Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

Carolina Razorback
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll
1. Arkansas
2. North Carolina
3. Vanderbilt
4. LSU
5. UCLA
6. Oregon
7. South Carolina
8. Kentucky
9. Stanford
10. Oregon State
11. NC State
12. San Diego
13. Mississippi State
14. Oklahoma
15. TCU
16. Arizona State
17. Georgia Tech
18. Arizona
19. Florida State
20. Rice
21. Texas
22. Louisville
23. Cal State Fullerton
24. Florida
25. Ole Miss

Dawgilicious
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
hopefully David perno loses a lot of games so we can finally make a change

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 09:49 AM
lost a lot last year. will be an interesting year for Florida. expect this year's team to be about pitching, defense and creating runs with speed opposed to all of the power hitters the last few years.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Sooie Pigs!

The Hogs had a killer pitching staff last season. I had predicted them last season, in the preseaon, as top 3 pitching staff. They held that mark all season long.

This season, the nuts of that group return, with the 3 starters in the rotation all projected as top 15 MLB draftees, (3rd, 6th and 15th). If there is a better starting rotation out there this season, I'd like to know where?

Also, the Razoback bats should be much stronger, which all spells havoc for opponents. Anything less than a solid showing in Omaha will be a disappointment.

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Arkansas has a good shot to recapture the CWS title for the SEC.

I hope Florida can come together to be a team late that can make a run at the CWS.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-21-2012, 12:41 PM
From Collegiate Baseball>

... The No. 1 ranking marks the first time in program history that the Razorbacks will open the season as the nation’s top-ranked team.

The Razorbacks return 10 pitchers from last year’s pitching staff... In the NCAA tournament, Razorback pitchers compiled a 1.92 team ERA, including a team ERA of 1.80 in the College World Series.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2012-12-20/arkansas-captures-no-1-spot-collegiate-baseball-preseason-poll

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM

I hope Florida can come together to be a team late that can make a run at the CWS.

I got a sneaking feeling that Florida will find a way to hold it's own. If anyone is underrated in this poll, it is Florida.

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
nah after all that was lost you gotta start them low. its good that so many freshmen got quality ABs and innings last year. it will help transition from that stellar group to the team this year.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
nah after all that was lost you gotta start them low. its good that so many freshmen got quality ABs and innings last year. it will help transition from that stellar group to the team this year.

My point is, though Florida may be a little green, the talent level is not lacking.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM

The NCAA Baseball championship has yet never shined on the Hogs.

I hope this is the season that Arkansas completes the trifecta.

SkyAntoine
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Highest pre-season ranking for UK ever. GBB!

GatorMan32
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
The NCAA Baseball championship has yet never shined on the Hogs.

I hope this is the season that Arkansas completes the trifecta.i hear ya Florida has never won it and i really thought one of the last two years would have brought it.

fodive
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
i hear ya Florida has never won it and i really thought one of the last two years would have brought it.

Sorry about that. :)

GatorMan32
12-22-2012, 08:51 AM
lol repped you. it does suck that Florida's best run happened to coincide with one of the more incredible post season runs in the history of the sport by Carolina. most any other time in the sport that team wins at least one probably.

dawgstud
12-22-2012, 10:56 AM
You cannot help but hit a lot of home runs in Gainesville, Fla. Place is a launching pad.

dawgstud
12-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry about that. :)

LOL what a dick.

GatorMan32
12-22-2012, 11:12 AM
You cannot help but hit a lot of home runs in Gainesville, Fla. Place is a launching pad.Tucker and Zunino hit HRs everywhere.

dawgstud
12-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Tucker and Zunino hit HRs everywhere.

Your point? I hope it isn't that Gainesville is anything but a launching pad. B/c if that is your point you don't know wtf you're talking about. Matt LaPorta hit HR's everywhere too. UF is still a launching pad.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Highest pre-season ranking for UK ever. GBB!

:clap:

GatorMan32
12-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Your point? I hope it isn't that Gainesville is anything but a launching pad. B/c if that is your point you don't know wtf you're talking about. Matt LaPorta hit HR's everywhere too. UF is still a launching pad.

you are so angry over something i didnt say which is pretty funny. but you say it like thats the sole explanation for those guys hitting HRs.

dawgstud
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
you are so angry over something i didnt say which is pretty funny. but you say it like thats the sole explanation for those guys hitting HRs.

You are a complete dumbass. I said nothing of the sort. I inferred that THIS group of guys will hit a lot of home runs b/c UF is a launching pad. Said nothing about the previous players, ass clown.

