Oregon Boosters want to run Chip Kelly out of town? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Boosters want to run Chip Kelly out of town?

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 11:01 AM
They must put crack in the water up there.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/19/oregon-boosters-chip-kelly/1780429/

"A number of substantial Oregon football boosters, many of whom requested anonymity, expressed a widespread annoyance with Kelly. The coach with the highest winning percentage (45-7, 86.5 percent) among BCS conference coaches is at odds with many of those closest to the Oregon program. Although most would agree Kelly is an extraordinary coach, he doesn't care much for the many other obligations that come with his job."

Another Oregon alum, Jack Roberts, told Locanthi, "Some of the college boosters have gone as far as to say, 'I hope he does leave so we can get somebody who appreciates the fans.' "

And Kelly won't even golf with boosters. While Brooks and Bellotti would schmooze at the annual golf fundraiser, Kelly sent assistants in his stead in 2011. "When he did come to the tournament this year, according to several boosters, he didn't mingle and partnered with a small, select group," Locanthi writes.

Oh, and then there's this: Kelly "treats the press like a malignant tumor." The gall! How dare he!

Locanthi quotes Rob Moseley, the Oregon beat writer for The Register-Guard: "If you approached Bellotti with a frivolous question, he would still go out of his way to try to give you something to work with. Chip will not."

With the NCAA investigating, the boosters complaining and the NFL interested, wouldn't be surprised if these bozos get their wish.

GR8NESS
12-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Idiots.

Storm
12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
so he's not an ass kisser......yeah, better get rid of him. smh

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 11:34 AM
glad you understand LOL

MKfromPA
12-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe the boosters should start supporting Oregon State. :lol:

Herchel
12-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe he will pull a Pete Carroll and skip town one step ahead of the NCAA.

Trav
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
The fact he doesn't golf with the boosters makes me like him.

GatorMan32
12-24-2012, 01:28 PM
The fact he doesn't golf with the boosters makes me like him.

Best I could do in a few minutes but it seemed to fit.

Athletic Director Belotti: *Consider yourself under Contempt!*

Booster: *Coach Kelly, did you say you won't golf?*

Athletic Director Belotti: You *don't* have to answer that question!

Coach Kelly: I'll answer the question!

[to Boosters]
Coach Kelly: You want golf?

Booster: I think I'm entitled to.

Coach Kelly: *You want golf outings?*

Booster: *I want the tee time!*

Coach Kelly: *You can't handle the Chip on the golf course!*
[pauses]

Coach Kelly: Son, we live in a world that has football teams, and those football teams have to be coached by men with balls. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Knight? (Just kidding sir, I know you own me). I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for tee time, and you curse the slow golfers in front of you. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That while you golf alone, while tragic, probably led to wins. And my lack of concern for your feelings, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves wins. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like commitment, uptempo, touchdowns. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent scoring on someone's team. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way Nancy, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a dry erase board, and draw up some plays that work. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Booster: Did you order the 50 new uniform combinations?

Coach Kelly: I did the job I...

Booster: *Did you order the 50 new uniform combinations?*

Coach Kelly: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

Wave&Dawgs
12-24-2012, 01:45 PM
College football fans/boosters are the most crazed lunatics in all of sports.

Carolina Razorback
12-25-2012, 07:22 AM
so he's not an ass kisser......yeah, better get rid of him. smh

I like this guy now...He'll be a good fit for the NFL...