two-year probation and the loss of a scholarship for three years because of possible recruiting violations involving the Ducks' football program.

The university released documents late Monday that included a proposed summary disposition from September which discusses the violations and characterizes at least one as "major." The contents of the documents were first reported by KATU television in Portland.

The NCAA began looking into possible violations following reports about payments Oregon made to recruiting services, including a $25,000 payment to Willie Lyles and Houston-based Complete Scouting Services in 2010. Lyles had a connection with an Oregon recruit.

Oregon and the NCAA failed to come to an agreement on the matter and the case is expected to go before the infractions committee this year.

The NCAA will not comment on the ongoing investigations.

Oregon's athletic department issued a statement.

"The review is ongoing until the NCAA Committee on Infractions issues its final report. The integrity of the process and our continued full cooperation with the NCAA prohibits us from publicly discussing the specifics of this matter," the statement said.

The university released 515 pages of documents on Monday night in response to public records requests. The documents were heavily redacted.

The summary disposition report included details of Oregon's relationship with Lyles. Following allegations of possible violations, Oregon released information that Lyles had produced but it was largely outdated.

"There were underlying major violations coupled with failure to monitor violations involving the head coach (2009 through 2011) and the athletics department (2008-2011)," the report said. "While the violations were not intentional in nature, coaches and administrators of a sports program at an NCAA member institution have an obligation to ensure that the activities being engaged in comply with NCAA legislation."

Chip Kelly was head coach of the Ducks for the past three seasons. He left Oregon to become head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles earlier this year.

"I am aware of the recent reports and of the ongoing investigation being conducted by the NCAA and the University of Oregon. While at Oregon, I know we were fully cooperative with all aspects of the investigation and I will continue to contribute in any way that I can. But until the NCAA rules on the matter, I will have no further comment," Kelly said Tuesday in a statement released by the Eagles.

Ducks offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich was promoted to head coach at Oregon following Kelly's departure.

Urb Gruber
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
I wonder how many people will hate Chip Kelly the way they hate Pete Carroll for leaving town before the NCAA comes calling. I'd say less than 50% will. Fk'n hypocrites...

I don't see too many people hating on Chip Kelly for leaving Oregon on the social networking sites. Hmm...

MKfromPA
04-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Oooo man, I'd hate to be O of U right now. It's not going to be fun sitting in front of the NCAA infractions committee. We've already seen what kind of penalties have been handed down. Considering this probe into Oregon's football program was inevitably coming, I think they're going to feel it. I would NOT be surprised to see serious penalties dealt out.

IBCW
06-26-2013, 11:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9424556/oregon-ducks-put-probation-ncaa-loses-scholarship

Oregon Loses 1 whole scholarship......NCAA...you suck!

Bamadan
06-26-2013, 03:12 PM
More selective enforcement by the NCAA. It's a wonder they hit tOSU hard.

Subrookie
06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't see too many people hating on Chip Kelly for leaving Oregon on the social networking sites. Hmm...

They're not exactly being easy on him either.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9424556/oregon-ducks-put-probation-ncaa-loses-scholarship

Overall a pretty light sentence. Although they do lose a little more than 1 scholarship:

UO's official paid recruiting visits will be limited to 37 for the next three years. Maximum allowed is 56. Oregon had averaged 41 over its previous four academic years, according to the report.
Also reduced were the permissible number of fall football evaluation days from 42 to 36, over the next three years. Spring football evaluation days are cut to 144 (from 168) in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Oregon is banned from the use of recruiting services during the probationary period.

Oregon sells itself even without paid recruiting visits. What this says really is that if you hire a good legal firm that bills at $350/hour you can get out of these kinds of violations.

SavageOrangeJug
06-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Chip Kelly got an 18 month show cause. Like that hurts him in any way.

LSUFreek already has it covered.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1680957/5b8.gif

MKfromPA
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM

:facepalm: What a joke.... go figure the NCAA would not drop the hammer.

Fatboy
06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
State got worse for a hundred dollar handshake.

Dawgilicious
06-27-2013, 12:45 PM
they lost more than a scholarship....There are more things that they lost that will hurt them in recruiting, plus if Chip decides he wants to come back to college soon, it will be difficult. We all know Nick Saban didn't last in Miami long so its always a possibility

MKfromPA
07-01-2013, 11:56 AM
they lost more than a scholarship....There are more things that they lost that will hurt them in recruiting, plus if Chip decides he wants to come back to college soon, it will be difficult. We all know Nick Saban didn't last in Miami long so its always a possibility

Good points.

IMO Kelly will probably attempt to stay away from the college game for a few to several years. At the very least until this situation is passed by at Oregon. I think Saban left LSU to give the NFL a shot, did he not? I saw Kelly's departure as more of an escape from what was the inevitable violations at UO.