GatorMan32
12-23-2012, 10:32 AM
You are a complete dumbass. I said nothing of the sort. I inferred that THIS group of guys will hit a lot of home runs b/c UF is a launching pad. Said nothing about the previous players, ass clown.

You cannot help but hit a lot of home runs in Gainesville, Fla. Place is a launching pad.

You did not really indicate who you were talking about. But yeah I am a complete dumb*** and *** clown. Good job of proving my point about you melting down over your own BS. I posted about the team playing a different style because the main power guys are gone. Then you start in with you know better than everyone BS like usual. Only for all of your carrying on the team had 75 HRs last year. 35 came from two guys. 40 for the rest of the team for the entire season is not much. That is less than 1 per game for the rest of the team and not all of those were at home. So apparently, you just like to shoot off your mouth without really having a discussion. The team did not hit that many homeruns last year, Zunino and Tucker were the only ones putting up big numbers there. Add to that the influx of speed at various positions based on whose expected to win the job and you play a different style of baseball. That is what I said. But go on, ramble on belligerent as usual. For someone who thinks they rile everyone else up your panties sure did wad mightly quickly.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-23-2012, 10:47 AM
You did not really indicate who you were talking about. But yeah I am a complete dumb*** and *** clown. Good job of proving my point about you melting down over your own BS. I posted about the team playing a different style because the main power guys are gone. Then you start in with you know better than everyone BS like usual. Only for all of your carrying on the team had 75 HRs last year. 35 came from two guys. 40 for the rest of the team for the entire season is not much. That is less than 1 per game for the rest of the team and not all of those were at home. So apparently, you just like to shoot off your mouth without really having a discussion. The team did not hit that many homeruns last year, Zunino and Tucker were the only ones putting up big numbers there. Add to that the influx of speed at various positions based on whose expected to win the job and you play a different style of baseball. That is what I said. But go on, ramble on belligerent as usual. For someone who thinks they rile everyone else up your panties sure did wad mightly quickly.

His panties are in a perma-wad.

GatorMan32
12-23-2012, 11:23 AM
lol true. its funny how pissy he got over that. and without even knowing crap about the make up of this year's team. outside of Gushue and maybe Ramjit, though he does not hit for the power his frame tells you he should because he hits line drives, there are really no other true power guys assured of starting this year. next most likely guy is Shafer who if he put on some bulk could hit for more pop. mostly you have guys like Turgeon and Tobias who are guys that get on and can run like the wind to create things. ironically this more reflects the make up that won two title for Carolina.

dawgstud
12-23-2012, 10:57 PM
UF will be Top 3 in SECin home runs hit at home this year.....GUARANTEED. And wtf SS i thought we were homeboys?

GatorMan32
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
In the spirit of discussion I figured I'd take a look at team stats from last year. I suppose its a relative discussion. Here is a look before I got on.

1. Florida............. 75
2. Kentucky............ 56
3. South Carolina...... 42
LSU................. 42
5. Arkansas............ 39
6. Ole Miss............ 37
7. Auburn.............. 35
8. Vanderbilt.......... 27
9. Georgia............. 25
10.Mississippi State... 21
11.Alabama............. 20
12.Tennessee........... 19

Given that no other team last year averaged one per game, its possible even without putting up huge HR numbers. The rest of the team's 40 would have almost been top 3 last year. So what you said is not a stretch at all.

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-24-2012, 06:42 PM
UF will be Top 3 in SECin home runs hit at home this year.....GUARANTEED. And wtf SS i thought we were homeboys?

Homeboys can get wadded underdrawers too. :grad:

I do agree with your Florida home games HR prediction. I'll not be at all surprised to see the Gators lead the SEC once again in that catagory.

I know I'm ready for some baseball!!

LSUTigers1404
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm so ready for some baseball!

Geaux Tigers!

dawgstud
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Homeboys can get wadded underdrawers too. :grad:

I do agree with your Florida home games HR prediction. I'll not be at all surprised to see the Gators lead the SEC once again in that catagory.

I know I'm ready for some baseball!!

See that, GM? Another non-affiliated w/UF fan says UF is a launching pad. Don't shoot the messenger(s)!

GatorMan32
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
still not sure where i disagreed with the idea that UF had a homerun friendly park because of the conditions in Gainesville or that UF would be amongst the leaders in the conference since nobody has really put up big homerun numbers in the new era of bats besides two guys who happened to play at UF until now.

Dr.SwineSmeller
01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
still not sure where i disagreed with the idea that UF had a homerun friendly park because of the conditions in Gainesville or that UF would be amongst the leaders in the conference since nobody has really put up big homerun numbers in the new era of bats besides two guys who happened to play at UF until now.

Well, one thing, you don't have Dawgstud to argue about it til the sun don't shine.